Who Likes Grow-Off Competitions?

I’m working on a few competitions and getting sponsors involved for prize packs but how many of you would be interested in participating in a FORUM growoff, where all you have to do to enter is keep track of your grow on this FORUM. Anonymously :slight_smile: Much Love and Happy Growing!

6 Likes

@Kronic I’d be interested but how do we keep track of it anonymously? Lol

2 Likes

I’m in just let me know how and when

1 Like

Their account is the anonymity haha they’ll upload grow logs through their forum account to stay anonymous and I’ll message the winners privately :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kronic Schweet, and we just label each thread with our forum name and “Homegrown Grow Off Challenge Grow.”

Easy peasy.

1 Like

Oh yeah baby…BAM…Is Emeryl in the house? I’m in

1 Like

I never compete for prizes but love to follow competitions. Will be real interested in the watching this.

1 Like

I be interested, keep us posted!!

1 Like

Need some guidelines. A set soil mix or specific hydro brand. Maybe a strain showcase, where a strain is selected for the grow off. Etc

1 Like

Seem like it should be. Use what you use. To many competitions make you buy stuff just for that. I like a good Competition, if I can just jump right in the fire. Tons on Tons of knowledge should be shared there. Keep it a step by step grow journal.

3 Likes

I’d like to say I would, but I’m afraid I’d get overwhelmed in conjunction with my classes. However, I’d love to offer moral support to others. :v::herb:

3 Likes

It could be done, solo cup challenge, or clone challenge, mixed in there.

2 Likes

I like the idea of having a competition for a complete grow from beginning to end. No anonymity tho. Let us all be able to see everything. I agree with @Rye that there should be guidelines for the grow and guidelines for picking the winners. What good is a grow competition if you don’t have guidelines to follow in order to make it a fair competition? Simple guidelines tho. Even if its just one guideline, like the solo cup challenge, it will make it run much more smoothly. I like the idea of voting for the winners by everyone on the forum tho. It would be more fun that way. Get everyone involved, even if they aren’t in the competition.

3 Likes

Anonymity is for those who do NOT WISH to make a private issue PUBLIC. This is not a public forum, it is private and if it went no firther than this forum, I agree but there are users here who will sponsor, support and provide prizes. They have a right to benefit of the publication off the competition but must / should respect our privacy. Most of us with FB, Twit, etc, have our private lives tied up in there and do not want to publicize our private parts

3 Likes

I like Stevens idea of no anonymity. I get pretty emotionally involved in everyones grows it just wouldent be the same not putting an face to each grow. I know i really dont know what most of you look like unless you use an picture for an avitar but in my mind i have a mental picture of every participant on this form based on there coments.

3 Likes

You are right of corse Mike just a shame society has such influence on our behaviors.

2 Likes

@sc13oldie @Rye Great ideas! So I’ll have a group of judges, one of the judges will be the entire forum by likes on grow links - which I’ll make a forum with posts to every single one of the growers entries, it will be up to each individual person on the forum to go look through them and like the ones they like best. We’ll add a vote for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd based on like counts! I love the solo cup idea too whomever said that first, we’ll add that within the initial competition. I’ll try to make this as goodie packed as possible and easy for anyone with any amount of time and space to enter :smiley: even if you only do a solo cup grow we’ll have a spot! Great ideas… now I have to get writing! Just know Diamond Cut Co has already said they’ll be getting involved… So get hyped I’m working hard :wink:

6 Likes

Exciting this will be my young padawans…I know there are other YT’s / bloggers and I do not object to this being a multi site extravaganza. Each sponsor can get their views, each blogger can get their subscriptions and all us contestants are in a win win. Multi contest would be great with each providing their own prizes. We could have a Solo cup, an auto, a photo, best LST, etc. So many different opportunities for prizes. Raffles, most votes…on and on. Each party gets their product out there and the viewers from different blogs get to meet and be part of someone else’s. What better way to increase viewership than that?

3 Likes