AeroGarden Grow #2

Lol. Thank you. You and everyone else on here has been a tremendous help with this. I really appreciate everything. I’m so grateful for finding this forum. :heart:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you learned lol.

1 Like

I knew you had it in you…I just wish it was me who put it there… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t2: SMH……you’re killing me Mike.

Getting bigger all the time. Seeing trichomes on the potted one.

4 Likes

I been waiting for this! No one would think this is only your 2nd grow ever…and you put areogarden on the map!

4 Likes

Thank you!!! But I think I have outgrown the AeroGarden. I’m gonna make my own hydroponic system that can hold more. :grin:

Weird thing to me is the potted one is showing trichomes where the AeroGarden is not. But the AeroGarden is giving me way more bush (heehee)

I am having a nute issue again. Any recommendations?? @Mrb53004 @MDBuds

1 Like

Just starting my 1st DWC & you look like it’s going ok. What nute issues are you having. Happy growing

2 Likes

In the aero or container. Aero - check to make sure root rot is not starting…change reservoir, clean, clean, clean
container…soil…clean water flush in case you have built up salt…
all in all, they look pretty good

2 Likes

I’m not sure what’s going on. The leaves keep turning yellow and dying off. One leaf looks like it’s turning red. It’s weird. I’ll have to get you better pics to see what I’m talking about.

1 Like

as they get closer to maturation, the leaves will give up their nutrients to feed the tops/buds…
also
what casue red leaves - click here

2 Likes

I got Kmac to start a go fund me and I donated to her…
Kmac go fund me -click here

Let us see what we, as a community, can do to help one of our own…after all, isn’t that what a community is all about, helping each other?

3 Likes

Love the article. Great info. Thanks. I’m thinking the red is caused by being to close to the light since it only seems to be that top one that’s discolored. The fading and dying leaves has to be nutrient deficiency. I’ll have to add a bit more when I get back home to see if that’s the issue. Thank you for the input.

So I did some research. I believe I have nutrient burn going on. Although the tops of the plants are close to the light the leaves are showing signs on the lower level too. I checked the roots and they are not slimy or smelly or twisted. They are a bit discolored but I think that’s from the nutrients which can happen.

I took the water out and replaced it with plain water to give it a bit of a flush and will check tomorrow and add the proper amount of nutrients. She’s still growing and trichomes are coming in so I’m not too worried. She’s a strong girl.

AeroGarden

AeroGarden

Pot

Pot

1 Like

Kim you are rocking that grow :+1: girl. I found your grow blog 3 weeks ago and read it from the start. I am now considering trying a hydro grow. Got some seeds on the way.

I see this tonight and I’m like hmmm can I do this. I saw you had leaves dieing and limbs turning red do to not enough nutes. Then you changed water and added nuted only to start getting nute burn leaf tips.

Is it really hard to keep the amount of nutes in check? I am planning to post my grow on this site and pray I can get Mike’s :pray: helpful advice too. I never grown anything hydro before.

2 Likes

@PopPop65 I feel ya. Excited to start my DWC grow, but nervous as hell :grimacing: :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:. Keep us posted

1 Like

@PopPop65. It was doing fine when I followed @Mrb53004 and @MDBuds suggestions for nutes. I think I just got over zealous with it. It could also be the strain itself. With research I found that ever strain is different with the nutes they need. This Frankenstein is definitely a monster. After this grow, I do plan on making my own hydroponic system where I can adjust the lights appropriately. Keep in mind with this AeroGarden, the lights can only go up so far. However, I do like the whole hydro system. You can definitely see a lot more growth with it compared to the potted one.

2 Likes

Just an update. Trichomes are getting plentiful. At least on the potted plant. Changed the water in the AeroGarden. Added some potassium and hydroguard to it to see if it helps. Pulled the dead leaves and tied her down even more just in case it’s heat stress from the lights.

*Note: I will probably NEVER use soil to grow again. Since using it I have had at least two different kinds of mushrooms grow, little flying gnats or whatever they are and now these teenie tiny bugs are crawling around the surface of the soil. WTF!!! Thankfully I have essential oils on hand and whipped something up. Hopefully it will take care of it.

Pot

AeroGarden

6 Likes

Very nice, good job girl!!

2 Likes

Kim…do not get the essential oils on the flowers…use the spray I sent you. Gnats are common with soil, especially if you keep it moist. You can use silica SAND AND PLACE A LAYER over the top f the soil and it will stop the gnats
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QGNRR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes