Yellowing leaves

I’m growing several plants in a 2x4 tent. This one is about 7 weeks old and it looked great till about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I’d only trimmed the top shade leaves to let in more light. I’m running 2 300 watt led’s at 18 inches, it’s running about 78° and 60% humidity. Then I started getting the blotchy leaves, burn marks so I purged them with nothing but water for a week. No improvement getting worse. I could use sone help.

3 Likes

I had the same blotches on a couple of my plants. Started adding blackstrap molasses at 3 ml per gallon of water and they never came back. Just me but I cut out all damaged portions of leaves so I get a good idea if it continues.
Give us a few hours and I am pretty sure someone more knowledgable will chime in with the help you need.

2 Likes

Is your water draining good and how often do you water

3 Likes

Looks like you need less light, calmag, and don’t water around the base of the plant. That water trail should be around the very side of the container and the soil around the base of the plant should be dry. Maybe watch a few videos on YouTube about watering and lighting. Here’s a cheat sheet brother, God bless you and give us some updates with pics ok. Thank you :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Happy New Year.
You should be watering wet to dry. Not watering until it is dry. Feel the weight or stick your finger in and see if it is dry. For that cure. YouTube it. Light a hold be no less then 12 inches no more then 24 inches. I had one looked like that. The soil wasn’t drying. What are you using for soil? After taking a second look. You may have cal/mag deficiency fungus gnats or a combination

2 Likes

Welcome to Homegrown, @ChuckH!

What kind of soil are you using and what are you growing?

2 Likes

Happy new year everyone!

@ChuckH as i see It you have an issue with pH, if you see the leaves at the bottom right side you will see dark stains and more stains at the top right side, wich is a clear signal of phosphorous deficiency. What does all that have to do with pH? If you see the leaves at the left side of the plant you will see interveinal yellowing, wich is one of the signals for magnesium deficiency and its not common to have 2 deficiency in a row. If we keep going with that logic you must know that the plant reduces absorption of both nutrients when pH goes below 6. I suggest you to messure the pH of the water that goes out the pot when watering your plants, if It is below 6 try to rise it yo 6-6.2. Also you will have to increase both nutrients when watering, at least increase the EC value 0.1-0.2 us/cm when watering but it is important to fix the pH value first, otherwise the plant wont totally “eat” the nutrients you are giving to it.

I apologize if it isnt properly wroten my english is a bit rusty lol.

Hope It helps you!

6 Likes

Thanks Jared is that good for plants in soil?

2 Likes

Philly111 I’ve got a Flo in the same tent same light as this Blue Nina. I check my moisture with a meter every day and their usually dry, I did just repotted them as they were getting root bound. Their in 4 gallon pots now and the Flo is taking off but the Nina isn’t looking better yet but it’s only been about a week. I just put some voo doo juice on it yesterday. I’m hoping that will perk it up.

2 Likes

Miracle grow it was all I could get around here. I just got some fox farms soil to use next time.

2 Likes

Heinz I’ve been watering with purified water which has been over 7 on the ph so I’ve been adjusting it down to about 6.25

2 Likes

Unsulphered blackstrap molasses is great for your soil so in turn is great for your plants. It is high in P, Mag and many trace minerals. The pure suger in the it feeds the microbes in the soil and that really helps your plants thrive. Also as stated buy others I see moisture issues. Try picking up your container. If it feels light water if it feels heavy dont. You have been doing a lot of flushing that could be causing to much water.

2 Likes

Thanks man I’ll try the black strap molasses. I use a moisture meter to check around the plant then push it down to the bottom of the pot to check for them holding water. If the roots and deeper are moist I don’t water. Also my soil is around 8 ph and I’m trying to get that more around 6. Still trying to figure that out. No matter what I’m gonna keep working on my technique till I get it down.

2 Likes

Thanks kmac03 I’m using miracle grow with perlite and a small amount of sand. But it’s 8+ ph on my meter and nothing I do seems to raise the ph of the soil. I definitely have been watering wrong. I’ve been watering when it’s dry around the plant.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

There are some great tips on here about soil pH. Check out @Jared’s thread and @MDBuds discussion on the thread below.

Happy Growing, My Friend!

3 Likes

O yeah. With M.G. you don’t need nutes. It will burn

3 Likes

B.G.1 yeah it wasn’t my first choice but with the pandemic most other choices were closed. Next seeds going into fox farms soil. I just got some happy frog soil and I’m going to try it on my next plants.

2 Likes

Still mix fox farm. I use the same

2 Likes

Okay I’ll do it. Thanks

2 Likes

Give a magnesium feeding

2 Likes