AeroGarden Grow - 1 week

It’s been one week since I’ve planted my seed. She is growing quick!!! I changed the water and gave all the proper nutrients. I also placed a warm mist humidifier in my grow room to help combat my low humidity problem. Let’s see if that help with the temp too.

4 Likes

I was thinking about you today. Hope all is well.

If that baby were mine, I think I’d go ahead and pot her. She’s trying to climb out towards the light.

3 Likes

I’m actually making this a full grow in the AeroGarden from start to harvest. It does look like she wants to get out of there tho. Lol.

1 Like

Hmmm. So what do you do from here? Will she settle back down?

3 Likes

You just keep following the directions that came with your aerogarden. Are you using the nutes that came with it? I tried this once but it reached the point where these types of plants are just too big for an aerogarden. You can manually adjust so the plants conforms to your environment rather than you adjusting to the plants. I do not know your strain. If it is a photo, you will have to flip (go to 12/12 light /dark) to get it to flower and provide a way to keep the excess light out while in flower/ This is why I use my aerogarden dry and get my seedlings going under the light, then move them to a planter after a couple / few weeks. Most photo breeds grow phenomenally at that point so height becomes an issue. If it is an auto, it will begin to flower on its own n o mater what you do.

3 Likes

@Mrb53004. I’m actually following directions that I found online for growing cannabis in the AeroGarden. I’m not using the nutes that came with it but ordered the ones that were recommended in the instructions made for hydroponic grow. I’m growing a female seed of Strawberry Cough. A sativa dominant strain. I got the seeds first before I did my research (bad on my part) so I understand she’ll grow tall. I do plan on topping and training to hopefully induce more of a horizontal grow. Being this is my very first grow, it’s more just experimental and fun to see if I can do it.

2 Likes

@kmac03. I’m not sure where she’s going just yet but I’m hoping she’ll get thicker so she can get more stable.

2 Likes

Seriously, I’m sitting here going, “Okay, well, I wonder if she kind of spiraled her around, what would happen?”

Hope that makes sense? I’m very interested in your project.

2 Likes

@Kimmyann253 to keep the strain short topping fimming and lst will work in and aerogarden as well. Once she has strong roots bend her over and start horizontal training and you can get her to fill up the whole space and then switch over to 12/12 lighting and get her flowering.

3 Likes

@Kimmyann253, I’m probably going to try this as it’s a true artform and nice meditation.

4 Likes

Interesting. Keep us updated

2 Likes

@kmac03. Yea she just sprouted like that on her own. I’m so afraid to touch and disturb her in any way, hoping she’ll find her way and be strong.

Guess she takes after her mama after all. Twisted and kinky. Lmao. :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

@MDBuds. I’m still debating if I want to do just a straight topping or do the fimming instead. Being as this is my very first time, I’m not sure if I want to add even more off shoots that fimming provides. I really don’t want to mess this up. When the time comes, I’m gonna be nervous doing any HST techniques for fear that I’ll be too aggressive and do more damage than good. I guess I should just keep in mind that it’s my first time and I’m learning and if I fuck up, it’s a lesson.

2 Likes

@Victor. Will definitely keep you guys updated. I’m too excited not to. Lol. I also appreciate all the feed back and knowledge I get from everyone. I was think about posting the progress weekly but don’t want to bore (or annoy) anyone. Then again, that’s how I’m gonna learn right.

2 Likes

Hahaha! Well, then I’m distressed over my plants for no reason. My attempt at LST failed as I couldn’t stand seeing them that way and now they are all twisted and mangled, one lost it’s head. Sounds just like me. Hahahaha! :rofl: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Take a deep breath, slowly in, hold, slowly out. Persistence pays off. Once in a while we lose a plant because of no fault but our own. I sent you the youtube video to see how to LST. MDBuds instructed you also. Keep your MAIN stem straight and supported (sometimes I stick a chopstick in the soil that I can secure the main stem to) and then begin bending the top over - using the hook, but a little at a time - meaning day by day. If you have been using horsetail, your have added silica and have more stiffness in your branches than most. Hook the main stem to one direction and the top to the opposite direction.

. The stem will start to bend, not break. The top will begin leaning over, not be pulled off -

2 Likes

I totally got y’alls instruction. Your student, however, struggles with cog issues and sensory overload, so yes, I watched the video as much as I could and followed written instruction, but the spaces in between my synapses in my brain can cause some communication errors and integration issues. I do appreciate your help.

2 Likes

Well welcome to my world. I suffer from imagination. It means your brain thinks more than the average bear. Simplify it - steady the lower to the left, pull gently, a little a day, the upper to the right.

2 Likes

Yes, to imagination, but all full of Lewy Bodies and Parkinson’s. Makes things interesting on the best days for an A-type like me. I will figure it out. I appreciate ya.

2 Likes

@Kimmyann253 you can always FIM her instead to really force her horizontal. Also a Mainline will help you if you need to keep her small, you can mainline 3rd node, then top each branch and she’ll basically start taking all her veg time into horizontal tops and you should end up with a nice plant :slight_smile:

3 Likes