Mental Health vs Different Strains

I think you may have seen my post about my wife and her invisible ailments. We also have a high functioning son on the spectrum. He is 12 now and hormones RAGE. We had him in a private school but they CLOSED for good right after Covid pandemic. We were treating him with edibles and reduced his psychotropic meds down to 1 pill. He had an episode at Christmas (a very hard time for him) and was hospitalized. The found the THC in his bloodstream an we had to face Social Services and a charge of child endangerment. We could not get / find a doctor here in LasVegas who would prescribe for a child, especially male as they say it affects brain growth in the formative years. So he went back to 6 different medications, has all the side effects and we are bad parents. We have not put him back in school as we are taking a year off for both our boys (8 & 12). We all caught Covid in August and thankfully allhave survived with some post covid issues for wifey and me. We are big advocates of medical MJ and have been experimenting for years dues to all the afflictions we live with. And I am just a pothead to boot

3 Likes

Am continuing this conversation with @Mrb53004 in Private Message. All is well :grinning:
I appreciate everyone’s honesty/kindness and support. Please realize with Holidays coming up and the virus situation that many folks may be having a difficult time this holiday season- So hopefully we can get a good supply of strains that help us out and prep out winter medicine supplies, I know @MDBuds, @dmtscravey. @DollarBill myself and a lot others are cooking our tinctures/oils/etc.

:

4 Likes

Thanks, I am almost out of this batch but my next one will be diluted a little more.I have been using 2mg. 2-3 times a day and I know it helps with my social anxiety most but also helps my bone pain and swelling. Pretty amazing stuff.

4 Likes

@kanashiihawk 8 Ounces of Moon Rock Stored. i’m good till May or next harvest :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Day 17 4 Weeks As mentioned, the strain produces enormous amounts of trichomes, and as harvest draws near the colas start to look as though they have been sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar. just a sweet 11 week baby girl that smells like cat nasty box

How to grow Alien Gorilla Glue Feminized - Q&A

Homegrown Cannabis Co Strains

Jun 18 - Here is the space to talk and ask questions about Alien Gorilla Glue Feminized , if you want to purchase this product you can buy Here is the space to talk and ask questions about Gorilla Glue #4 Feminized , if you want to purchase this product you can buy Gorilla Glue #4 Feminized marijuana seeds here.

3 Likes

@dmtscravey me to brother. :v::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::palm_tree: i like people better when i’m to dang blasted to care

3 Likes

Hopefully, y’all will laugh at this as I have just smoked and I’m enjoying reading about your journeys while also lamenting that I get so lost in forums that I tend to stick to my neck of the woods. :rofl:

I’m a retired paramedic of 911 service and my last call took me off the truck for good after feeling like the Grim Reaper for the previous four months (it happens). I’ve been out of service going on five years now, though the recent events in our country’s history prompted the certification committee to just send me my license again, I know I cannot be of service like I used to so it’s best I sit home, grow, and determine what I’m going to be when I grow up. I have experienced much of what many of you have as I’ve been gifted with the capabilities to take care of people like y’all and I’ve held hands with people at their greatest and worst moments of their life. While our military watches and protects us externally, it was my job to help fight the war internally. Needless to say, boy do I have stories!

The short of it is: I have PTSD, Gaucher’s Disease (enzyme disorder that prevents metabolization of most processed foods) with Parkinson’s Disease w/Lewy Body involvement (the two coincide), while also walking through menopause because I’m an overachiever and like to make things complicated (it’s why most salty old medics never liked to ride with me)

In my journey, I met a fellow patient of Parkinson’s who said it was important to have at least seven strains in my medicine cabinet at all times so that’s my goal as I didn’t set myself up for success most recently and have had a backslide in the cognitive department which is awful because as I said I’m an overachiever and am contemplating law school or medical school (TCM specifically). I’m not trying to be better than anyone, I’m just trying to heal myself.

Y’all have no idea how grateful I am for this thread, especially because there are times when I see bodies laying around in unexpected places and know you will understand.

Much love and peace be with you!

4 Likes

@kmac03 i’m with you, worked 70 hours a week the last three years before retirement to get a better check. Got a Trophy instead, messed up shoulder and a bad neck and back. Woops that’s 3 Trophies :laughing:

Nothing Wrong with me that a screwdriver to the head couldn’t fix :v:

4 Likes

Thank you for your service!

Forgive me while I also shake my head at the ridiculous hours I used to put in. No wonder most of us have adrenal fatigue, huh?

2 Likes

@kmac03 Hey ya friend! I think you’ll find a lot of really caring folks that have turned to using cannabis when Big Pharma has really “screwed the pooch” with us on so much. I have met so many other people who are in the medical field or First Responders (Paramedic/Firefighter/Police) Military folks (current and veterans) nurses, doctors, and caretakers who just get super stressed.

The funny thing is, since I have been on cannabis a lot of my medical (physical) mental(emotional) and the whole shebang combined, (mind/body/soul)- Today’s chaos hectic lifestyle and current events just throws everyone in a bad loop.

One of the best things about Technology? Whats “Old” is “New Again”…We used to have “Pen Pal Friends” now it is just a lot quicker via emails/calls/texts and whatever cyber stuff is out there (that is light years ahead of me!) anyways, YOU all each and every one of you (Even you LURKERS! Yes, who silent few who are reading the thread and hopefully finding some comfort-peace and warm gentle laughter among friends)

Um, yeah, so I was trying a new strain today recommended to me by a friend on here @MDBuds :sunny:
And wow!!! Great stuff, but to be honest I made some infused capsules earlier and I am now comfortably numb and toasted-- Thoroughly happy and toasted. (Thanks for the Terpene Profile friend!)

But yes, I can see that many of us here, have many things in common…It shows that even in this world of so many “differences” that we are all so very, very much the same. We are human. And, I am really happy right now! :peace_symbol: :love_you_gesture: :seedling:

2 Likes

Thank you for the smile on my face.

It is pretty great we can communicate, I agree. I don’t get super stressed, so to speak, not that you can see. However, when Tool came to town, we almost missed it because I just knew some stuff was going to go down at such a large venue and my brain was like, “You are not in shape to be triaging a large scene.” Thankfully, he loves me enough to be super freakin’ patient with me when I cannot be and we made it and I had a blast (after my tachycardia chilled).

And then, I became an energy healer and my talking to you now reminded me that my mourning time is over and I need to continue to heal-thy-self. :pray:t2: :heartpulse: :pray:t2:

3 Likes

@kanashiihawk Watch Out :laughing: i’m making Moon Rocks and this time i’m Puffing Scraps of The Third Kind

Two Hits, i had to put it Down or Drop It

4 Likes

@kanashiihawk happy to help. Which strain did you end up trying first?

2 Likes

@kmac03 if you want some help finding strains or the right terpene profile you can pm me and I’ll get you in the right direction. I’ve seen a few of your posts but it’s easier to get the right strains and terps one on one so you can tell me what you want and need from cannabis.

3 Likes

Wants and needs are multi-faceted just like me. Haha! In all seriousness, I will do as I have been getting lost in the details as of late. Thank you for offering as I’m shy to reach out to most.

3 Likes

@kmac03 I understand. No rush and no pressure. Anything we discuss will be kept private as well. I just enjoy helping people with cannabis. I’ve worked as EMT security and had a paramedics license and done a lot of first responder work myself. I’ve also worked a lot at VA homes taking care of disabled veterans and such. I have a lot of empathy for them and hated seeing how those pharmaceuticals messed them up. I wanted to get all those old vets high so I just started working with a few cannabis drs and started growing medicinal cannabis and researching holistic medicine like crazy.

4 Likes

While I was still in EMS, my part time gig was private transport. It was a gentleman I was transporting home from the VA that turned me back onto cannabis. He was a Vietnam vet who knew the docs/nurses were just trying to buy him time with chemo and such. He wanted to go home, so he did. He and I had a long talk on his way home. He told me that his grandson had a blunt ready for him and some plants going for him as he just wanted peace before he left this earthly plane. He told me our Creator had him a perfect fishing spot. I am grateful for such experiences as well.

Hell, the very first time I went to neuro, I told them I was in cognitive decline and wanted to get to the bottom of it. I even lost my wallet in the reception area. After MRI results, “Well, we know something is going on, but it’s not MS, I’m going to send you to pain management.” I didn’t even mention a thing about pain.

4 Likes

My dispensary had a nice Verano Blueberry pen (disposable vape). Wonderfully awesome! I also have the HCC Lavender growing (as you had mentioned) and I got some other goodies to turn into infused tincture soon. Thanks again friend :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Holy Moly! Yep, I’d be down and out alright! :peace_symbol:

1 Like

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN PURCHASE SOME JENNY KUSH SEEDS?
I’ve been to more than 7 sites, all say they are sold out. Some company in Spain is all I found for seeds.
I’ve checked the most reliable seed banks, with no luck. :vulcan_salute:t6: :v:t6: :alien: :smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looking good @DollarBill, Yum!