Bruce Banner Fast Version /winter indoor grow

Last year I purchased 4 BBFV seeds. I vary my germinating process from Homegrown’s only by giving it a 24 hr bath, then right into the paper towels. Bath 1/15/22, paper 16 & 17, then 2" pot with seed starting soil, popped up 1/19/22. I transplanted it into a halfway filled 1gal plastic pot 1/27/22. I am using Fox Farms Happy Frog soil amended with a couple of hand scoops of earthworm castings. I am using Viparworks Par 1200 Pro led lights at 60%, 15" from the top of the pot. My lights are currently on 16.5 hrs. Temps are 62f at night and 68f. RH 30-40.

4 Likes

@Darodguy Welcome to HG Forum :wave: shoot us a photo ever week or so, we can watch your BB plants go. Happy Grow

2 Likes

I’m new to this. Photos will come when I learn how to post them. Thanks for the welcome Bill. For now, I will just have to use my words. The third pair of fan leaves are emerging. looks like 5 pointers. I’m calling her Alice, like in that Elton song. Bruce is just such a masculine name.

3 Likes

All the young girls love Alice
Tender young Alice they say!

When you are posting (if using a computer at least not a phone) hover your mouse over the icons above where you type, the 7th one (of mountains) is upload pics. They have to be under 4mb size, so crop them if they are a bit over.

And Welcome! Lots to learn, see and then do here! You got that last part going on already!

4 Likes

@Darodguy if on a smart phone it’s best to take your photos first Then edit those photos in your photo gallery with the Pencil or some just say Edit. it’s under 4 or 3:4 to post here. Underneath this there’s a photo linker also a computer linker. photo is for phone and takes you to your gallery of photos you’ve taken. Hope i helped, i don’t know though. been smoking GG#4 Moon Rocks for fun stuff . my left eye keeps trying to look at my right one :v::laughing: LoL20220106_090649

3 Likes

Come over and see me,
Come over and please me,
Alice be my friend today.
I didn’t know that anyone would get that reference.
I haven’t mentioned anything about my growing style or expectations for this grow. I am only growing for my own use, so I will not be emphasizing quantity, rather a quality product. This will be the first fully indoor grow for me since 1989. Last year I grew 3 plants from seed, one guerilla (Homegrown freebee Gelato), Blue Dream Auto from another seed supply, and one other from a seed that came out of a bud that I got from a guy. That one is a mystery cultivar. I said we could call her M, and my wife said “Nice to meet you Emma”; we had just seen a Bond film.

3 Likes

@Darodguy we are of the same gen-gen-generation (ok, name that one-word reference!). I too had to give up growing indoors back in…'91?

Two Alice-related references for you, guess who…

1. She asked me why the singer’s name was Alice
  2. Go ask Alice, I think she knows

And I thot Emma was an Avenger, not a Bond girl!

2 Likes

There is something wrong with my computer. Ever since windows 10 invaded it I’ve had had problems accessing Photos and Music. It might be time to get a new one. My eyes are crossed and may never uncross.
The 3rd set of leaves are showing nicely. Alice is happy in her new home.
Growing now is different from when I used to grow, 1978 thru '89. We didn’t have seed banks to order from like HCC. Selecting cultivars can be a daunting task. We didn’t have fem or auto seeds to choose from. Nor did we have the info available. I got a growing guide by Ed Rosenthal which taught me a lot, but a lot of things we just didn’y know about. I never harvested an entire plant all at once. LST we learned about by just trying to control the growth for better exposer to light. Lights were much more limited; you had incandescent. HP, and fluorescent. I had the latter. We didn’t know about using only water before harvesting.

2 Likes

Skyfall was the reference, when James brings M to his childhood estate he introduces M to the caretaker as M, he replies “Nice to meet you Emma”.
Is 1 Petty and 2 Jefferson Airplane?

1 Like

Correct on 2, White Rabbit. First one was Be My Lover by Alice Cooper (Killers, 1971)

I like Bond, but must admit I haven’t seen many after Connery. Once I retire I’ll have a Bond week, first to last blitz.

2 Likes

@spudgunner LMAO! a Bond Week :laughing: i been retired so long i’m already on the hard stuff, John Wayne Again and the Masked Man

1 Like

“Have Gun Will Travel” and “Maverick” are my faves.
I just checked Alice, she is having a growth spurt. There is room between the sets of leaves. This is exciting! I will be topping above the fourth or fifth node. I only have so much room to grow in. I have taken over 25% of a 6’ x 2’ closet, which is 24"x 18" and the pot sits on a milk crate so I don’t have to bend over so far. I have a bad back and lifting a heavy 5 gal pot might tweak my back. Yes, I’m a geezer. Living can be tough, but it beats the alternative, so far at least.

3 Likes

Meet Alice

5 Likes

Now I can claim that I have at least one foot in the 21st century!

1 Like

Curious,why did you only fill your pot half full?? Is it because of the weight or because that’s all your auto needs…

1 Like

Neither, it is habit. Growing in the old days, I mostly grew cuttings. I didn’t have to worry about the sex of the plant and we didn’t have these fabulous seed banks to order from (like HGC), and once you got a great strain you wanted to keep it going. I like to re-pot slightly larger.
In this case I have a limited growing area and I am planning on a short veg time. When I am ready to flip, I will pull the plant out and put more soil in the pot, filling it a day or two before flip. The plant, Alice, will think “It is time to start flowering” and the roots will say, “Yeah, we got more room and fresh nutes.” I like to keep my girls happy. I’ve done some math and I think there’s a good chance I can harvest on or around 420. You gotta have fun with it after all. Thanks for the interest Wildbill. I’m not saying the way I grow is THE WAY, but it works for me.

3 Likes

Alice 19 days from pop. 23 days from bath. When do you guys start the clock? from the germination process, when the seedling emerges, from the first fan leaves? I don’t know.
I made a couple of adjustments: lights from 70-80%, one click on the hanging ratchet, and 1/2 hr onto the time bringing it up to 17 hrs.
My girl looks happy.

5 Likes

Alice has her 4th set of leaves and new branches are growing out of all the nodes. She is also sticking her nose up above the edge of the pot, topping soon. Yesterday I replaced the 6300K cfl 23 watt drop down light with a 16 watt 5000 Kelvin led. I like to amend my main light with drop downs. I believe that extra lumens won’t hurt and I can tailor the lighting to fit the cycle of the plant. When I flip to flower, the 5000 K will be replaced with a 25 watt 3000 K. I also have a second drop fixture which I will use the last 3 or 4 weeks to pulse with UV. This is a totally indoor grow and I like to give my girls a little tan (no sunscreen though). I like to put my plants outside in the direct sun on nice days for anywhere from 1 to 7 hours weather permitting during the late part of flowering. I can’t do that in winter, though. I feel that the UV rays help with the terp profile.

1 Like

“There’s nothing like the smell of terps on the morning.”

Name that movie.

But seriously, right when the morning sun beam hits em and they start praying. Aromatherapy. I hear you on the UV. @MDBuds has done a lot of research and experimenting w the UV. I think the best point he had was pest management. But there’s definitely something to the terps too.:+1:

4 Likes

@Noddykitty It is a take-off from Patton, But my final answer is Pineapple Express. Just a guess!

1 Like