Cannabis & Creativity

So when its time to harvest what is the purpose of letting them sit in the dark and for how long??

1 Like

@Hippy1978 bro, i’m so High if i try to explain i’ll make an even bigger ass outa myself :laughing: i just caught me staring at my phone so in cases like this i point people to The Wizard of Oz --> @MDBuds Help!

3 Likes

Lol I hear that @DollarBill my bags were to to be here today never showed up, but then again I don’t have any dry ice either!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@Hippy1978 bro, you can dry sift without dry ice. Just don’t overshake or screen to far and only until you see a light dust puff up. That first Pristine Shake is Sugar Wax material. Heavy Dust Puff you went to far. Or shake the screen instead of Carding it for Sugar Chomes. keep the plant matter out of Sugar Wax most everything comes after that except maybe High Grade Distilates like Good Prerolls are air brushed with. i’m Skunk Dusted High hope i helped cuz i’m off to bed. one thing, it takes a Lot of Bud to get the best 36369

2 Likes

Ok bro, thanks have a good night my friend @

3 Likes

@Hippy1978 @DollarBill the purpose of dark time is to let the plant respire and use up its starch and nutrient stores before drying and curing so the bud isn’t as harsh after drying and takes less time to cure. It also helps preserve the terpenes and it evenly distributes the auxins through the plant which slightly increases potency and terpene levels.

It takes easily a week or two off of dry and cure time. For example instead of needing to wait 4 weeks to cure after dry it’s smokable after 2. Just as soon as the grassy smell is gone and it has the bud smell back. This is just a basic example seeing as proper humidity and temperature have a huge impact as well and I personally slow dry and cure my buds even after dark time.

5 Likes

@Hippy1978 the time is 24 to 72 hours. Dealers choice. I personally do 48 and then pull it up by the roots so the plant continues to respire and exudate in the dark until it dies.

3 Likes

@MDBuds Thank You :fist_right::fist_left: Tent #1

Seed Tent

2 Likes

Cool yeah I wasn’t to sure, what I have been drying I’ve kept the humidity around 55 an Temps been around 60, thanks for the info greatly appreciate it

4 Likes

@Hippy1978 @Khatru @kmac03 @Kimmyann253 @MDBuds @dmtscravey @Mrb53004 @Adcrag @Kimmyann253 :v::laughing: LED Baby hahahahaha Vqvk1gh

4 Likes

Hahahaha! What planet are you on? It’ll be a bit before I can join you, but alas, then you’ll just disappear, as usual. :wink:

3 Likes

@kmac03 i fell from Jupiter :stars:

:earth_asia: Think i Sorta like it here

3 Likes

@Khatru check this link :v: Are these hermies?

3 Likes

@kmac03 you should taste the Moon Rocks on one of Jupiters Moons hahahahaha

2 Likes

I would love to one day. :v:t2:

1 Like

The sunlight shines differently where you are. :star_struck:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I love this @kmac03 !

2 Likes

Why, thank you! :dancer:t2:

2 Likes