Building a canopy?

First question using Blue Dream and GDP and lights at 42 watt per sq ft, 5 gallon buckets of FF OF. How many buds shood i be shooting for per sq ft of canopy? And how many buds per plant. They are 4 weeks old now just got there second topping. This is actually the best looking one but the others are close.

Should I stick with the 12 top bud sites and trim the lower ones off or push for another round of topping?

1 Like

Sorry about the picture just cant seem to get the shadow bars out under the grow lights.

@Jared do you plan to scrog or lst? What size is your tent?

I was really hoping to just do a light LST to open it up a little being as i managed to keep a lot of bud sights on top 12 on most of the plants. I really like pulling my plants and putting them on a table to work on them.

@MDBuds they are in a 600 sq ft grow room under 4 ft lights set up in 4x8 ft beds.

1 Like

@Jared oh man. That’s a lot of space to work with. Living soil or soil and liquid nutrients? I know you’re using FFOF but did you amend with Sohum or Nature’s Living Soil for a seed to harvest soil or are you using a nutrient system?

a picture from a couple days ago.

6 Likes

Hope you don’t mind. I just called them the Rockettes. :dancer:t2:

3 Likes

So far FF OF with kelp+molasses and 2 teaspoons of greensand mixed in around the edges. Have not really decided on what to do once i go to flower. Probably use an FF dry amendment plus a tea or two between now and flower.

2 Likes

Ok. So each plant can have roughly 3 square feet of space so you can bush them out quite a bit. If you already topped twice for 4 main tops I would just fim and then do some LST around the buckets to let them bush out. You can get 8 to 16 tops each plant depending on how well you fimmed. That should give you a decent yield and still allow you to work with them.

4 Likes

Sweet i can get 16 easy should i trim out all the other inside bud sights while they are young or wait until right before flower? @

1 Like

@Jared I’d wait until right before the flower flip so you can let your training do its magic and bush everything out.

1 Like

I like the room around your setup it would be nice to be able to get all the way around the plants with no problems. Good-looking grow @Jared

5 Likes

We had an empty garage to start with. We never parked in it just used it for storage.

4 Likes

You were just planning for the future. :star_struck:

3 Likes

@kmac03 when my daughter came to me and asked to go partners in a weed farm I was like ok but where. She was like I have an extra garage dad. So I did the reserch and quick math and everything looked doable. 6 months later and twice as expensive as i figured (i was using pre covid material prices) we finaly got our permits in and started growing. I never figured there could be so much work involved in converting a garage to a growroom.

7 Likes

I love that y’all are doing it together. Look at the progress you have made since you started. I’m enjoying watching.

3 Likes

Great set up sir. That’s planning for the future there. Tons of room to work with, easy to move plants as needed. And while a larger volume of air takes more to cool/heat/humidify it’s so much more stable, therefore easier to dial in.

4 Likes

I am hoping to have 60 plants in flower at a time once I get everything dialed in. We will see there is a lot higher learning curve here than I thought.

4 Likes

As long as inspection passes, you are golden. It can be stressful up to that point for sure. The bonus is you aren’t working with an entire crew of people. That can be a headache.

3 Likes