First time grower

Hey guys quick question. I’m 2 weeks in to my first grow and 3 out of 4 of my plants look pretty good, the one however is a much lighter color and seems to have stopped growing. Any advice? Here are the 4

1 Like

@MDBuds is it me or does the soil have a different color as well. Looks like a couple of the others are starting to have same issue.

2 Likes

What are your Temps? Are you giving any nutes? What are you feeding if anything?

1 Like

Temps have been around 78 with a RH of around 40 - 50. I watered with a touch of myco after sprout came up. Now straight H20 spring water

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, there is no filter on the pictures but I wasn’t sure if it was the light

1 Like

Is that ffhf it has nutes in it. Enough to go to flower and you could burn them. It looks like might be something else. Is hard to get a answer this for into a tred. Try making a new one.

2 Likes

Looks like you got something on itthat could be it. If its soil

2 Likes

Looks like he just got the seedling wet and it hit a high phosphorus patch. It will bounce back. Just make sure to water wet to dry.

2 Likes

I wouldnt try scrog with autos man, those are very easy yo stress and doing the cuts to get more branches will lower your yield a lot. Just let the auto strains grow and use the lst to allow the light go deeper.

1 Like

Are you giving calcium/magnesium to your plants? Usually they start asking for a higher dose of those nutrients between the second and the third week, try to spray water with 0.4-0.5 EC with calcium and magnesium and the same values each time you water the plant.

1 Like

MDBuds recommended “Water wet to dry”. Many new growers do not understand that concept so here is a little blurb on it:
I do not like to place a small plant in a large pot. We wind up putting in so much water that we start to restrict the Oxygen value in the soil, it compacts, washes away nutrients that the roots cannot reach. I start in small containers and increment (transplant or use recyclable material like peat pods / cups in incrementing sizes) into a final container.
MJ does not like…little water…It like to be saturated and then dry out before the next watering. Seedlings may be different but once we start getting true leaves, we start true watering. We water until the soil leeches out the bottom of the container. We usually have some kind of catch basin under it. We wait and allow the container to wick (pull the water back up) that excess back into the plant. If there is standing water after 1 hour, we discard that. Then we wait until the soil is dry. In smaller containers (many of us grow auto and only use 3 gal containers for final grow) and get used to the weight of a dry container. You will also start to see the plant start to droop a little like when OVERWATERING. Then we water again, repeating the cycle. That is Wet to Dry. We usually tend / visit our plants on a daily basis so unless you are going out of town or something, they will not perish.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info guys, about the CalMag, is this something that I should consider investing in? I’m not trying to buy anymore unnecessary things

1 Like

Every grower NEEDS CAL/MAG. Hook up with @Kronic, he posted a DIY at home version. I cut it down (size) to fit my needs.

5 Likes

Thank you for this info! I think I’ll be able to pick up a lot from his channel

1 Like

@Topher85 I’m so happy you enjoy the channel and learning from it! I love sharing my knowledge so feel free to tag me if you ever have a question! Much love! https://youtu.be/0clh_HSvUro Epsom Salts are Organic Magnesium - use 1tsp Per Gallon :smiley: same thing With DIY calcium. 1tsp per gallon! Happy Growing!

2 Likes

(Sorry I just dropped in but) Right on man!! thanks for the info and the vid :+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

@Notyournxtdorneighbr no problem! My offer to help extends to anyone here ^.^ much love! I’m glad you enjoyed!

1 Like

@Kronic. Should I used Calmag on every water?

1 Like

No you should not, you will lock them up and they won’t absorb nutrients. I do not add cal/mag to my water, I use a foliar spray. Plants do a better job absorbing through their leaves than uptake from the roots. When we start adding cal/mag to the soil, we start to change the natural ph of the soil. Then we have to concern ourselves in WHAT MEDIUM we are growing in. Is it Living Soil, coco/peat mix, substrates that do / do not contain nutrients, water (hydro)? Each will have its own cal/mag requirements. I foliar spray about every 3 days.I grow in a mix of living soil, compost, and peat, coco, perlite, vermiculite and worm casings (I have a worm bed and nightcrawlers with an organic feed only regimen). So you have to look at your substrate AND your plants to determine what they need / want.
I still add epson salt and gypsum and small amounts of dolomite lime to my compost so there is a decent foundation. Many trace elements too with the epson salt. This makes it easier on me for feeding schedules. I can use water only all the way to flower (on auto’s) and then supplement as they move to flower. I usually only have 3 mixtures…water (to flower), P to late flower, PK to final flower. Along they way I add Molasses, kelp and sometimes DE (diat earth) if needed. I foliar spray with Kelp and cal/mag and water often with TEA (brewing compost, worm casings). My soil starter is FFOF (indoors). Outside is a whole different setup

1 Like

@Mrb53004 thank you. What is your foliar spray? I’m new to this and absorbing everything I can.

2 Likes