Difference between topping and fimming

Here’s my update for Thanksgiving I will post a side-by-side comparison this is 11/25/2020 and they are now 31 days old. I have only fimmed 1 the other 1 I topped at 1st then I trained it and then I fimmed it. we will see the difference in the long run. Thanks for taking this ride with me have a happy Thanksgiving!!

5 Likes

AGH! No no no…these are only 31 days old!!! I’ve been happy as heck that my plants are not even half this size at 31 days old.

This is my Strawberry Cough at 3 /2 weeks old. :frowning:

Kris, OK so I went back and double checked my counting and they are 33 days old today they came out of the ground on October 25th. I think the miracle Grow organic potting soil really helps with the plants. I did not feed them until 20 days old,they only got water. I have only gave them nutrients one time Since they sprouted. I did do a handful of leaf pruning today though.

2 Likes

Holy crap! What am I doing wrong?! You have way more plant then I do!

How much light do you have? I am running 2-1500 W LED full spectrum lights. Other than that I am doing nothing special but giving them good dirt a nice breeze with a good fan And talk to them everyday. And occasionally stroke their leaves.

3 Likes

I had to tie down the plant again she is growing like a weed. I think this Lst thing is going to be my new method of preference! 11/29/2020! I have fimmed both plants yesterday.

(upload://sg6BMrkdQg01Ic7slUSKlpWlYJm.jpeg)

5 Likes

@dmtscravey looks great man. You have some beautiful ladies going there. Great job for your first time for fiming and trying out LST. It’s already like you’ve been doing it for years.

3 Likes

@dmtscravey These are the plants that once they flower, you want to consider getting some seeds from. They LOOK PHENOM!!! That is crazy grow.
Info - you can wait till about 2-3 weeks after flowering begins and get some colloidal silver (30ppm or make your own - easy to do) and dabe a few or ONE of the LOWER FLOWERS 2/3 times a day and they might give you some male flower for pollination in about 10 days. Some people leave the lower flower to produce seed and leave upper flowers as sensimilla so the potency is not affected. You will get plenty help on this site to do this
I assume these are WW Photo period right?. WW can take a lot of abuse (cutting, fimming, HST, LST, defoliation and still come back strong). One of my fav photo’s to grow as they always produce.
So be careful that not every strain will take this kind of manipulation and come back this strong

4 Likes

@mrb53004I will definitely look into that because I believe I am going to like these white widows. I was just trying to figure out how to come up with more seeds with the few dollars I have available. I am currently trying to find someone to go in on some with me because I can’t afford to invest $90 in 1 strain until I figure out which strain works best for me.

4 Likes

@dmtscravey I have some white widow regular as I intend to breed her with other strains. She’s one of my favorites and she’s practically a landrace now and is used to make amazing medicinal hybrids.

Once I get my seeds going I’d be more than happy to either send you some reg seeds or fem one of the girls and send you some to help you out with your medicinal needs.

5 Likes

That would be awesome when the time comes we will work something out Thank you for all your help and everything else. I believe I am going to turn the lights to 12/12 today So I have about 8 or 10 weeks I guess to find more seeds for my next grow.

3 Likes

I’m low on cash, too, @dmtscravey. I have my eye on a couple, so I understand. I’m with @MDBuds, I’d be happy to share, too. I have to work up to it, as well. I have a ton of non-canna seeds, too. Someone sent me ginseng seeds that I’m currently trying to find a home for, if any of y’all are interested or know anyone who is. I’m doing a disservice now by not planting them. They are good for forestry farming and there is a process in planting. Currently on the ‘at risk’ list.

2 Likes

@dmtscravey if you want to yield your lb indoor I would wait to flip just a little longer. White widow doesn’t stretch more than 100% (doubles in size) and it looks like you still have plenty of vertical space to work with. I’d give them at least another two weeks before flip myself. Maybe train the fimmed one a little too and pull the side branches down from the main colas to increase light penetration before the flower flip.

I have about two weeks left before my current grow is finished and I can start my winter grow. I can rush some seeds though with cloning like I usually do to avoid wasting too much time and nutrients on growing males I’m not going to use. I can probably have some seeds in the next 12 weeks roughly. I’ll pm you when I have them ready.

3 Likes

All right I shall wait to turn them. I like to wait longer anyway but I was afraid she would outgrow my Room. but I do have just over 4 1/2 feet of actual grow space so I should be all right. This is some fun stuff! As long as I get more than 8ozs. Off 1 plant I am still advancing and will be happy!! ( now I have to reset my timer beck Lol)

3 Likes

@dmtscravey so with your lights hanging right at the top and to leave enough space to avoid light burn I’d flip to flower when both plants are just over 1.5 feet tall so they don’t grow more than 3 feet tall. They look roughly a foot tall now.

1 Like

Here is my Bubba Kush. I just added the silver now to start to see if I can get her to produce some male genitals…

This is the base of the plant. This is where I set my colloidal silver to work
Here is the top of the plant, I made sure to not contaminate the plant anywhere other than the base I showed

5 Likes

That last purple Kush I grew said it would be 3 1/2 foot tall ended up being 5’ 6" tall Crazy plant!!

2 Likes

Can I ask you what does this to these plants this is the 3rd plant in that pot and spot that do this it’s jist like 3 or 4 leaves at a time It started out healthy so I didn’t change the dirt out I was going to completely start with new dirt and everything which is probably what I needed to do. 1 picture with the Flash on 1 with the flash off.

1 Like

@dmtscravey that looks like zinc deficiency and a ph issue. I know you don’t ph anything but I’d get a cheap kit and adjust your ph to between 6.2 and 6.5 for soil.

1 Like

@dmtscravey there’s always that one pheno that decides it wants to be a giant. :joy:

1 Like