DIY light from HLG

So I have finished, for now, my main light for my grow tent/room. 500 watts at the light/s and around 650 at the wall. My grow space is 3×4, soon to be upgraded to 4×4.

3 quantum boards (hlg 288 rspec) and 2 hlg sabers. Total cost was under 600$ including the power supplies (meanwell 320 1750 and 320 2100) and wire.

I may add to this in the future, which is why I built it myself. I wanted adaptability and to run the powers supplies out side my grow, since that’s where the majority of the heat is produced.

6 Likes

@rye Really awesome, I love seeing LED builds and I can’t wait to see some girls underneath :blush: Any ideas on strains you’re throwing underneath? :smiley:

3 Likes

@

Finishing up the lemon haze autos now. Maybe 10 days left.

I am seriously considering the lemon haze again but running different soils/mediums just to experiment, I am wanting to try living soil, veganic and a hybrid soil/hydro method. I was thinking that keeping with the same strain will help me to compare the results.

Now having said that in also really like growing different strains. Maybe I should just build another grow room. Hmmmm

5 Likes

@Rye I’ve been thinking about piecing together and hlg build myself. I really want to use American made led tech but it’s all so damn expensive right now. Thanks for sharing that they have DIY kits though. I’ll have to take a look around and source some out. Great looking build man.

3 Likes

@MDBuds check out “led gardner” on youtube and blog. Great info and reviews for the diy crowd, specifically to grow lights, including par and ppf videos.

4 Likes

Hell yea brother! I’ve employed hlg lights on the front lines for several grows now! No doubt the newer ones r even better, I stand by these lights 100% u made an excellent lighting choice my friend, if uve never used hlg lights, will not be disappointed, I can assure u!

3 Likes

That is really cool bud. Where did you learn how to build the leds?
How can you get the right light spectrum?
I would really like to do the same thing for myself.

Thanks,
JD

2 Likes

Oh man, the hlg lights are fairly easy to assemble it’s a kit, they send u all the peices you need to assemble and its mostly common sense, but there are step by step videos on YouTube, and u can either buy the red spectrum or blue spectrum lights both in many sizes it just depends on what ur wanting to do

1 Like

@Rye yummmm Lemon haze! But I mean options are nice! Hahaha another grow room does solve all those problems :wink: nothing like more girls! Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue: I’m excited to see what you do :smiley:

I’m using a viparspectra p1000 for my girls right now. I grow outdoors but I messed these seeds up so I had to bring them inside to nurture and reveg them. They seem to be loving life now, probably put them back outside in about a month or so. :raised_hands::sunglasses::point_up:

2 Likes

@Jerry3lbs the quantum boards are already built, you just mount them to a heatsink and then wire them to a power supply. The sabers are just wire up to the power supply. Most of their stuff you can buy as either completed components, assembled kits or self assembled kits.

1 Like

BTW these are GSC x Blue Headband and SLH :sunglasses:

Here is the latest pic of my girls Bertha aka Stanky(GSC x Blue Headband​:drooling_face:) and Hazel(Super Lemon Haze​:drooling_face:) on the right and that’s my brand new HLG 350R they’re sitting under. I just flipped the lights last Friday, so I’ll have some more pics in a couple weeks when they start showing flowers :sunglasses::fire::100:

2 Likes