AeroGarden Grow - 5 weeks in

Week 5 down. Starting week 6, changed water and nutes. Trimmed just a tad. pH is good. Finally time to flower her. Switched the light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12. Here’s where we’ll see if I’m doing right :crossed_fingers:t2:

@kmac03 @Mrb53004 @DollarBill @Kronic @MDBuds @dmtscravey

6 Likes

This is just the coolest! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Okay here’s my two cents worth you’re definitely doing it right to an extent looking closely at your plant those leaves that you pinched off below the top those two sets on each branch those would have shot straight up and giving you another Bud on the top of each branch so you robbed yourself 2 branches at least on every mainstem there so that’s another 12 buds you’re missing out on. But your plant is looking really healthy and happy so keep doing what you’re doing just next time don’t take those off and give them a chance to grow up to the light after you LST.

4 Likes

For only 5 weeks old that plant looks great!

2 Likes

@Kimmyann253 looks good. You timed flower just right. It should stop stretching just before hitting the light and you’ll have enough colas to fill up your whole aerogarden and have decent airflow.

3 Likes

I think it is an attractive plant, just like the beautiful hands that nurture her. It is ready for the next step. Personally, I would move those hooks further up the branches to pull them down a little more. If you move the hook closer to the tip of the stems, you will get a little more bend and a little more space for bud formation while also allowing more light penetration (oh, what a sexy word) for the interior. All this without any high heel shoes

4 Likes

Which two are you referring to. I didn’t think I pinched the two at the very top off. After I topped the plant I let those two branch out. Circle them for me if you know how so I know for next time.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m thinking the same with the timing. Don’t forget, with this particular unit I can raise the light higher if need be. Speaking of, do you know how much space I should keep between the plant and the light?? I don’t want to go too far to make it ineffective or too close to burn her.

2 Likes

Oh @Mrb53004. You make me blush. Lol. See in the pic below. Is that closer to where I should tie?? I might have to wait until next time. I did a partial chiropractic on her, squeezing the stem (until it “cracked”) but not twisting it. It did make for a much stronger stem. I did try pulling it down (smh with bad thoughts here) but she stiffened up and I don’t think that bend will bend again. Idk, I could always try. However, now you’re talking about shoes and your making me want to wear them. Lol. It’s been a while since I’ve had a chance to play around and wear them so it might be just what I need to get out of my funk. So thank you!!!

My favorite pair :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Now you are just toying with me…Those nails, those shoes…I’m done in for,you got me, whatever you desire my lady! To quote from process bride, “As you wish” :heart_eyes:
Yes, tie down right above that node. The bud will form at tip of branch, right after the hook / bend. It will expose the lower nodes to light which will result in bud formation at the nodes. Chiropractics - Since this is photo period plant, you can perform that action. I would not do all at once. Best to do 2 branches, wait a day or 2 to see rebound and then do other 2 branches. That will open up to main stem being able to be bent over. The new tops can be topped on EVERY tip. This will increase bud sites “squared”. 1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 8.
You have successfully grown from seed to plant and performed basic training. No reason to not experience advanced training. Then you will have experience! Oh my, you could be a PRO! A professional woman is SO SEXY!

3 Likes

Okay I have circled where I think you should have left them growing after the LST and they will grow up into branches with a good top on each one and then if you fim each top you will get another one to three buds off of each one. I’m not saying you didn’t do a good job,

you did a wonderful job on that plant she’s going to give you some awesome buds. If you look at these two pictures below you can kind of see how those would grow into branches by looking at the structure of this plant of mine. Just to kind of give you an idea.

2 Likes

Work those beautiful girls & those AMAZING red shoes, those days escape me. So I’m just enjoy you wearing them :rofl::kissing_heart::rofl::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I see what your saying. I know for next time now. Thanks.

1 Like

I do enjoy teasing people. In a good way of course. :smiling_imp:. My goal is to do this right and perhaps open the door in a more professional setting and do more!!! I’m so bored with what I do now and my other “profession” is at a stand still cuz of covid.

1 Like

you know, MEN loved to be teased…the excitement, anticipation…
You are doing this right. This is a prelude so what you do here is for your personal growth. The basic fundamentals are CORRECT!
There is no reason to not practice while you can. This is a TEST subject, so test her.
I do not see much improvement from chiropractics. I have used it to HST (bend over branches that will affect overall plant growth and cause issues like reaching the light while other branches / canopy is down below.
When you look at @dmtscravey grow, see how uniform the canopy is? The more uniform the greater the return. There is no reason to not fim the tips, or even top them, of the lower node branches. You are not in flower and the plant can handle it. The apical / main stem can have chiropractics to bend over to try and create a more uniform canopy. If you stress the main stem, the side branches should grow and start to reach the same height as the apical buds. That is what we aim for. You have nothing to lose and experience to gain by practicing now

3 Likes

@Kimmyann253 it all depends on your light but it’s good that you can raise it just in case. That strawberry cough has strong sativa genes and can triple in size during flower.

3 Likes

But I just switched the lighting yesterday to a 12/12. Is it too late?? I can always adjust it back.

1 Like

not too late and no, you do not have to switch back

2 Likes

Here is a branch that has been topped and then was fimmed and you can see where the one branch turned into 5 bud sites ( tops )!!

your plant looks so healthy you should try this they will recover quickly

3 Likes

Heck yes!!! Look at those solid branches!!! Great work!!!

2 Likes