What's up here?

New question. Any idea what’s going on here? Gelato photo period in a greenhouse

2 Likes

Well I don’t see really any clawing, drooping, or burned tips so I’m thinking a likely early stage nutrient deficiency. Doesn’t appear to be over watering or underwatering as the leaves still look pretty healthy aside from the yellowing. I’d ph the soil and make sure it’s between 6.2 and 6.8 to rule out nutrient lockout. If the ph is fine and your watering schedule is good I’d suggest adding a bit more pk and some calmag to your feedings.

I’d also check your light distance since the yellowing seems to only be on the new growth toward the top. Just to rule out light burn before increasing nutes if soil ph is healthy.

Thanks, that makes sense. I did ph the soil, and its good. I’m going to try the calmag.

Appreciate the help again.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. You need some PK (phosphorus and potassium) and sulfar, iron, and zinc as well. Mix the PK and micro nutrient booster with just a bit of calmag in your feedings. As I suspected since you’re in early flower it was likely a PK and iron, sulfar, zinc deficiency based on the pattern of the yellowing. You need more pk during flower and calcium and magnesium help the plant take up pk and other micronutrients. Just a little goes a long way though so mix just enough extra for a light/medium feeding with your normal nutes and adjust as you go based on the plant’s needs.

3 Likes

Might be a Auto I bought Auto seeds and got a Photo in the batch oh well

1 Like

If it lives we’ll find out soon enough.

Thanks for all the help. Now I have a new problem.
I’ve got the soil ph in the middle 6 range
Fed, including cal mag
Spraying with neem oil
What can this be?

1 Like

That’s necrosis from late stage calcium deficiency with a bit of nutrient burn and maybe some acid burn from the neem if using undiluted. I’d trim off the worst of the leaves and dilute the neem a bit more and only use it on the plants before the sun rises. Monitor the new growth to be sure your calcium deficiency is handled because the old growth will keep the spots even after correction. If the new growth is healthy your nutrient issue has been addressed properly.

1 Like

If you’re using neem treatments i doubt it’s mites or thrips but I’d check for those anyway just to be safe.

1 Like

I think I had the same or similar problem. Possibly from not diluting your neem oil enough and spraying it on too heavy. The sunlight gets amplified by the neem and burns your plants.

1 Like

Thanks guys, im diluting it correctly. Could it be that I lowered the soil ph to quickly with aluminum sulfate? The ph was really high and I dosed it pretty heavy to get it down.

@Victor Did you get any of the aluminium sulfate and water on your plants? That can cause an acid burn easy. If you brought the acidity down too low it can block out calcium and magnesium. They both are more bioavailable closer to a neutral ph. Do you know your soil ph?

1 Like

The yellowing leafs looks like iron definitely

1 Like

Thanks for all the help. I think its my cheap ph meter.
Its telling me the soil ph is sky high again, and I just don’t believe that. I used the aluminum sulfate and I ph my water to around 6.6. I bet I’ve lowered the ph to much. I’m going to get a test kit and try that.

1 Like

@Victor Try a slurry test using your water ph meter. Mix 1 part soil to 1 or 1.5 parts distilled water and mix it up then let it settle a few times. After about the third mix let it sit for about 20 minutes then test the ph with your ph pen and it should give you a close to accurate reading while you wait for your test kit to arrive.

1 Like

@Victor also, what soil ph meter are you using?

1 Like