From your seeds

It’s sounds like you guys know your way around lights. With the small 1000w led 110 actual watts. How close have you guys put them to the seedling. 4in tall?

2 Likes

The wattage is a bad determining factor for distances. Intensity is way better. I keep my mars hydro tsl 2000 at 12 in and turn up intensity from 30% to 100% at 10% intervals every day or two. They do real good like this they go from seed leafs to outgrowing there 32 oz intermediate cup in 7 days. This has been working real good for me.

1 Like

I understand that watts are not a good determining factor. I was just trying to explain the light. I’ve been learning more about ppfd. It sounds like it would be ok for me to move it closer. Especially because it’s only on veg?

1 Like

Based on your light and how your using it. I think I should move my light quite a bit closer?

2 Likes

I would think so. Look up your ppfd map for that light and anything under 1000 ought to be safe as long as you work your way up in intensity over time.

1 Like

Thank you! I looked up the grid and there is only one square in yhe very center that is over a 1000. I moved it down to 15 inches about 30 minutes ago still on just veg and they are already praying to the light :pray:

2 Likes

I’ve always been an outdoor grower so I’m still trying to get used to led lights. Back in the day we would put them under some t5’s for a couple of months and then they went outside. I’ve been trying in my backyard the last few years but this year I bought a 2×4 tent and trying to learn about indoor as I get these seedlings ready for the season. I appreciate your input.

2 Likes

Sweet. Almost everything I read said dim lights for seedlings and veg. It just did not make sense to me so I get the light up as fast as I feel safe and it works great for me.

1 Like

@Jared @Athan1982 @Mrb53004

:v::laughing: :sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops: with Molasses :wave::slightly_smiling_face: Starting 18 Weeks

2 Likes

:v::slightly_smiling_face: nice Frosty insiders

:laughing: How many days ago was November 4th 2020?
126 days :rofl:

How many hours, minutes and seconds ago?
3,018 hours
181,095 minutes
10,865,717 seconds :wave:

1 Like

Gorilla Glue #4

Muy tasty :yum:

5 Likes

@Khatru i love your lights are you still using? Vapor

4 Likes

High pressure sodium and metal halide.

The pic was taken with a flash just after lights out.

1 Like

@Khatru yeah, that’s what it was s-halide

1 Like

1 Like

Like fireworks. Beautiful.

2 Likes

:v::slightly_smiling_face: :boom:

:v::flushed: Start of 19 Weeks

3 Likes

:horse_racing: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CL9t3SrKqos/?igshid=1hjyb1jhdzqz :laughing:

Uploading: IMG_20210315_183025.jpg…

11days old today early skunk X northern lights

1 Like