Which pots are better

Which type of pot planters are the best n sizes to get

2 Likes

Best pots are based on what you are growing (auto / photo), environment (tent, closet, room), and expected results. So start at beginning:
What strain
Grow environment (strain, hydro or soil, light, grow area size)
results desired (full grow, just a finished product)

2 Likes

If you wanting just a general good size, 5 gallon. But as stated previously, it really depends on your grow. For autos I prefer 3-5 gallon containers. For photos it depends on their current size. Some people like the grow bags over the solid pots. I’m currently using 7 gallon plastic grow bags, because I have them on hand, why buy when I dont beed to?

3 Likes

I’m trying fabric 3 gal on my next grow. On concerned about watering needs.

But my friends here will steer me right or left lol

4 Likes

Grow bags will help dry soil and improve aeration. I’ve seen some of you grow. 10 gallon will get you a little bigger bush. And more room for lst. As for as brand read the reviews. See what people say about them.
Stay High my Friend

4 Likes

When it says 3 gallon it is only 75% of that. 5gal. Is just over 3.5. 7 gal. Is really about 5 gal. 10 gal. Is 7.5. If you want true 5 gal. Get the 7 gal.
Stay hight my friend.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that, I’m ording 5 gal for next grow.

4 Likes

Sorry you asked about watering. You still water the same. Wet to dry. Just more often. 5 gallon will fit in a milk crate so it don’t sit in water. Stay High my Friend

3 Likes

I’m running off of 1s and 3s now. Didn’t even mean to do it that way.

Looks like I’m late to this party, too. Haha! Sorry, y’all!

1 Like

I am thinking of trying the fabric pots on my next grow. Now with the plastic buckets I have been able to drill holes along the top rim so I can get wires and bend my growing tips down. That is not possible with the fabric pots, is it? Is there a problem with them keeping their shape…and any recommended ones? I’ve been checking out the Vivosun as they are quite affordable.
Thank you for any recommendations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Following for knowledge as I have a ton of fabric pots and not enough cash for new plastic. Honestly, @Kris, I was considering just punching holes in the side and using some sandwich ties I have accumulated.

2 Likes

I PUNCH a hole with a pointy object…then thread a pipe cleaner through it, make a loop and tie down to that. Do not tie down to the handles, then you have issues lifting it. Once filled with substrate, they keep their shape

4 Likes

I need a new knife. I keep getting the mental reminder. I used to carry these and I miss them alot. Overkill for what I’m doing?

2 Likes

They look a lot cooler than mine

:grin:

3 Likes

Hahahahaha!! I’m dying over here. I guess yours don’t have any seatbelt cutters. :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s good to know that it can be done, thank you. I currently have 3 plastic buckets I’m using but one out of 3 plants is not doing well and I’ve read somewhere on this forum that some plastic buckets may be made of something not good for plants…as well as it’s possible there are some lingering chemicals from what was in it beforehand.

I purchased a gazillion (perhaps an exaggeration) yards of gardening wire so that should make it easy.

Do you have any brand you would recommend?

2 Likes

If it’s not coated, buffer it somehow. I learned the hard way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you (again). It sounds like the way to go…do you have any brand you would recommend?

1 Like

This really has been working quite well, but thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Simple stuff escapes me sometimes. Haha! I was like, “Well, I have no idea why that seedling seems to have lost it’s head.” Then, I felt bad once it clicked. :v:t2: :joy: