Difference between topping and fimming

Gee Bill, that is quite a trip. I am 68, was a Network engineer, designer, supporter for the med field. I have a daughter who is BioMed getting ready to graduate next year. She is working for the water dept of LasVegas. I was 50 and married a woman almost half my age but she is catching up. I have 2 boys 8 & 12. I work from home and love it except for Covid. We all got it in September. I pulled my boys from school for a year off and I have almost lost my mind becasue of that. Now I know why school was invented, to give parents SANITY!

2 Likes

Good job DMT looking beautiful awesome

1 Like

I know it’s only been 24 hours since my last post but these plants are going crazy! In 24 hours they have grown inches and put on so many buds it’s incredible I’m beginning to love these white widows!! It looks like the zinc deficiency was coming back in so I brewed up another batch of strawberry tea and fed her and it does make a difference in 24 hours You Can Tell She’s healthier looking . 12/31/2020.

4 Likes

That is crazy how much they grew in a day! I’m also growing white widow photos, but they’re not as far along as yours.

yeah it’s pretty wild the speed at which they grow and now I just took some pictures this afternoon and the buds even have trichomes all over them now just since this morning)

3 Likes

Unreal how quickly those little sprouts showed up! Based on your current timing, you’ll be buried in snow by harvest time!

3 Likes

@dmtscravey that grow looks amazing, I’m new to indoor and started a couple autos. One of the guys on here said I needed to reach out to you about lst bc my tent is only 3’ tall.

1 Like

The girls have made it to a place where every day just a little bump and the whole room smells fabulous. I love from here on out where they just start being really aromatic.

1 Like

Hello welcome to the Forum. These white widows I’m growing were supposed to be three and a half foot tall but because of the topping they are just now reaching 24 in and they’re about done with their stretch. So that’s probably what they’re talkin about for your tall plant I pinched the top off at the 4th node and then once it grew out I tied the branches down to the outside of the pot so all the interior nodes Sprout branches and you get an even canopy I don’t know how much you know about this stuff so if I’m telling you something you already know just tell me to shut up I will post a couple photos for you to further explain what I was saying. Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you and happy growing✌

2 Likes

Here is my next update today is January 4th 2021 the plants are now 71 days old and are in full-blown stretch and flower mode. They are both doing fabulous. Last week I gave them a heavy feeding of Fox Farms tiger bloom, Big Bloom, liquid kelp and molasses

5 Likes

Just posting a couple of pics of how the buds are coming along.

5 Likes

I mean…my my. :star_struck:

1 Like

@dmtscravey

2 Likes

Now that is going to fill out real nice.

I was looking back through these pictures and you did a really good top and pruning on those plants I’ll bet they filled in nicely,how are they doing? Especially the ones in the first couple pictures.

1 Like

January 11 2021 they are looking pretty good except I burnt the one on the left with nutrients but she will make it through I am sure. Pushed her a little to far.

2 Likes

Here are pics of all the plants so far. Half are white widow clones, but the others are from seed.
I tried various versions of the techniques described to try and get some practice. Seems to be working - any comments/advice/etc is appreciated! BTW, these are 3-4 weeks into flower.

3 Likes

Bill, for just some small cloth containers, they look really good. You have good exposure on the bud sites and very decent training. Unless you want to grow in a larger container, this is just fine, let them grow. Maybe you could add some more light/s, I do not remember what you had. I added UVA/UVB along with some extra RED. It didn’t really increase production but it improved the quality of the roots and trichomes!
I noticed you are auto watering…please explain your setup

Hi @Mrb53004 - thanks for the kind comments. The bags are 1 and gallon but I’m currently trying some 3 gallon bags on a brand new grow. Tents are 32x32x60 and 24x48x60. Smaller tent has 2000W full spectrum LED light and the larger tent has two of the same. I use empty coffee cans with tap water in them to control the humidity. Watering is done with small houseplant watering systems. I use RO water in gallon jugs and the watering system does the rest. It’s set for twice a day at 2 minutes per. That allows the smaller containers to get a steady supply of water. I feed nutrients along with the watering schedule - nutrients are done once per week during early growth and almost daily during later flowering.

Also, the watering systems can be set for every 1-15 days or twice a day. Time can be set in 10 second increments up to 3 minutes. Approximately $30 on Amazon. With everything automated, I can leave for up to a week without worrying about my ladies. I have another watering unit I’m planning on using for nutrients only - then I can go away for longer, as long as my water containers are big enough!

3 Likes

That’s a really good looking grow every plant there looks really healthy and happy no off coloring or anything you’re doing a great job. Happy growing✌