AeroGarden Grow #2

And so she hangs

4 Likes

Ugh. I’m an idiot. I let her dry for too long. Should I even bother to trim at this point?? I got the grow part down but now I need to know how to cure. :cry:. I’m seriously upset at myself

1 Like

@Kimmyann253 it’s an Over Grow. it only takes a week on most strains to over grow… Same thing happens in the wild on seed buds so nature can broadcast the seeds by wind. Not every strain can go to Amber Trichs and also, individual plants are picky in their own way about harvest time. next time harvest earlier. Always snap some stems during cure. Cure plants until smaller bud stems snap when you bend them

2 Likes

Yea I was bending the stems and they never snapped. They would just bend so I let them sit longer. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

you can always rehydrate…

3 Likes

@Kimmyann253 challenges are the exciting part of growing :wink: 3 Days of Darkness

1 Like

How do you do that??

1 Like

OFF TOPIC!!! I just got my anniversary badge. Lol. It’s been a year already!!! :flushed:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I actually have those. Thank you though. Should I use one or two in a 64oz mason jar??

1 Like

if they are size 8, 1 for a 32OZ (quart). If you have 64oz jars, use 2…you cannot use too many but you can use NOT ENOUGH. Once they are re-hydrated, reduce the amount of packs in a jar. You will know day to day how your bud feels

2 Likes

Thank you. Always good to have a little instruction

1 Like

In the jar with two Boveda packs. Now how often do I open it again?? I forget

3 Likes

if it was dry (you said you let them dry too long), you only have to open to check how they feel (if they pick up / absorb some moisture). They will go from dry and crumbly to a little pliable. THey do not need to breathe so just keep it closed in a dark cool closet / drawer
have you puffed any to check quality / taste?
You will start to notice a change in smell (more potent), color (the GREEN will start changing to brown) as they cure (age - like a fine wine)

2 Likes

I have not tried any yet but I will today. They do feel like they’re picking up moisture nicely. I’m happy they were able to bounce back. Thank you to everyone for all the advice!!!

1 Like

Ok. I tried it. I’m high AF and it didn’t take much. But I think I’m a lightweight anyway. Still……good shit

5 Likes

@Mrb53004 So what’s a good humidity as it sits in the jar??

1 Like

55-65% total darkness and about 65°f (60-70)

2 Likes

I try to maintain 62% in total darkness temperatures 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit checking jars every Sunday. I keep a Humidity gage and a two way 8 gram Humidity control pack in every jar. I use Humidity bags ranging from 32% to 84%. The low and high extremes are only used short time to make corrections then I replace with a 62% pack. Sometimes I have to use 2 8 gram bags in a quart jar until it’s cured then I maintain with one 62% pack. I have taken some forgotten buds in the dry room that was crispy dry through and through. Put the buds in gallon gars old pickle jars with 6 84% moisture packs and 2 weeks later they were like fresh cured buds. Flavor and smell was there I lost around 10% strength. Still a good high but only for a couple hours.

I am 1 week into my first hydro grow. Wish me luck. PopPop

3 Likes

@PopPop65 Merry Christmas 2021 :relaxed: would be a Nice Christmas Card in a Real Kind of Free World

4 Likes