Light information please

Sorry the mars hydro comes out to 36 watt per sq ft not 32. That should teach me to type without verifying.

1 Like

I too have left the high pressure sodium lights that I used for years. My replacement is from HGT there raw series my electric used for my grow is a good bit lower and where I live you go to jail if caught. I’m very stealth with my garden. I would recommend this type of light for anyone no fans to stop and the light is adjustable good for the veg and flowering cycles. Stay safe and grow happy. Best Regards Robert

2 Likes

There are 2 good cheap lights on the market, if your growing photoperid plants spider farmer, if autoflowers you want a 2 cycle veg and bloom viperspectra reflector series.

1 Like

Hey @Kris I have Spider Farmer 1000. I like it, minimal heat.

My girls have done ok so far. Happy growing

1 Like

I have ended up with the Spider Farmer SF2000 and Mars Hydro TS1000

Aren’t we having fun?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have two of the Raw series LED I bought from HTG growing supply I have a 8-8 tent and I have plenty of light and I know that if you are running a 4-4 tent one will be plenty of light. There has already been a lot of great choices. I hope whatever brand you get make you happy. Stay safe and grow happy

2 Likes

The raw I mentioned to you has a 6-6 vegative foot print and a 4-and half foot print in flowering it has a adjustable light intensity and a little sliding switch so you can go from veg to flower. I keep mine on flowering I don’t dim mine and you have a great bunch of choices and the raw uses heat sinks and no fans on the light to cool them and you can’t break something that isn’t there. Stay safe and grow happy.

2 Likes

Spyder farmer lights are great if your growing photoperid plants, but they are full spec lights and contain red and ir, if growing autoflowers i recomend viperspectra reflector series, these are 2 cycle lights so you can run your autoflowers under blue light when there in veg mode, when you switch to bloom you turn off the blue and turn on the red and ir, you can allso run them full spec with both blue and red and ir, im not quite shure if true but running autoflowers under full spec can cause them to flower prematurely bc of the red and ir, i have 2 600w but 1 will cover a 4x4 tent, they have a daisy chain so you can run 2 together, can be had for $150 deliverd, been running mine for 3 years without a single issue, comes with warenty. I used to run my autos with a metal halide cold blue and when it was time to bloom i would use hps bulb, they use more energy and throw off more heat but can be had at grow ace for $100 bucks including ballast hood and 2 bulbs 1 metal halide and 1 hps.

2 Likes

In my experience, IT DOES! I run Viper, the newer XS series and They POP MUCH sooner with both on rather than separately. BUT, I also see the end result…my buds are LARGER running full spectrum.

1 Like

I have allways run autos under blue light in veg mode bc someone was complaining that there plants were going into flower early, but since i allways run my plants under blue light i do not know if this is true, however autoflowers yeild less outdoors under natural sunlight witch is full spec so there is evidence, when i run photoperid plants i start them off under blue light until there about 3/4 thru veg then i run them under full spec till there ready to flower this seems to give them an extra boost before i cut the cycle and switch to bloom, when i tried this with autos the plants growth rate slowed considerably and plants started showing trichome even though i was still feeding veg nutrients, dont get me wrong for the price spider farmer is a great light but personally would not use on autoflowers bc the light is full spec like the sun and i think will affect yield, this is not a problem with photoperid plants bc they grow fine under natural sunlight, what i like about the viperspectra is you can run full spec for your photoperid plants as i stated i do this when there 3/4 thru veg and the plants blow up, when you first put your plants outdoors in sping the sun is emitting more blue, as the season progresses more red is emited, as the days shorten the sun while still full spec is emitting more red so me personally when running autoflowers use just blue light until i flush out and start giving bloom nutrients, at this point i turn off the blue and turn on the red an ir for the rest of the plants cycle, i luv the fact with the viperspectra you can run all specs of light at certain times, you cannot do this with spyder, however under spider i have seen some really nice photoperid plants but then again you can run your viperspectra full spec anytime, what makes the spider a great photoperid light is the Samsung diods these are better than the viperspectra, still if i was not growing autoflowers i would buy a spider if i was only running photoperid plants bc the light is so cost efficient but then again so is the viperspectra, so i guess what im trying to say is that there both great lights for the price but in my opinion if you mostly or allways run autoflowers i would go with the viperspectra, if your running photoperid plants i would go with the spider bc of the better diods.

3 Likes

I supplement…I have 5 lights currently. A separate UVA/UVB, A far red that I use at sprout time, it spurs root development, a burple 2 stage that has the heavy blue, the viper and an extender. I had a custom built arrive at Christmas but it got damaged in shipment and had to go back to china. Samsung 301b, not h, ir, uv, 8 bars, 389 lights per bar, 6 foot leads on the drivers , 640w so I can mount them outside the tent. When that comes, it will be for the photo’s. I will move my viper to a separate grow box with the UVA/UVB, my extender to a starter box with the RED. You hit it right on POINT.

3 Likes

I’m always reading threads a month old…I grow as a hobby…I use the Viper 2500 which I bought last November…It takes my plants from seed to harvest…I also use a small fan…My electric bill runs $20 to 25 a month…I bought a watt/cost per watt type plug-in…Good investment…My well water is always at a 6.4 ph…I use MG potting soil…Last grow I did an experiment with 2 Jack Herer autos…One was fed NPK supplements, the other no NPK,juat what came in the MG soil…Both plants harvested out at 20 grams each…I also grew a Og kush with full NPK additives w/ increasing PK during flowering…No problems…Mostly I seem to have plant issues when adding nutrients…Always chasing my tail, sort of speak…I’m thinking no added nutrients during veg…Only flowering…Besides electricity, mostly diy nutrients and revamped MG soil…My grow cost is cheap…

5 Likes

Those plants look like more than 20 gram plants.

3 Likes

I always hope for bigger yields…The bottom up above these 2 Og kush photos is a Jack Herer…I love sativa strains…Even though smaller yields…The top one is Og kush…I love indica strains also…I got 44g from her

3 Likes

Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day, I got a wonderful feeling, somethings coming your way…enjoy, looks GREAT!

2 Likes

Thank you for your kindness and I believe that I will order a spider farmer because the raw lights were on the expensive side. I love a deal as long as it works and from what you have said they take care of business. And I’m all about taking care of business. Thank you for your help. I have had very good yields on my autos because they are averaging 30-36 grams of buds. I was hoping that Tennessee would at least get a medical bill passed it never made it to the floor. And I don’t understand why Alabama is coming out and Mississippi is in Virginia you can grow 4 out side and they have medical to. I think that it’s past time for the government to stop the foolish things that they do. And alcohol is the gateway drug. Marijuana is a healing herb. But if you live in Tennessee you will be put in prison if you are caught. Stay safe and grow happy.

1 Like

my family lives in monroe county in east tenn. definately still in the old fashioned bible belt…

1 Like

I was hoping that medical would make it because we are surrounded by places that have figured it out and you will never stop it. Just remember that it’s on a need to know thing and nobody needs to know. I hope you have a wonderful grow and stay safe and grow happy.

1 Like

Im in ky and they will lock your ass up for it too