WW autoflower rookie just looking for tips

White widow AF entering week 7. I kinda thought they’d be a little further along at this point. Soil, water, light are spot on. Doing very minimal LST and have done zero pruning what so ever. Thoughts, tips, critiques?

1 Like

Other then pulling your tops down a bit more for the branches to get more light n catch up to top branch id say your doing just fine…they look healthy…well done

Ww is generally an easy going grower so you shouldn’t have much resistance from the plant…after branches grow more I would recommend pulling them in opposite directions to open the air flow n give them a bit more space…ww isn’t the hugest plant ever but definitely can/will throw off some massive donkers if given the chance…

Thanks man! I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

you didn’t say how tall your tent is or what light you are using and how much space is in between the tops of the plants and the lights and how much room is left at the top of the tent to raise the light/s. Autoflowers, especially when they just enter flower mode, can be finicky if you play with them. If they stress, you loose valuable growth…Before you go bending or twisting those ladies, lets see what space you have. They might just be fine and you might want to just let them grow…ask @wnyrenegade , he does great with autoflowers

3 Likes

Hi Mike,

Plenty of room in the tent. It’s a 4’ x 4’ x 7’ space with exh and circ systems, humidity control, and currently King led lighting.
The plants are 16-23’ tall when not tied back. The lighting is about 18" above plant tops. I’m holding temp around 76 and RH around 50% during it’s 18 hrs of light on. dark hours holds about 70 degrees and RH maintains around 40%
Using Happy frog soil with ph balanced water and a little liquid seaweed additive.

That’s pretty much my entire game right now at 41 days in.

1 Like

Bring your temp up to 80 and RH% to 55. They look good and healthy. Leaf temperature is 5dg cooler than room temp generally. This is the VPD chart.

2 Likes

Man I would expect those to throw off some nice bud @HippiePa. They look great.

1 Like

I would just gently manipulate them to open up the lower nodes to more light to increase bud growth. You do not have do this all at once…just a little a days to not stress them, you have the time and space. Make sure you secure the apical stem before you go bending over the tops so you do not dislodge them from the root hold.
Plants are most malleable after dark. If you let them dry before watering, they will droop a little (good indication they need water)…Then is a good time to start the LST…you just anchor the branch before you water

3 Likes

Happy frog is the best live soil out there ! Like you said, Ph corrected water and some supplement worms castings etc , I use a little bit of recharge on the wash before last .

1 Like

Is it to late to top ?

if flowers have sprouted, yes…too late…on photoperiod plants we used to (years ago) clip the tops of the buds to make them fatten up but that is not the same as topping. Wont kill the plant but you will have a longer recovery
Auto flowers - I am sure many agree with me…never top after flower…only when they are little sprouts at about 3 weeks / 3 nodes…and then depends on the strain. Auto’s stress easily and with a 8-12 week average grow period…you do not want to stunt them

1 Like

Agree
I topped one early on, as an experiment for my own knowledge since I’ve never grown indoor OR AF. It has done ok… split into a couple of nice shoots but it really did stunt the over-all growth. I think when I grow AF again, I’ll avoid topping altogether and simply start LST much sooner.
I’m germinating some gorilla glue PP for outdoor grow right now along with a handful of American Kush AF for another tent grow.

Id recommend not lsting until at least the 30 day from seed mark

2 Likes

Thank you Skyler. Yeah, it makes me too nervous handling them much prior to that anyways. It’s part of why I waited TOO long to begin LST this time around.
Thanks again!

1 Like

Here a few pics off my last gorilla glue#4 auto 1 after final lst and 1 of it finished this is how i train all autos really

3 Likes

Great pics … thanks

1 Like

Your not going to hurt them they are tough as nails they can handle a lot just don’t stress them

2 Likes

I’m about 8 weeks into the WW AF now and they’re in beginning flower stage… I’ve continued to remove a few large fan leaves. one or two every couple days… is it getting too late for that on AF’s on no?

1 Like

Personally I stop all defoliation and training by week 3 of flower…if its a long flowering strain say🤔10-11 week finish ill do my last heavy defoliation at week 5 of flower with its last feeding. BUT I use slow release dry amendments so its my sweetspot usually last for the rest of flower…bottled nutes id recommend sticking to the feeding schedule but yea strain depending week 5 at the latest

1 Like

Thank you Skyler … always helpful.