Where do you place you sensors?

So I have been playing around today with my temperature and humidity sensor placement. I use 2 different “systems”. A typical wireless Hygrometer/temperature for monitoring. For actual climate control I use the Inkbird ITC-308 for exhaust fan and input fan control, and the IHC-200 for humidifier/dehumidifier control.

My monitor probe I keep at dirt level. My climate control probes, I put the temperature one IN the top of the canopy, and humidity probe at the same level.

I’ve noticed vastly different readings if you move them, especially if the temp probe get too much light, but the humidity control needs to be properly placed as well, or it reads crazy.

So where do you guys take your readings from?

2 Likes

Hey @Rye I have multiple readers as every part of the tent kind of is different in a sense. Depending on air flow some spots may sit higher humidity than others however if you can create a positive VPD for yourself generally there’s enough air flow moving around that your readers should be relatively close. But I have one at the bottom, one mid level and one at the top! Hope this helps - Kronic

1 Like

I find myself chasing the VPD sometimes. But I also run at a negative air pressure most of the time (22ish hours a day at about -1.2) so I can run higher temps along with the VPD. My biggest issue is getting rid of the excess moisture (RV down) pulled from the plants, soil etc from the neg pressure. I’m able to exchange enough to keep the co2 good without adding any externally.

1 Like

@Rye maybe try implementing a positive VPD - keep the temps and stressors / co2 the same (I do 84 - 86 degree hot times for 3-5 hours a day to help resin boost and Calvin bond co2). The positive pressure will prevent those humid spots. Negative pressure is a headache as your humidity has to be a lower humidity as you end up keeping moisture locked in your tent so it takes longer to dissipate. It takes a lot more to get dialed in. But I’d say reduce humidity and allow the excess humidity to dissipate with the heat in the space if you want to continue to run negative pressure :slight_smile: I think that may help your problem that or add a dehumidifier for the excess.

Now that all my plants are in full flower I’m running into low humidity problems. Well not necessarily problems, its holding steady at 45% on its own. My biggest issue so far has been heat, and not too bad of issues. I can chase vpd like some do ppm, but as long as I’m close I’m happy.

2 Likes