Winter Grow Transplanted Today!

Couchlock happens when you are too high. THC is not the wherewithal for weed, the terpine makeup has much more to do with it than THC does. My wife is an avid toker. She has insomnia, and a bunch of other stuff, but when she buys bud, it is not always about the THC. She has smoke strains with half the indicated THC levels that are some of her favorites…She does like a good high and goes for high THC Levels for day weed but not for couchlock.
Maturity…as the plant matures, it goes through 3 stages of readiness. Clear trichomes…this is usually the energetic period…It is thought that harvesting at this time produces bud that amps you up. Some complain or paranoia with this stage. Next comes cloudy…This appears to be close to the time the bud has its genetic effects that are inherent to the strain (Indica for relaxed, Sativa for thoughtful, ponderous and sometimes energetic (like wake and bake). Then comes 10% amber. Most growers consider this the time when the bud is at its PEAK POTENCY. Then there is 50% or more amber trichomes. Many believe that smoking this is just going to make you feel like the pic I posted.
In reality, none of them have that much to do with THC CONTENT. It is the terpines that help determine, in combination with the THC, what the effect is going to be. It is said that anything beyond 25% amber, you are losing potency. It is also said stored bud loses 5% THC a month. Well gee, I usually cure for up to 6 months…dang, I guess my weed has almost no THC. Then what is getting everyone so high?
The combination of the different terpines, in conjunction with THC and other elements of bud, is a super complex subject with no real conclusions as to what is causing the result. It is a combination.
We follow a given path to harvest when the trichomes are about 10-15% AMBER.
I HAVE BEEN AT THIS LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW when to harvest. Know your plants, feel them, see them, touch them…Tommy can you see me? :rofl:
Your bud will not be ruined by harvesting a little too early, a little too late. Indica strains generally grow shorter, thicker and produce a more relaxed high. Sativa generally grows taller, lankier and produces a more thoughtful energetic high.
We are crossbreeding the heck out of strains and moving away from heritage. Growers are mixing anything they can get there hands on. The real deal is the CBD. As it starts to emerge, more concentration will take place on this and we will start to see strains bred for specific medical purposes. I have smoked Seedsman 30:1 CBD…doesn’t smell like weed at all. Didn’t get me high but my body was in a state of euphoria…Took care of anxiety, depression, pain, inflammation…This allowed me to sleep like a baby, better than the high THC content, Indica heavy strains I grow.

4 Likes

Bahahahahaha! I haven’t even read the whole thing, but just burst out laughing. Thank you! :v:t2: :rofl: :joy: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks Mike. In short that’s what I was trying to say. I completely agree with that whole statement :clap:

Thanks mike guess there’s no breaking it down less then that very informative tells me I picked last ones before I really wanted thanks again

Update, I am thinking 2 more week and I can let these ladies go into flower. They hare almost at my height line and width is close, Once I allow flower, they should double in size. They have really liked the greenhouse this winter and look strong with good color and strong structure. Once in flower I will mover them 30” apart so I will be able to walk around them to work on them during flower to avoid any issues.

6 Likes

Very cool I’ve had mine outside for 12 days now in northern cali

1 Like

These ladies are starting their stretch to flower and have already grown another 6" - 10". Nor Cal weather has been great and they are loving the sun and lower temps compared to the summer.

Same here in Nevada…a little windy but my veg growth is clearly visible from day to day…this is PRISTINE weather…Made me go add another dozen seeds for germination… A few photo but mostly Auto so I can harvest before the BRUTAL HEAT…Going to do a few transplants and bring out the red wagon so I can tarry the plants in and out of the tent. This way I can control the FLIP on the photoperiods much better. I am breeding and about to clone…will clone my Acapulco Gold, GDP, BubbaK and I have a Thai that is blowing me away…2 months old and she was reaching 4.5 feet. I let her go dry so the stem wilted and then while the stem was soft, staked her down and tied off the apical…fed and watered and WOW…excited.
You know there is always a silver lining around the dark cloud…well, I am waiting for the cloud to pass. My landlord decided she wants to sell the house…so now I have to scramble…gotta love the crap that comes our way, aye?

1 Like

Holy shit that’s terrible Mike!! I’m sorry to hear you have to move. I can’t imagine the nightmare of moving that many plants and different strains. I hope you are able to make a smooth transition.

That is so awesome wish I had that freedom to do outdoors

Them babies are gonna be monsters nutes or all organic

1 Like

Nutes, although I do not give much. Just what they ask for.

My girls are starting their stretch for flowering. My goal is to have them reach the top of the sticks and width of the planter. =or> than 1 cubic meter when harvest time.

3 Likes

Really nice looking plants there.

1 Like

I am amazed at how well your greenhouse held up during the transition from winter. Here in Vegas, that would have blown away long ago…Great job, they really do look fantastic. Impressive growth and perfect condition…Gonna be a real good harvest when the time comes. Now that we are in the spring and moving to summer, will you remove the tent? How will / do you flip???Blackout the tent? There are 5 months of veg ahead…they will be monsters by then

2 Likes

Hi Mike,
I am fortunate that the tent is near a 8’ fence that blocks most of the winter wind. I have only once had to secure due to weather. These ladies are in transition as we type. I was supplementing with a grow light to keep the plants at 18 hours of light, about 10 days ago I started reducing the light 15 minuets a day until I could turn off and remove. I did try to time it to us having 12 hours of light a day. I saw a stretch within a week and am now looking for flowers. Just incase I do have a blackout tarp, but from what I am seeing, I do not think I will need it.
I will not remove the tent, although it makes it easier to control temperature without a tent, I can control pest better with one. I will control temperature in the tent with fans and swamp cooler the best I can. I am now looking for harvest to be between the end of June and the end of July.

2 Likes

Out of Transition and into flower!
Transition complete. Still stretching. What I am happiest about is that I was able to trick Mother Nature and make these plants believe its fall in the spring using natural light! (No need to use the black out tarp). All five are showing flower growth and fit in the green house. This next couple of moths should be fun!

6 Likes

Right on bro! Really kick ass that you were able to do that​:partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Wow. How beautiful. :heart_eyes: I hope my living vicariously drifts over to the physicality. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Week 3 – 4, Transition and stretch have ended, and flower begins. Buds are healthy and stacking. Now comes the watch and wait time. My plan is to have these mature for harvest 7 – 10 days apart so I can harvest and trim one plant at a time allowing for drying before I harvest next plant. Let us see how it goes!

6 Likes