Currently adding in photos to my perpetual grow

I do perpetual grows with autos and harvest 2-3 plants a month. I am currently trying to add in photos as I have bought another tent, just to get some photo experience. I have seeds and didn’t want to waste them, and I am growing autos well enough to compete with commercial grows coming in from other states. Gives me confidence that I am gonna kill photos if I can kill autos like I am atm. Any feedback or anyone else kind of doing the same thing let me know.

1 Like

You will like photo’s you have time to grow them to the size you want before flip! They also can be cloned. Its a different game but you should be okay. Set to watching

2 Likes

Going strong at week 8 of veg

3 Likes

At what height are you planning to flip her? You appear to have room to go up and out:

Don’t know yet may not be a height may be a time thing. I have tons of room…this tent is for photos only but I am only growing one atm. There is an auto in there with her.

1 Like

Try clipping a lower Node lightly scrap bottom of stem. Cut diagonally when removing node put in water. Coat the stem with rooting nute and stick into Soil in a cup: Dome the Cup for Humidity. Mist a couple times a day. 7-10 days she should have roots!

this is my (2) clippings day 4

2 Likes

dome off :yin_yang:

2 Likes

I actually broke one of my main nodes off on accident the other night…I am messing around with it atm.

1 Like

That will work too, did you get more than (1) from the accident? Moist Soil humidity chamber all you need :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

No and it truly was…I had topped once originally so it was one of the two main colas. I was just giving her a shower…I like to mist my plants. I was just kind of pulling and pushing aside as I misted an whoops. Momma had a baby and it’s head popped off… like a dandylion. So we will see what happens. I have no cloning gel or anything at the moment…stuck it in a shot glass with water. It is still alive and vibrant and drinking but I know I need to revitalize the rooting so maybe this weekend. Like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV …“If she dies…she dies” image

2 Likes

I have rooting powder and rootzilla. But i didn’t use either: they will grow if you put them directly into soil. :ballot_box_with_check: Put some Soil in a clear cup with drain holes. Put the clipping in the soil drop that clear cup into a colored cup and dome it for humidity. :100:

1 Like

Ok Hans, i only mentioned drain holes :nerd_face: i was referring to scraping the stem, diagonal cut, rooting gel or cloner which i also have. My point was you could make it complicated that works, or simplistic which also works! Again those clipping were a by product of me lolli popping my plants before flip: other wise would have been put in compost bin! So after i get a sample of each plant to preserve the genetics the rest are just fun for me! Either way they go is fine with me: just trying to preserve the genetics until i can make another run on the House! :100: @HansGruber @Rusty :yin_yang::100::ballot_box_with_check::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

I’m picking up what ya laying d o w n.

1 Like

Autos are simple. Photos are much more involved.

1 Like

I’ll take your word for it :nerd_face: i started out with photo fem to learn more about the plant stages and how to read the plant: then picked up cloning as part of LST, topping, fem, monster crop, ect the auto’s i have tried were free! Might have been the problem. Auto’s weren’t so popular back then: :yin_yang:

The clone is the one in the back, she is doing ok, but soil may be a bit hot for her as she has some serious tip burn going on. Odd since the seedlings are in the same soil…and defoliated my big girl…gonna flip her next week maybe. She is currently on week 10 of veg.

3 Likes

Whats her genetics? Doubt the soil is to hot the clones are already past the seedling stage! 10 weeks from pop?

yeah 10 from pop, she is Blue Gelato #41 from barneys farm, I ordered 9 seeds instead of 3 on accident so I will be growing quite a few. Yeah it is weird the clone is showing burn, not sure why. I may not have cut that soil like I did with the seedlings…ah well she is still alive so we will keep on keeping on

2 Likes

Could be drying due to moisture intake remember she doesn’t have roots like the seedlings: also just to note: clones don’t grow tap roots! Only seeds do! :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

It isn’t drying it is healthy, just tip burn. And by now it should have roots…roots should form between 7-10 days after re-planting. Clones grow roots and that is what I was referring to, if I said tap root oh well I don’t have much time to get on here and respond to everything so if I accidentally mistype something please don’t correct me because you know what I meant. TY!!

1 Like