Darkheart's Danktuary

@Darkheart420 absolutely stunning. You have your mix dialed in perfect now. I can’t see a single nutrient issue. You’re definitely a talented cultivator.

4 Likes

@Darkheart420 I Agree - that is perfection you got going on in there. Nutrients, environment (temps /Rh /air/etc.). What height do you have this new light at? Full strength or still building? @kmac03 - this is something that would pop with your art work.

1 Like

Dang. I tried to do the name by memory but I …
Canna remember everything.:rofl:

I with you on the hibernation. I’m just trying to stop from being too lazy and gaining weight. It’s hard since it’s casserole season.

2 Likes

I appreciate the lovely complement. I’m still very much in the learning stages. I just try to be attentive and proactive.
Still searching for my grow style. Then again maybe my style isn’t static and always evolving?

I have some plans to do some comparative growing with some clones. A little pheno hunting with regs and I will be seed making some time this year. I’ll probably go the STS reversal route. I have the opportunity for some one on one lessons with my mentor. I would be a fool to refuse his help.

3 Likes

@Darkheart420 I’ve been growing for 20 years and I’m still always learning and evolving as well. Granted I’m fairly new to indoor and my indoor style is still way to influenced by outdoor growing. I still try to walk in my tent and walk around my plants instead of taking them out when I work with them. :joy:

Never stop learning and I hope your breeding projects and your time with your mentor goes well.

4 Likes

The Nextlight has a dimmer but I haven’t needed it. It works exactly how the rep said it would. The specs say to allow 18"-8" from the boards in flower. This is dependant on many things I think. Cultivar being foremost.
My Kalashy is 15" from the light. Temps are 77°f-67° and rh is at 50-55%. I try to adhere to VPD charts as much as possible. I honestly think it makes a big difference in how the plant can uptake nutrients.

2 Likes

:rofl: That’s too funny. Old habits die hard and all that.

I can’t do the outdoors here. Not a friendly place for such things.

2 Likes

Wow what a wonderful looking plant you can tell she is very happy and loved great job. I think my growing style is dependent upon each plant that I’m growing so yes ever evolving also.

2 Likes

@Darkheart420 have you been using the geoflora bloom on these the whole 25 days. I have been debating going with it. If you are using geoflora bloom on those i might have just made up my mind. I have 7 to 10 days to flip so i have to decide pretty quick.

Hi Jared.

I am using the Geoflora on the Green Crack plant. The one that is in flower (Kalashnikov) is using Mega Crop with Bud Explosion, Sweet Candy ( all by Greenleaf Nutrients) with some cal-mag. I use Sensi Xtra (4-0-0). I’m fazing out those nutrients from my garden right now. It’s supposed to be a one part feed and it is failing to be ,so I have to use the other products to make it work. They have since corrected their formula and its back to being a one part mix. It is really cheap and easy to use. Grows great plants.You just weigh it, mix and water. Watch your plant for cues to increase feeding. I believe they still have cheap sample packs.
Most don’t need to pH if used in soil or Pro Mix. Hydro still plays by hydro rules.

I wanted to try something different for the future. I’ve always wanted to try organic growing and up until now have been using exclusively salt based nutrients.
I just gave the Green Crack her last top dressing of the veg formula. I’ll flip her in a week and let her use that up the rest in the first week of flower. The next feeding after that will be the bloom formula.
My care of the Green Crack involves setting an alarm to feed every two weeks, checking light distance and making sure she is evenly moist. I just check daily and use my sprayer to lightly mist if I need to. This could be a great product for busy or new growers.
If a person would set up an auto water system they would hardly have to do anything at all.
I think they are currently out of stock but Geoflora usually offers a sample pack of their products for the price of shipping. I bag of each , veg and bloom in the 4 lb bag. That’s enough for a decent grow of three or four plants…maybe more. It seems to go a very long way. I’ll know more after I’ve used it for a few grows.
I’ve been talking to their rep trying to gleen extra info since it’s a newer product. I haven’t seen many grows with it as the main nutrient. The ones that I have seen are using it with highly amended soil. I’m using it with straight Pro Mix as I was assured by the rep that it would work great in that medium. I’m not using any extra amendments. I want to see what it does as a stand alone product. I will eventually be using Purpinator with it along with another product that Geoflora just sent me to test called Earth Alive Soil Activator. It’s a mixture of two bacillus strains along with a pseudonomas strain of microorganisms. The mycos will solubilize phosphorus and fix atmospheric nitrogen. It’s applied like any other mycos product at transplant.

1 Like

Thank you.
I do have certain strains that I will train differently depending upon which grow space I’m using.
I can have really tall plants in my closet but my Mars Hydro 2.5x2.5 tent is limited.

2 Likes

@Kris what strain is that pitcher plant?

1 Like

Oh geeze…I’m sorry, I really don’t have a clue!

Thats ok after i asked i finished the thread and saw you did not know. I was going to delete the question but thought you might have found out since then.

1 Like

Jared…Yahoo! I usually keep the information when I purchase plants and keep the plant tabs in a big plastic bag in the garage…I was too lazy to look for it before, but here it is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. I really liked you ours it looked so healthy.

1 Like

@Darkheart420 do you have an update on how the geoflora is working out?

1 Like

My apologies for not answering sooner.

I was locked out of the forum for some reason. Even the links sent via email wouldn’t let me in.
Said that I couldn’t link in from my IP address. Makes no sense that this time would work.

The GeoFlora is working well.
Green Crack is just a week or so away from harvest.
The Charlotte’s Web is turning out much nicer than the first.
I do use TPS organic 0-0-0 cal mag with every watering. The GeoFlora has been really easy to use. I just need the cal-mag with the strong LEDs that I have.
I would post pics but it says my files are too big.
Wants me to share to a cloud service and the post them from that. I won’t be doing that.

I’ll try to figure it out on my end.

1 Like

Yea the forum has been doing that to lots of people lately. The picture part that is. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Uploading: IMG_20210304_102925791.jpg…

1 Like