Indoor Michigan Grow

Hello, everyone! A Michigan grower here.

I embarked on my first indoor grow after I bought some seeds from HGC. I planted Bruce Banner; Strawberry Cough; Wedding Cake; and Gelato 33. All feminized. No autoflowers.

I have my girls in a 5 foot by 5 foot by 80 inches. I got two lights in the tent - one 800W and one 1000W.

I water every 2-3 days with organic fertilizer mixed into the water. I also got a Cal/Mag supplement for them.

No hydroponics. I got the girls in big pots. Should I be watering more often?

I got the girls on 12/12 time. The plants started flowering around Mid-December.

How much longer of the flowering time do you think these plants need? The HGC site indicates 8-10 weeks flowering time. I am thinking probably by Mid-Feb (if not sooner) these plants are going to be ready for harvest.

Pics are as follows: 1 & 2 - Bruce Banner; 3 & 4 - Strawberry Cough; 5 & 6 Wedding Cake; 7 & 8 Gelato 33; 9-12 - overall pics.

What is going on with my Wedding Cake plant? Why are some of the leaves so thin?

7 Likes

Hi @rodenya01!

Welcome to HGCC!

You have some beautiful plants there. Is it possible that you could get some images with normal lighting? The blue lights make it hard for some of us with aging eyes :roll_eyes: see what’s going on.

I look forward to watching more of your grow. :v:t2:

3 Likes

I will have to get some pics when I get home from work. I welcome an input from any of the experienced folks on here.

4 Likes

You say you water every 2 -3 days, when is the last time you watered? Also, what medium is she growing in?

2 Likes

I watered my plants on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. Soil mix - Fox Farm Coco Loco Potting Mix.

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you. What are your temps and RH?

2 Likes

70 degrees.

Not sure what RH is? Admittedly, I am newbie. Did you mean PH?

3 Likes

That’s my mistake. What is room humidity? If you would like to include your water pH, that would be good, too. I appreciate your patience while I try to wake up.

Also, just so you can read some previous conversation that @MDBuds had regarding this plant, too. Not sure he’s awake yet or if he’s working, but I’m sure he and @Mrb53004 will come take a look, too.

3 Likes

Thank you! Any advice you folks provide, I will be soaking up like a sponge!

4 Likes

You’re welcome. I’d love to offer advice, but I’ve never grown her before, though she’s on my list.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum and the community @rodenya01 !

As far as readiness is concerned, you’ll want to get a small scope or jewelers loupe to get a close view of the trichomes.

This is what you’ve looking for:

5 Likes

Saved that photo for future use. Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Welcome! I think you hit a gold mine when you joined this forum. I’m a ‘newbie’ so I have no advice to offer, but you certainly came to the right place…there are plenty of people here that are very knowledgable and willing to help :). Happy growing!

5 Likes

Here is a pic of my white widow auto I took this morning. I believe this is about perfect for what I want…more on the sativa side since the trichomes are about 1/2 cloudy and not turning amber yet…hope this helps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think mine are close too. I will post some pics later on today, after I get out of work.

3 Likes

Just an observation…image 205 & 6 show signs of overwatering or drainage issue. The leaves are droopy and curling. Some plants drink at a different rate, some soils compact more than others, even same brands. The roots can affect how the plant drinks and drains.
I water when my plants are thirsty, not on a schedule. I also water in different orders so I do not get a Rh (humidity) boost from watering everything at the same time. I have a dozen plants going at once and it makes a difference in my environment. Not the same for smaller tents, to each his own. I water only 2 / 3 plants at a time. Not sure how it would be in your tent.

4 Likes

You’re more than likely right. And that’s good advice, thank you!

2 Likes

Follow-up photos:

1&2 - strawberry cough
3&4 - Bruce banner
5&6 - wedding cake
7&8 - gelato 33

7 Likes

Tinker Bell must have been here…Guess someone’s going to the harvest festival soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a newbie so how much longer do you think these ladies gotta go for? Couple weeks?

3 Likes