Difference between topping and fimming

I will get a ph test kit. How do I increase the zinc??

2 Likes

@dmtscravey I’d just get a micro nutrient booster. It’s like a cal mag but has iron, zinc, boron, copper, etc… there are a few brands available.

Another option is strawberry leaves/tops. They have a lot of zinc in them and you can make a tea with them to fix zinc deficiency.

2 Likes

Will something like this work for a tester or do I need to get like strips and that kind of stuff?

Kensizer Soil Tester, 3-in-1 Soil Moisture/Light/pH Meter, Gardening Tool kit for Plants Care, Digital Plant Thermometer, Water Meter for Indoor & Outdoor, No Battery Required https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQLZB2T/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_fabc_CFcXFbEST7XKY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

@dmtscravey something like that would work yes.

1 Like

@dmtscravey - your choice is not the best for ph. I would personally go with a ph pen, they are about the same cost. You do not have a light issue and your moisture appears to be spot on as told by your plants. Just put ph tester in your amazon search and check the ratings

1 Like

According to all the reviews on Amazon there are no good affordable ph testers.

I have a Spider Farmer SF 2000 and a Mars Hydro 1000. I have them both at 50-60 % and at 22” above my plants. 3X5 growing area. Using Miracle Grow soil. The first two 1/2 weeks they seemed stunted I think due to the old Kelloggs organic soil…I had at least 100 gnats in those first weeks. Your plants are already so bushy!!

I am just simply amazed with all the information you have to share!!! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

If you haven’t maybe you should try topping one of your plants and see how you like that. Then you just pruin the big leaves out of the way of the lower branches And let some light get to them and they will stretch right up to the top like the main stem. Atleast once a week I take a handful of leaves off both plants.

1 Like

OK I just ordered a pound of strawberries from Walmart I will make my tea tomorrow and water the plants with it.

2 Likes

Thanks. I tried fimming one of my plants the other day…I thought maybe they were too small to fim or top.

1 Like

OK today I made my strawberry greens tea and fed to my plant to help build up zinc up in the soil. And I tied that plant down in 8 different places and am going to do some lst on her. And of course I always prune.

5 Likes

@dmtscravey looking good man. Keep up the great work. :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Holy canopy DMTman. You certainly got it going on

2 Likes

Here’s a shot today of the recovery after I did all the pruning and lst yesterday she’s looking fabulous! Oh yeah I also fed her strawberry tea for zinc yesterday.

6 Likes

I’m all out of likes for today, so I just wanted to say that I’m loving from afar!

2 Likes

@dmtscravey looks beautiful man. Perked right back up from that strawberry greens tea. Keep up the good work man. You’ll have a 1 lb plant in no time.

2 Likes

Thank you I think this white widow may be my one pound plant. I’m loving the way their growing. I like their shape and everything and it already has like 50 tops on it, crazy fun !

2 Likes

@dmtscravey yeah. White widow is great. The way they grow is another reason they’re one of my favorites. It’s so rewarding to watch how well they take to just slight adjustments and explode in growth.

2 Likes

It’s 12/03/2020 Here’s an update on the plants. They are growing fabulously. I have not pruned anything since the last tie down. 5 weeks 4 days old.

5 Likes