Building a canopy?

No inspections out here in the mountains.

2 Likes

One of the best things of not living in city. That and the lack of sirens, gunshots, and drag races.

2 Likes

We still get the gun shots out here we just get to shoot back.

4 Likes

I should have amended to gunshots outside of hunting, target practice. Also, I understand your meaning.

2 Likes

Oh, and we can shoot back here, too. :v: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Looks good. Might think about moving the light closer

2 Likes

Thats a good question. How long before going to flower do you start moving lights closer to your plants. Have them at 28 in now. Vertical growth is at about an inch a day but they are really bushing out.

Man I’m jealous. I would love to grow outside a tent, but I can’t create total darkness. Your girls are wonderful :heart::heart:

2 Likes

If you put the plants on planters with wheels or if you make darkboxes (I use cardboard boxes and duct tape and make boxes large enough to cover the plant all the way down to the ground, you can achieve ttl darkness. It is harder with photo period plants as they grow so much bigger but you train them and go BUSH style.

3 Likes

2 weeks since light flip

before and after nets were put up.

4 Likes

Wow…what a beautiful sight…Makes you wish you could float on top of it…suspended in all your glory

2 Likes

Jared, this is so satisfying to my eyes. :heart_eyes: Then you go look at mine and it’s like craziness all around, the kids are going wild and out of control. Haha! I’ll come back here when I want to feel like I need beautifully symmetries and less chaos. :spider_web: :butterfly: :honeybee:

1 Like

You can tell he has no kids at home!!!

2 Likes

A lot of hours went into building those canopies. Some of the stalks are topped 5 times.

2 Likes

Hahaha! Then what’s my excuse? I don’t have kids at home, except me. :rofl:

Lol the kids all have medical permits and help.

1 Like

Jared looks like you’re doing great, when I first saw your set up it looked like the lights were too high from the plants, led’s during growing is cooler and can be closer. Tune in on the soil and you won’t need to pinch.

1 Like

Those are custom cob led 450 watt lights pushing 1200 ppdf at 16 in. I was scared to lower them to early. Now that I am 6 weeks into flower we are keeping them around 12 in.

1 Like

These lights do not have drivers. Just the cobs a heat sink and 2 fans. They definitely run hotter than the mars hydro tsl 2000s we have. The top buds under both lights seem to be about the same but the lower ones under the cob lights seem to be doing better. Also the plants under the cobs colas all grow straight up regardless if they are directly under a light. The colas lean towards the leds under mars hydro lights at 12 in. I dont know if they will produce different (and truely did not document good enough) oz per sq meter or quality as there are to many variables even in the same grow room.

1 Like