Winter Grow Transplanted Today!

My little seedlings have turned into big girls. I transplanted today into the green house for my winter grow. This will be my first grow from seeds and strains I have never grown before so I am looking forward to the coming months.

6 Likes

Way to go…What is your grow zone? Are they autoflower? \If not, what do you think you will do when they require 12/12 and you have daylight to deal with? Gonna let them grow all the way to sep/oct?

3 Likes

Hi Mike,
Grow zone is 9b, but my greenhouse has held good temps for growing during February - May. No these are not auto-flower. I will keep the light 18/6 with sun and grow light, until they reach 32” across and 32” tall. Then remove the grow lights and allow them to flower. I have a black tarp if the sun is greater than 12 hours and they will not flower. These girls will be ready sometime in May to harvest. I like to have two grows a year, so then we start our summer grow in the green house.

3 Likes

Sitting here in zone 7 at 3 degrees dreaming of greenhouse winter grows.

5 Likes

Right!! @Jared 3° burr​:cold_face::cold_face:. Guess Ohio’s 28° is a heat wave.

Be safe & warm.

4 Likes

So what strain? Keep us posted. Blackouts can be a challenge and I think there are many who will benefit from the example
Sharing is caring… :grin:

2 Likes

Mike, I have a Purple Haze, Super Silver Haze, Mazar, OG Kush and Gold Leaf. I have never grown these before, so this is the fun part. I really have had to use the black out once, to allow one plant to flower that wanted to be difficult. You cannot see it but I have a mark on the redwood poles in each pot to mark the height I want prior to flowering so they do not hit the top of the green house. I will train and top to shape each plant to finish about a cubic meter. I will post pictures as I go.

5 Likes

Jared - Adcrag,
I have been monitoring my greenhouse over the last couple of weeks as I prepared for this grow. So far the temp inside averages 75 - 90 during the day and down to 48 at night. This is my first winter outdoor grow so my fingers are crossed on the temp, My hope is to use the start of spring to fire up the buds.

3 Likes

:eyes::eyes: we’re watching and waiting

2 Likes

Following, hope you don’t mind. I need to learn the pole marking.

Hi, kmac03
I do not mind questions at all. From experience I have learned that most of my plants will stretch to about twice the height they are once I put them into flower. I mark the pole to remind me to shape or top to this height, so the finished plant does not touch the top of the green house. My goal is a to shape the plant the diameter of the planter and 6” short of the top of the house at harvest. I really do not use time to grow or flower, I want to use size of the plant and finished bud to tell me.

2 Likes

Awesome. Looks like I arrived just in time. :star_struck: I’m going to have to have to clean out one tent and shuffle things about. I have a few surviving non-canna plants that I’m going to put in with my Agent Orange. French mullein gets quite tall and I’m spatially unaware, makes for an awesome combination in smallish spaces.

1 Like

Please keep updates. I am very interested in your thread.

I have used a ghetto temporary greenhouse forever in the winter to pollinate clones with males. I now have a proper greenhouse and am thinking just seedruns may be a waste of the space. I may have to keep my temporary greenhouse for seed runs, and my proper one for a winter harvest. My longing to try citrus is why I got the proper greenhouse ironically. Not the cannabis.

3 Likes

The more I’m reading about farming from the War era about our ancestors, it seems that our food and medicine plants produce better fruits/flowers/leafy greens with male canna, strategically placed. Think like a rooster to hen ratio here, if you are familiar.

1 Like

You could roll out a sleeping bag and sleep in there. Covid stay vacation. :tent:

1 Like

I’m super interested in what you guys are doing with the greenhouses. I wish I had the space :confused: but do you try to cultivate and make new crosses with strains. The more I learn about this beautiful plant the more I understand genetics and how Important it is for the final product.

1 Like

week 12 for my cream auto flower. Trichomes are cloudy but I like them to get amber before I harvest. I feel like it really helps in flavor to let the terpenes get really ripe. We’ve been having weather here in the 70’s here so I’ve been putting it outside during the day. I have to say something about the intense uv from the sun along with the cold night time temperature yhe smell has gotten so much stronger. I have read that uv rays bring out the terpenes more than any other wave length of light.

3 Likes

Hi Jonathan,
I use the greenhouse for two grows a year. It allows me 65gal cloth pots and 5 different strains. I do not make new strains, but instead grow the strains to make into cookies that help with different needs (migraine, pain, sleep…).
This is my first winter grow, I am supplementing the sun with a HPS light to allow for the shaping and the grow (I do not use time but size for when I allow flower. In Last summer’s grow I was able to have five very strong and high yield plants this way. I am looking for the winter grow to do the same.
FYI, the five strains I am growing are new to me, so I am flying blind and using notes from similar strains to help me with nutrients and watering. Once the plants are ready for flower, I will remove the light and move the pots around so I have ample space to work with the plants during flower.

1 Like

I’ve learned over the years thc content isn’t the only thing that gives you the high and experience I’m looking for. Studies have shown that there is alot hidden within the terpene glands. Over the years experiencing different grows along with alot hard facts that letting the plant form out to its full expression is far greater than just the thc.

3 Likes

Wuts up bro I myself am waiting for that amber to set in it just seems to be taking a bit the buds are bursting .but waiting patiently and am still trying to figure out that whole thc little bit lower but getting that couchlock effect more can u explain