First time grower

What’s up guys, first time grower here. I have a pretty nice setup but I wanted to see what you guys thought of my first auto. This is currently 10 days in.

4 Likes

Welcome to the machine! Off to a good start you are. What strain is this auto?

1 Like

Thanks, I have 2 going. White Widow and Lemon Haze. I figured to start with the basics but I’m a little concerned about the widow. She’s the same age but looks completely different. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Topher85. Glad you found us. 2 very different strains is the main reason for the difference. What’s you set up? Medium, light etc.

1 Like

I’ve got a grow tent 30x18x36 with 2 1000 LED (actually wattage is around 100ea) with fox farm in one and black gold soil in the other. I’ve held off on nutrients other than myco at the beginning. Trying to water light and keeping temp around 80 at highest. I appreciate you guys for the help and advice

2 Likes

@Topher85 Sounds like a nice start. With a 36 in tent you will have to really stay on top of your plant height but from reading your post you sound like you have done the research it takes to get a good start.

2 Likes

Your gonna run outta room vertically with the lemon haze unless you LST them. Dont be intimidated by it it is easy and harmless to your plant. There are several members doing it right now and have good pics so you can see. Dont bother with ANY nutes for first 3 weeks. Make sure you PH you water when you do water.

2 things to research now Low Stress Training (lst) see @dmtscravey current grow for an EXCELLENT example of how to do this. And Vapor Pressure Difference (vpd).

3 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ve been trying to get a ph reading on the soil but with the tester I purchased I get a constant 7.5 no matter what. Also what is Vapor pressure, I’m not familiar with that

1 Like

Also would it be more beneficial to size up tona 2x4x5 tent? I’ve got access to an extra light, I wasn’t sure how much more beneficial it would be

1 Like

Man u sound like me when I started, I bought a BUNCH of stuff n didnt actually need or use 40% of it lol

4 Likes

The bigger tent is up to you. Nothing wrong with a small grow space at all. Some prefer it.

As for the VPD. It’s a number that’s relative to how well your plants breathe. It’s a combination of RH and Temp. Depending on the stage of plant the it need different VPD to grow to its maximum. Its one of the more important things to your overall success that many ppl over look. It’s also a factor in plant stress and a contributing factor to some diseases (PM).

3 Likes

Wow, there are a ton of little details I wasn’t aware of. Looks like I’ve got some research to do. Thanks again for all the info!

3 Likes

It’s a whole universe of new information. But dont get discouraged, it’s a weed after all. Some soil, water, light and love and it will grow.

6 Likes

Man, if I may, everyones style n grow is a bit different, what works for me might not have the same effect for you in ur region of the world and in ur grow configuration, so something I learned too late is once u have ur basic stuff only purchase things as u see the need arise, this will save u tons of money!..but I am currently running a small grow space also, for stealth, so LST LST LST LST LST LST! Lst is ur best friend

4 Likes

Man it adds up quick, now I’ve got a setup but no cash haha. Hopefully these autos will turn out and soon.

3 Likes

Also to go along with LST do you guys have a preference of SOG or SCOG. There is way more information than I would have ever dreamed when it comes to this weed haha

4 Likes

It’s just the beginning. They have ulterior motives, I promise. Muahaha! :wink::herb::joy:

3 Likes

SOG, typically means LOTS of small plants in flower. SCOG usually means fewer plants but trained on a screen/net/trellis and grown much larger.

SOG works best with clones SCOG works best with autos and longer grow photos.

Honestly I prefer to SCOG individual plants, and less for support, really to help keep the buds separate and allow light penetration and air flow.

4 Likes

… I have a scrog net, but, I use bamboo skewers and run them across the top of the planter, i top then just tie the branches down as she grows, I do this to maximize my yield as well as keeping my plants as short as possible bc space and stealth is a big issue for me

9 Likes

That’s nice man, that’s just one plant stretched out low? I’m definitely intrested in that with LST

3 Likes