Difference between topping and fimming

Thanks @MDBuds! I’ve been trying to follow everyone’s instructions on these techniques and it’s great to see actual progress.

And BTW, these plants were put into flower time on 12/15, so they’re just over two weeks into flowering. So far I’m really happy with them.

1 Like

Never grown anything but photos. Didn’t even know such a thing as autos even existed until a few years ago. Have a batch of seeds coming from HGC and there are 4 white widow autos in there. It’ll be my first attempt, but need to get my other plants finished out before (have things worked out to get a crop at the end of 2/2021, 3/2021, 4/2021 - start new seeds, etc as batches are harvested.

BTW, the pics I posted are white widow clones, white widow mother plant, gelato from seed and purple kush x white Russian from seed.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty excited I ordered seeds for my brother the other day and for doing that I got all the free seeds which is 4 Skywalker 4 Skywalker Girl Scout cookie cross and 4 gelatos and since I got all those free I will probably invest in a couple of autos and I need a couple of good CBD strains which I would actually trade some seeds for if someone wanted to do that. But I didn’t even know there was anything of an auto until a year-and-a-half ago myself and all I have ever grown are photos

2 Likes

Sounds like we have a lot in common in terms of relative age, passion for growing (and smoking!), trying new techniques, and sharing what we’ve learned,

1 Like

I agree it does sound like that. I am 58 my son’s got two years of college left and then we are going to get a bigger place out of town somewhere and continue to grow and get a bigger grow room and he doesn’t really care where we go because all of his work is already on computers and online so as long as we have a good internet hook-up he’s happy wherever.

3 Likes

Ph testers and ec testers on eBay for less than £5 to you thats I think 7 dollar they work fine works just as good as bluelab I have both brands only difference is bluelab is £80 and cheap ebay one £5

Send the link please. Don’t leave me, or others hanging. Share the knowledge…thanks

I’m not having any luck with this link malarkey just go on ebay or Amazon theirs a few different manufactures all really cheap they are under ph meter and ec meter I’ll have another’ go at sending the link

1 Like

You don’t have to send it. Copy and paste the link. See arrow.

Did you get them I sent a selection of different prices and testers and they are all as good as each other from my experience

@MDBuds I need a favor. I am building my N-P-K-Mg target and could use some of that advanced math brain you have. 100N-100P-200K-60Mg is my target

N-P-K-Mg ppm ml/US Gallon Est [email protected]
122-99-171-68 ** ** 1251

Here is what I have
N - I need to source, if possible, an organic N that will allow me to hit my target (pls rcomnd if you know)
P - I have triple superphosphate 0-46-0
K - Langbeinite 0-0-22 water soluable
my cold water solubility of the triple p is 40 g/L. I will add some citric acid, do you know how much?
My Ca will be in foliar form only
I am looking for Ml per gal of H2O

December 30 20/20 I just wanted to post a picture of the canopy of these plants they are stretching and growing marvelously. They definitely are not going to outgrow my grow space!

!

5 Likes

They are just beautiful. I almost want to paint faces on their images.

3 Likes

@dmtscravey damn man. That canopy is gorgeous. An emerald sea of buds. Soon to be covered in a generous layer of frost. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was looking at them closely today and they are just starting to get Frosty around the base of the buds at the stem and leaf, won’t be long they’ll look awesome!

2 Likes

I’ll be 61 in about three months so we’re close in age. I have two stepdaughters - one just graduated from OSU with a BS, AS, and AA degrees… Another will graduate 12/2021 with a BS and AS from OSU.

Funny thing is I’m in the same field as his. I’ve worked from a beach in Costa Rica and the Appalachian mountains. I write software (professionally since 1981). Also an EE with various patents, etc. Been writing medical software for about 37+ years. Also been working exclusively from home for over 7 years. It’s nice to work from home, help people pay their medical bills, and tend to my ladies. Does anyone who’s not retired have a better gig?! Although I’m “schooled” in electrical engineering, software was a hobby. Read a book and have since been writing software professionally for 37+ years. It’s been one hell of a ride, but lots of grief in between - two wives a father and a step father have passed away in my short lifetime. I went ten years younger this time in terms of my wife so hopefully we don’t outlast each other by too long!!

1 Like

Is an RH of 35 to 45% all right for these white widows in flower?

1 Like

@dmtscravey yeah that’s fine. I try not to go over 40% to reduce mold risk and lower rh around 30% actually increases trichome production in the last few weeks of flower.

Okay cool because it mostly rides right at 34% plus or minus one degree.

1 Like

@dmtscravey you should be good then. The buds won’t swell as much with lower humidity but they’ll definitely get frosty and potent. Another benefit is they will take a little less time to dry. Lol

1 Like