When to feed hydro plantsor seedlings

my seedling or plants have been in hydro for 2 weeks when is the best time to do a water change and nutrients ,bloom ,micro etc they are approxmiately 2.5 inches talla of now.

1 Like

@chevyriderup I generally feed about week 3 and I start with 1/4th of what’s recommended for the formulas until I can dial in exactly how much they want. You can always add more! Sucks wasting nutrients. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@chevyriderup @Kronic is spot on. Sometimes less is more. It’s much easier to fix and treat a deficiency than a toxicity. Also, saving money on nutrients is always a plus. Lol

1 Like

@MDBuds nothing like wasting a full 5 gallon reservoir cause you’re too high in ppm :frowning: happened to me so many times my first grow hahaha learned really quickly LOL

1 Like

I find that everyone has there own method when it comes to feeding schedules. I personally start out at 1/2 strength nutes from the time the plants show leaves and by the 2nd week I have them on a full nute feeding schedule. 3x a day for 10min each feeding. Through veg I check res every 2 days top off when needed only using my base nutes to reestablish proper ppm’s and ph is at a constant 5.80-5.85.

This is just what works for me. You will have to kinda play around with it to find what your plants like.