AeroGarden Grow #2

Just giving an update. Growing big but still no flowering. How long before she starts?? It’s an auto.

3 Likes

Kim, you got to start tying down some of those tops in the Aero…they will grow too long when you hit flowering time
If if ain’t flowering, and you want it/them too…give it help with a flip. They only look about 18 inches…Frankenstein is a BIG AUTO…can grow 3,4,5 feet so it is a late flowerier…
You can flip both at the same time…just set the lights to 12/12…leave it there for a couple weeks and you should see pistils popping…(pistils, not pimples…argh!)
Your containers are perfect size for going to a flip at this point in time. You would need bigger containers if you wanted to veg longer

1 Like

Ok. I’ll flip and tie down :smirk:. What about trimming?? Besides the dead stuff should I get mor of the underneath stuff??

yes…defoliate before you flip…before you flower is the time to do the most trimming, training, manipulation. You can defoliate and LST those upper branches (in the AERO)…looks like the potted plant has plenty upward space

1 Like

I’m confused. I thought you didn’t “flip” autos, that they will start flowering automatically and they do better with like 20 hours light all through the cycle?

1 Like

Normally no but she has limited space and the environment in an AERO pot won’t allow for full growth of the monster plants seeds I sent her. They will still react to 12/12…They will outgrow their environment if she doesn’t. Frankenstein (my seeds) are named that because they are MONSTERS. I have had autos grow as large as 5 feet…

2 Likes

Alrighty. Trimmed and tied. Just how I like my girls :smiling_imp:. Lol. She’s also set on a 12/12 light schedule now.

I even added two of those water stake things to keep the pot watered properly cuz I tend to forget to do that :disappointed:.

6 Likes

Growing massive but still no flowering.

2 Likes

Kim…are yu getting them in complete 12 hrs darkness? NO LIGHT ALLOWED…NONE
they look fantastic…gonna smell bigtime…you have to start bending over / training the aero pot stems that are so close to the light

1 Like

Yes. 12 hours each light/dark. I know I have to tie down more. I did already. This is after tied down and trimmed. Lol. Guess I’ll have to get on top of her even more.

yes, on top…we like it that way :smiling_imp:
try a closeup of the top buds…we should see pistils forming if you have COMPLETE DARKNESS…no bleeding / peeking lights

2 Likes

Yay. I believe she’s flowering!!! Another trim and tie down. She is definitely a monster. Lol

5 Likes

wooowhooo! I see you got some BEND going on…nice to know you are flexible…
now you can increase the lights to 14 hrs and see what happens (give it a week to 10 days). If they continue flowering, increase light another 2 hrs to 16…

1 Like

Lol. Yea I’m a flexible girl. So more light will help them grow quicker??

1 Like

quicker, bigger flowers…just have to make sure they do not go back to veg mode…that is why I said wait 7-10 days…also, on the potted - move the light closer or raise the pot

2 Likes

Holly Maryjane @Kimmyann253 your plant is thriving. The Aero has really done you well and you proved my sceptic self wrong, BRAVO WOMAN! Of course, @Mrb53004 is such a wonderful teacher too. We are fortunate to have him and this forum.
Can’t wait to see your progress.

2 Likes

@Munchy Thank you so much. I appreciate the positive!!! Yea I’m pretty convinced the AeroGarden is a good tool. Comparing that to the soil grow next to her, I’d say that’s the way to go for me. Now with some research under my belt I can make my own hydroponic system to be able to hold the massive amount of roots I’m sure this girl has produced.

1 Like

time for an update, inquiring minds (busybodies) want to know

3 Likes

She’s getting stoopid huge!!! Especially the AeroGarden girl. Flowers are a bloomin.

5 Likes

you got some STANK going on?
Kim, you really outdid yourself…no one would ever know this is only your 2nd grow…oops, now everyone knows :rofl:

4 Likes