What's going on?

My iced grapefruit is doing great but she is showing white filaments? at the top. What is going on? Is this some type of pre bloom? Sorry about the color in the pic the fluffy stuff is white. My plant is a photoperiod. Started back in April and she is hip high.

1 Like

Your girl is going into flower!!

1 Like

Thanks. I wonder why. She is on an 18/6 and my other plants aren’t showing this at all.
I only have one tent, any advice.

if she is flowering on an 18/6 schedule, either she is an autoflower (blooms based on time/age, not exposure to light) or she stressed. If she is a photo period, then you have to be careful that she could go back in to veg mode with this kind of light schedule. What are the strains you are growing?

Mike, the one that is showing this an iced grapefruit. To my knowledge she is a photoperiod and if she is an auto she is huge for an auto from the pics I have seen. My others are: strawberry cough, super lemon haze and a granddaddy purple. The other 3 are looking like they should just this one looks like this. She just started this a couple of days ago.

i also have some outdoor photo plants showing what looks like pre-flower, so ill follow this post. it seems early to me…?

if she is flowering on an 18/6 schedule, either she is an autoflower (blooms based on time/age, not exposure to light) or she stressed. If she is a photo period, then you have to be careful that she could go back in to veg mode with this kind of light schedule.
take a new pic…show the plant from the side…I would like to see it in its whole view, not an overhead

She looks healthy in that pic. Has she been in the same pot since April?

The rest of your plants - are they similar in size? It might be time to go ahead and flip all of them to flower.

If they haven’t had a new pot since April you might want to transplant to a larger pot before flipping. Rule of thumb is to double the size of the pot.

My strawberry cough is about 2 weeks older than the iced grapefruit. These two are very close to each other in size. The other 2 plants are about 4 four weeks behind the strawberry cough and iced grapefruit. I transplanted in June to 5 gal. They have been growing like crazy so they may need a new pot.

If they’re not all the same height, you could make up a “booster seat” to sorta average them out.

If you do decide to flip, you’ll probably want to transplant. They’ll spend 2 months in there at least and you won’t want to change pots once they’ve started work. You could skip that step but it will affect yield.

2 Likes

I’ll get you one in a couple of days Mike. I’m helping a friend going into hospice.

2 Likes

Can some please help mi out??? I germinate 4 blue widows and them i planted them after…n its week 2 and they have not yet poke there heads out…they are still in the dirt. Can someone hlp.

They’re gone to the big grow in the sky man sorry. Ive lost a few in transfer from the paper towels too.

3 Likes

Thanks bro…HAPPY GROWING​:v::v:

2 Likes

peer through the dirt to see if they are still viable…if not…as CurrDogg says

1 Like

Goodday to ya…I’m far from the Maestros growers on the site here…I’ve grown my share of outside pot…I’ve used the paper napkin method and have killed seeds by damaging the root tail…Why take the chance to just see a tail…I drop my seeds in a glass of water for 24 hours…Usually the seeds are still floating, but tap the seed and if it sinks, I stick it in a seedlings puk…If it’s going to take, then it’ll take…The same as a napkin, but safer in my opinion…Happy Trails to you

2 Likes

Thanks bro that means alot✌

1 Like

Last time I just popped em right in the soil…. :astonished: I know, it voids all warranties.

Most of them came up in 3-4 days but I had one that didn’t. I waited 3 days and started another one in different pot. It’s been 5 weeks and it’s all caught up to the others. Looking back I’m pretty sure I overwatered the last one after it didn’t come up. Probably before that too.

3 Likes

Thanks fam…yu guys are the best on here.

2 Likes

Mike, sorry about the delay. Here’s a top pic and a side pic. Let me know if you want another.