Darkheart's Danktuary

I still haven’t cut her down. I’m either really struggling with this or just being a lazy ass. Not sure which. :joy:
I’ll do it soon.

I plan to juice her leaves. I add it to smoothies.
I’m full up on oils and such already. So I’ll go the whole plant therapy route.
I do have five more seeds so perhaps I’ll come up with a worthwhile phenotype yet.
I had a slight equipment failure and I’m now reading product reviews for a new humidifier.
My rh in the 2x2 is 22%.
Not great for my early veg plants. It should be in the 70s.

A friend of mine just harvested a Bubba’s Gift. It was a beauty. Good luck with your new girls.

3 Likes

Managed to fix my humidifier. It had some corroded wires inside. I simply had to shorten them a tiny bit. Easy fix.

Way better than shelling out another $60.

My Sexxpot has been enjoying the extra space in the closet. She fills it out quite well on her own.

Hope y’all are having a good Sunday.

7 Likes

If you like carnivorous plants, you may want to check out pitcher plants…this is mine, it has grown to over 5’ long and is pretty cool.

11 Likes

Nepenthes var. A? (spelled??)
I was looking at those a few weeks back.
Would love one but don’t know if I have room for something spectacular as that.
I may need to stay with the smaller sarracenia and sun dews, perhaps a flytrap or something like that.

Thanks for sharing the pic. It’s beautiful.

2 Likes

I am able to grow it outside, hanging on my front porch until winter comes, then it’s inside for about 7 months. They are interesting plants :). As for the variety…I don’t have a clue, it’s a few years old. Glad you enjoyed seeing the pic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm…
@Kris
Sounds like we experience the same seasonal changes.
Do you hang it in a sunny window or do you use supplemental lighting?
I’m not short on lighting. Just don’t have a very big place.

1 Like

GG#4 has some nice budlets.

And the little girls are doing pretty good. I did drop another Peyote WiFi.

I was talking to a few other growers and they are having similar issues with this strain. Mutants and empty seeds…a few decent looking plants. I’m just gonna run her and see what comes of the new seed. It is a brand new strain and we are pretty much beta testing it.
I’m not upset, but then again I don’t pay for them.
If I purchased these seeds I would expect a refund. The company would honor that without a problem. Would still be inconvenient and has the potential to mess up a perpetual grow timeline.
I have enough plants in my clone area that it wouldn’t be a problem for me.
Other than that the garden is doing ok. I may flush the Sexxpot and GG#4. They are starting to show some minor leaf issues.
The last batch of Mega Crop I bought was a new formula. They turned around and changed it again within 6 months time due to solubility issues.
Sure wish that I wouldn’t have bought 22# of the stuff.
I may need to return it. If they aren’t happy with it , why should I be? My plants just don’t look as good this round and I’m getting a build up that I didn’t have with the previous formula.
It’s kinda frustrating.
There you have it. The quick and dirty of the Danktuary.

Hope y’all are safe and happy with flourishing gardens.
Thanks for stopping by.

4 Likes

I have a room with lots of windows, I hang it in there. I also give it dried blood worms periodically in some of the pitchers. My husband will feed it small bugs he finds.

3 Likes

Awesome looking carnivorous plants. :sunny:

2 Likes

Hope y’all are doing well and your gardens are thriving.

I have a small update of the Danktuary.
I have my veg plants first.
Kalashnikov looks picture perfect. I’m gonna top her in the next few days. I usually leave my plants natural but I’m dealing with height restrictions. My 2x2 is only 5’ tall. She will be transplanted as soon as she’s drinking all of her nutes in about a days time. She is at about a day and a half right now.

The Peyote forum is ready to transplant. I’ll do that tomorrow morning. I set some water out with some BTI bits. No gnats for me thanks!

The little mutant. Peyote WiFi is actually starting to resemble a cannabis plant. I tried to start a few new seeds but this must have been a really bad batch. I had one crumble between my fingers. I got one to sprout a tail but it stalled out and died on me. The tail almost looked mushy.

These veg plants are all on the same dose of 3gr/gal of Mega Crop with a 3mls/ gal of Purpinator.
My flowering girls are doing nicely. GG4 is stacking and sparkling. She’s 23 days since pistils.

She is on 5 gr/gal MC and 6 ml/gal Purp.
My Sexxpot is on the same dosage as the GG4.
Looks like she’s budding up pretty good. She’s is at 8 days since pistils.

I also started a Sexxpot clone just before pistils. She took about 10-12 days to root.
I keep it simple. No domes and no complex equipment. I use a cup of perlite and some tap water. Once the water is gone and she starts to droop, I give her more. 10-14 days later I have roots

Think she’s gonna be a good mother plant.

There it is folks. Thanks for coming over and checking my grow out.

9 Likes

Looking dank in the Danktuary, @Darkheart420 :+1:

2 Likes

Man I’ve said it before, GOALS.

2 Likes

Amazing!!! @Darkheart420 your grows are really something . I’m a 1st time grower, and I like how you cloned your clipping in Perlite. May try cloning one day.

These are my girls - WW auto about 4 weeks in flower

GDP photo is 48 days from sprouting

Have a great weekend

3 Likes

LOL…I know I shouldn’t be envious…but I am! They look great!

1 Like

@Khatru @Rye @Kris

Thank you. I do appreciate the warm welcome y’all have given me.
:peace_symbol:

@Adcrag
Your WWa are lovely. You are doing quite well for a first timer.
They look very healthy and well looked after. Congrats. You are doing a fantastic job!

4 Likes

Gave my Peyote Forum a three gallon and should have her flipped in a few days.

Hope y’all have a great weekend.

6 Likes

Thanks, I feel like a Mom waiting to deliver LOL.

Have a good weekend

2 Likes

Luv the frog. What’s its job lol.

4 Likes

No really is that a humidifier frog?

2 Likes

Yes! The anticipation of the first harvest.
I remember it well.
I was sure I was going to mess it up at the end.
Everything turned out ok, much to my surprise.

I’m sure your first harvest will be great too.
The pride that you get from growing your meds can’t be beat!

4 Likes