Live Q&A with Kyle Kushman - 17th July @ 6pm PT

14 Likes

AMAZING!!! I cannot wait! My question would be - when you’re breeding or thinking about breeding - where do you go to find the sources available to see true lineage of strains? Also what are some of the original strains that we see today in many crosses? I love your work Kyle, you’re a phenomenal teacher and I’m currently using your training techniques this grow! Have a badass day - Kronic

2 Likes

Excited for this. Tons of questions being a novice cannabis grower. My biggest question would be about sourcing nutrients, and more information on vegetarian/vegan nutrients. We source the majority of our food from our property and the rest is very locally sourced (neighbors raise beef and pork), so I’m intrigued by any nutrient I can make or source myself.

4 Likes

Sounds like an excellent idea!

4 Likes

Wow this is great! I have tons of questions! My first is if I have seeds do I have to start them off in the paper towel? Can’t I just plant them? How do you know when it’s time to move a plant from let’s say a pot to in the ground?

5 Likes

Kyle, Thanks for the quality seed I received. 100% germination! My question: I am growing the autoflower Fire OG. I toiled with the idea to FIM or not to FIM. This is my first Grow. As of today she is 20 days old and very healthy. I’m using General Hydroponics Flora Series of nutes. I’m following a prescribed feeding course from GH. My worry is if FIMMed will it have enough recovery time before going into the flower phase? Will it progress in the needed growth spurt if the procedure is accomplished? I sexed it on day 19, and performed the FIM on node 5 or at the next set after the first 5 point leaves appeared, so second set of 5 points was FIMed.

4 Likes

First, thank you for the quality of your seeds! every seed, so far, has germinated and the strength of the genetics are outstanding with strong growth and rapid recovery when stressed.

My main question right now is with Vegamatrix nutrients. With the range of amount of each nutrient to be used during a feeding, what do you look for in your plants to know whether you should be on the upper end of the nutrient range or on the lower end?

4 Likes

So I’m really interested in understanding the actually genetic code of Autoflower and what makes them so stable. Your Autoflower I’ve been able to pretty much train any which way with none of the girls popping pollen sacs. So my question is when you are looking at strains to seed out, what key structural components or genetic markers are you looking for when you collect a male or even mother a plant for possible breeding projects? And how long do you tend to breed out a mother for testing it? I’m so new to growing and eventually I’d like to step into breeding projects one day but lineage and stability are so important so I don’t want to mess up! Anyone can chuck some pollen but it definitely is an art form to see the good genetics among plants. Thanks for bringing such amazing breeds into our world Kyle you seriously rock! - Kronic

3 Likes

Another question I do have is what is your best advice for new growers who don’t understand trichomes just yet, how to tell when their plant is just ready to harvest? I’ve had many new growers ask me about trichome color and it tends to be difficult for me to answer as it really seems dependent upon strain. I wanted to hear from a way more experienced grower on your preferred ratio of amber to cloudy or if there’s no amber forming how long does one wait until cutting and drying? Thank you Kyle! - Kronic

2 Likes

Alright alright last question haha When did you begin to understand the importance of VPD, and begin utilizing it to its fullest potential?

2 Likes

This is great guys! Thanks! Will be there for sure!

2 Likes

Although I’ve been growing and breeding since the late 80’s. This is my first attempt at autoflowers. I aquired some seeds from a buddy’s grow when a plant developed a male and self pollenated and a nearby plant. The 2 S1 plants are very different. 1 looks like it’s mother. The other looks completely different and it’s not autoflowering. I thought it was basically mendelin genetic with resesseve traits. If I self flower this plant will the S2’s be auto?

3 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Very excited! This is gonna be great!

2 Likes

Newbie question about expectation and future planning. Currently have 2 pure indica and 2 GDP which popped the end of May (so cal region). Now mid July they are mostly 24 inches high topped a week ago with LST branches extending well past the 5 gallon container, still in veg stage but signs of white pistols at the main nodes. My questions are: How big should I expect these girls to get between now and Oct? Will a 5 gallon (soil) container be sufficient or should I plan a re-pot and when?

Great source of info, thanks HCC!

3 Likes

Kyle,
I followed your entire super cropping regime and having good results. I usually top and some LST but did get even better results super cropping. I don’t see a link to upload a photo?

2 Likes

How do you mix Vegamatrix with Aptusa? Meas.,? I would like to grow like your grow tents! Ur amazing Kyle thank you!!

2 Likes

Hey Kyle, love the blueberry autos and the gelato feminized; the lowryders are getting me baked right now. I grow indoors and outside in my backyard, in mostly soil, but I’ve recently had amazing success with coco coir indoors and outside. My question is about heat and how it affects plants. My plants seem to love the heat, but I wonder if you have any tips for heat issues indoors and outside. Thanks , from the Coco Loco Vaquero in atx.

2 Likes

When growing cannabis is it good to get rid of all the popcorn buds so it does not use up so much energy for the plant to grow bigger bud

2 Likes

I have a lot of dried leafs from when I was trimming my tree, per Kyle’s directions. I want to use them! I’m thinking of letting them sit in alcohol (everclear) for a while then putting in oven at 240 degrees. I remember doing something like that about 40 years ago. It was…very strong weed after the work the guys put into it. Whaddya think, any other ideas? Don’t want to start any fires! :slight_smile:

2 Likes