Darkheart's Danktuary

@Adcrag @Rye

That is a froggy humidifier. He works great!

4 Likes

Heā€™s cute, Iā€™ll have to find one.

3 Likes

Yessss, things are going ok!!

3 Likes

I am just in awe of the wonderful photos and passion you all have in your growing and gardening. Beautiful results Ladies and Gents! Looking VERY dank and Delish in the Danktuary! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you and pardon my absence. Iā€™ve had a grueling week.
I had time to like a few posts but no real time to answer any of them.

6 Likes

Hey yā€™all.
Hope you and your loved ones are doing well and staying as positive as you can.

I transplanted the other veg plants and they doing well.

I also had to supercrop my Sexxpot plant. She got to be 6ā€™ and my ceilings in the grow room are 7ā€™. The first sign of light stress and I had to fold her over. I really wanted a nice main cola on her.
I will make a note in my grow log that Sexxpot easily doubles in sizeā€¦donā€™t let this plant get past 1.5ā€™ before flipping to flower.
Iā€™ve never run her before and for some stupid reason I expected a smaller plant.

Sheā€™s a good healthy looking tree.

I may need to give her a slight feed increase. I noticed some yellowing at the bottom of the plant.
I donā€™t use a schedule with my nutes. I feed and watch how the plant responds. I donā€™t test ppms or anything. I start at 1 gr/gal and go up as the plant demands.

GG#4 needs a flush. I never did it and can see a salt buildup on the soil and a few cruddy leaves. Iā€™ll be doing that in a few days immediately followed by a feeding.

She is 4 weeks since budset.

10 Likes

For some reason Iā€™m having difficulties uploading my pics this morning.
I will have to try again later today.

Edit: upload issue fixed.

2 Likes

@Darkheart420 -
Looking good in the Danktuary!

Grueling week here too! :v:

2 Likes

My difficult part is over so Iā€™m going to decompress.
I find a lot of relaxation baking edibles and even more so directly after sampling. :grin:

Iā€™m a really good cook, have worked in some really fast paced kitchens but Iā€™ve only dabbled in baking up until now.

I should also start exercising more. Are they connected? Hmmmā€¦possibly. :rofl:

5 Likes

My Kalashnikov is a grow that Iā€™m doing with one of my mentors. He decided that we should quadline.

That was interesting. I usually let my plants go natural if possible. Heā€™s purposely trying to take me outside my comfort zone. Iā€™m sure itā€™s entertaining for him.
I did keep her top to clone. Letā€™s see how many days it takes for her cutting to produce roots. I would expect it to take a little longer due to the concentration of auxins toward the top of the plant.
My guess is 2-3 weeks.

4 Likes

@Darkheart420 looking good man. Itā€™s always good to get out of your comfort zone and learn something new. Itā€™s why for my winter grow Iā€™m experimenting with hand fed hyrdo along with my soil.

Yeah. Auxins donā€™t like the light and usually hide on the dark side of the plant or near the roots. If you want to help stimulate more auxins for faster rooting salicylic acid is great. Aloe vera gel or fresh aloe vera is what I prefer myself.

Tops always take so long I start worrying around week 2 that they arenā€™t going to root. :joy:

1 Like

To get roots on the top your cloning.
A week with klonex dip for me.
And your plant is way healthier.

1 Like

I was thinking specifically about indole acetic acid found in the meristem.
Iā€™m quite tired and about five tokes over the line. Sorry for being vague. I believe IAA is the main ingredient in the synthetic pgrs.

I used to use aspirin for the salycylic acid or make my own rooting hormone out of willow bark.

So what kind of passive hydro are you doing?

Hi @Daleb1

I decided to forgo all of the extras long ago. I get great results with a simple cup of perlite and some plain tap water.

This is how I learned to take clones while growing in hempy buckets. I have only lost one clone so far and Iā€™m blaming that one on my dog.

Thanks for checking out the Danktuary.

2 Likes

Just hand fed hydro in coco. Want to test out the vegamatrix and it recommends using in hydro. I donā€™t want to drop the cash to put together a dwc system so coco hyrdo it is. Iā€™m testing it against natureā€™s living soil, earth juice, and my own super soil. Should be fun.

3 Likes

Youā€™ll get some great quick growth in coco.
I donā€™t have the time to water everyday so thatā€™s why I go with perlite hempy if I do Hydro.
Having that couple inches of reservoir really helps.

I havenā€™t done coco yet. I expect thatā€™s another avenue to explore. It is good to be able to be a flexible grower in this world of shortages.

Iā€™ve gone to the store and they have 50 bales of Pro Mix. I go back in two days to get more and itā€™s already gone. Itā€™s a 2 week wait for more.

Iā€™m only slightly hoarding some now.

3 Likes

I just started growing again this year seriously inside .
Cloning is something I messed around with 30 years ago not to succefully. But I hang and mist my cutting and they do alright. In old days I used root hormones in powder form. But this gel kicks the tar out of that.
Had my dog eat the roots off a auto and was able to reroot the plant with a massive root system in week.
Saved that plant and that dog.

5 Likes

Lucky dog!
Mine killed one of my clones but it wasnā€™t really his fault. His fur is so fine and soft that it picks up anything that it touches. Hes like a walking dust mop.
He walked next to my clone area and brushed one of them with his fur. I found the wilted clone stuck to him later on.
I have since made it impossible for that to happen again.

2 Likes

The family sat around one evening, puffing away. We left a bag (almost full oz) of Acapulco Gold sitting on the coffee table,closed. When we got up in the morning, we could not find it. We searched everywhere. We thought - gee, we were so ripped we canā€™t remember where we put it. The search began, high and low, for that beautiful bag of glorious gold. We just couldnā€™t find it. Over in the corner,the dog sat, and never really moved. We did not think it unusual till around the third day. She finally got up, went outside, took a crap and there was the remnants of the plastic bag. 3 daysā€¦and resurrected. She must have been having a religious moment.

7 Likes

Lol. I had a Doberman that did the same thing. The only thing that moved on that dog was his eyes. He didnā€™t move his body for a day and a half.

The Weimeraner that I had later on actually brought me a bag that I had misplaced. Sheā€™s was an angel of a dog.

6 Likes