AeroGarden Grow #2

HOLY TRIKES BATGIRL! those really look phenomenal…Be ready as you can harvest soon. You can clip a bud and dry it for test…may taste a little green (dry in microwave or oven at 280°for 20 minutes)

2 Likes

@Mrb53004 i know not to get it on the buds. Don’t want to alter taste. You never sent me any spray. Must’ve been one of your other prodigies. Lol. With the potted plant almost to harvest time, should I even bother with the sand at this point?? I did just order some of those sticker things that we saw @DollarBill use. I’m lucky so far that they’re just on the surface of the soil and the gnats aren’t a huge problem.

I’m not seeing any amber on the trichomes yet but I’m keeping watch. I know I’ll be harvesting the pot soon. The AeroGarden seems to be taking its time. I’m hoping the adjustment on nutes helped her out more. Guess we’ll see.

1 Like

if you are going to throw the soil away, just continue with the sticky traps…If you are going to use substrate in the future, get some…
you can base the harvest on the stigmas…the trichomes follow suit as far as maturity and pistils are a LOT easier to see
trich.pstl.hrvst

1 Like

We’ll look at that. I’m still learning. Lol. Thank you. That is so much easier to gage rather than the trichomes themselves.

So looking back at the pics, should I harvest them now??

1 Like

this is Frankenstein…and famous among the cannabis community for its insane potency. Being 80% Indica, she is a couch lock variety meant to kick your ass b_tch…take advantage of you. You can harvest now, or at least trh buds that look like they are not producing and more new stigmas / white pistils. If she is still getting white pistils, she is still filling out. Put a few ice cubes on the soil at night (5 or 6) around the stem to cool down the soil, reduce the lights to 8 hrs ON and she should go into OVERDRIVE…a week to 10 days and they may double in size and potency…Then stop watering for 3/4 days, move her into a dark closet for 3 days and let the THC GO WILD…then clip. This can all be done in around 2 weeks so base it on new whit stigmas or the fact that YOU JUST CAN’T WAIT ANY LONGER

3 Likes

Kim…here is a pic of a perfect bud…and yours,at least some, appear to be textbook ready

you know, you do not have to take down the whole plant, you can clip branches

4 Likes

Oh boy. That’s a lot of info. What about the one in the AeroGarden?? I know she still has time to grow more but can I put that on the same light schedule as the potted?? If not I’m really gonna have to come up with a solution to separate them.

1 Like

@Kimmyann253 Internet_20210907_120745_2 Internet_20210907_120745_3 :v::relaxed: just type in Pretty in Green BTi (specific for fungus gnats)

1 Like

gnat larvae :mosquito: eat roots

1 Like

yes, you can put both on the same schedule…they are autoflower so bottom line 12 weeks is the life cycle…anything more does not warrant a greater return…it diminished from that point on
get the water in the Aero chilled…maybe down to 55°…lights off for 16 hours…ONLY 8 Hrs lights on…that is what winter is…6-8 hours of light, temps at 45-55°
the TCH will increase as should color and amount of trikes

2 Likes

Ughhhh. One issue after another. Took care of the gnat problem but now I have a whole new problem to conquer.

What is this?? Plant jumpers?? I’m getting a recommended spray for it. Seriously, how do you all handle all this when planting in soil. I think I’ll stick with hydro from now on.

Good news is she’s still growing. The AeroGarden is still having nute issues. I tried a trick that @DollarBill recommended for potassium by using a banana. I made a banana tea so to say and added that. Hopefully, it will help. I don’t know what else to do.

1 Like

well maybe you did not have gnats but mites
I would carefully CUT that portion out, take it in the bathroom or somewhere AWAY from the plant, spray with 1 part rubbing alcohol, 1 part water and gently wash away the webs and bugs
do not put the buds back near the plants
dry and cure the bud/s you remove
You can carefully spray plants with the solution but keep it away from the flowers…get the undersides of the leaves
apple cider vinegar - Mix a 3 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp baking soda and a few drops of liquid dish soap in 1ltr of lukewarm water in a spray bottle. Careful as this can burn the stigmas so try to keep away from the flowers

2 Likes

That looks like hyphae to me. I have seen that along with botrytis every fall here. I don’t know what type that is but i call it white slime mold. I see it all over outside blackberry fruit rotting in all the green belts. It seems to like cannabis bud too.

Have you tested RH? I suspect that the aero garden mister also acts as a humidifier. If it is mold as I suspect I would harvest. It will come back often during drying if you try and fight it. Just cut it and call it this grow.

In my humble opinion.

Mite webs are light and delicate and more transparent like spider silk. That looks thick and chunky to me like hyphae. When you remove it if it extra wet to the touch (wet sponge) that confirms my suspicion. If it is mite webs it should feel dry to the touch. At least in my experience. I have seen leaf curler caterpillars web up line that. But those would not be inside pests at all.

1 Like

:thinking:. Mmmmm. Who knows. :woman_shrugging:t2:. It’s getting cut either way. Thankfully, it’s only on the one bud that’s in the potted plant. @Noddykitty, the AeroGarden doesn’t have a mister. It only has a pump that circulates the water onto the very base on the plant to oxygenate it. So, the upper part of the plant stays dry. I do have a humidifier but that thing hasn’t gone off in quite some time with the weather here. I have that and a small heater on a device that reads the temperature and humidity in the room and will turn them on and off as necessary.

1 Like

Have you seen any caterpillars around the plants that’s what it looks like eastern tent caterpillar they spin webs

1 Like

No I haven’t. And I sat there and stared at it for a while to see if I saw anything move. Lol

1 Like

and I am thinking…what would she do if she saw something move
I would not want to be there for that :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Lol. I’d be all like “eeeeewwwwww”!!! But sit and stare cuz it’s so fascinating.

I did what you said and carefully cut the branch off. However, I didn’t use the alcohol or nothing. I was too busy pulling it apart and looking at it under a microscope. Didn’t see any movement of any kind. Trichomes still look kinda clear. I did save some buds that weren’t affected and have them drying now.

1 Like

remember, trikes will continue to mature,even after harvest. It is like a tomato / banana…they ripen on the counter
If it is mold, you do want it washed off thoroughly…do not smoke or ingest that part unless you treat it
If you have some of my solution, you can put it in a bowl and rinse it. You can also use hydrogen peroxide…make sure you dry it thoroughly after washing…like in from of a fan

1 Like

Idk what it is. It was only that one bud that had it. I’m not messing with it either way.

1 Like