What's going on?

this is good…these are both sativa dominant…thus the thin sparse buds…you do not get BIG buds with these strains…I do not see many trikes or pistils so early flower…
you are at a strategic point…continue in the 5 gal pot and accept a smaller harvest…or transplant…but if you do, go to a 10 gal, not 7…
there is enough time for healing / flowering
harvest time should coincide with fall (late sept, early oct…or a little later depending on conditions). Have you switched nutes to flower / bloom? If you are going to transplant, I would keep some Nitrogen in the mix to assist in some vegging
If you are leaving them as is, time to change to bloom nutes and lower the N

Thank you so much. You answered about 1000 questions. Yes, I know from pics I’ve seen Sativas don’t have dense buds. I use all my strains for various medical effects, pain, anxiety, etc. I just got my 10 gal in pots in and started to get things together for a transplant. No I haven’t started bloom nutes just using veg nutes. I think I’ll transplant like you are saying and add little N.

1 Like

if you are still on VEG nutes, there is enough N in there for now…later, as you move into mid flower, drop the N (that is where the Bloom / FLower nutes kick in)

1 Like

Thanks Mike. You are awesome. Thanks for the help particularly with nutes at this stage.

@Beth your flowering yay​:blush::blush:

1 Like

I have noticed that root binding plants is definitely a stressor that can trigger early flower. Even with longer photo period on the light. (I wonder if this would not have happened if you kept it at 20 hours. That would be the first variable I would try different next run. To be scientific. )

This can also work for you outdoor if you have slow sativa that gets too big. It also works indoor too as you can see. Honestly I would just flip the whole room. It looks like that girl is setting the pace for you. If you cannot re-pot, I would at least do a little top dressing. Even if you have to make it a little bit of a mound above the pot line. I would use compost, Or buy a hot mix like fox farms.

It looks like a really healthy grow👍

How did the flip go? Or did you keep it 18h?

Definitely check the dirt before you toss it out. I cant tell you how many times I’ve set discarded unsprouted pots to the side, only to find the small sad little stretched out seedling a month or two later.

One last tip is to gently dump the dirt out onto a tray, plate, or box. (Give it at least 14 days). I found my finger or a probe in the dirt can catch the edge of a sprout. It will usually snap right off. They are super brittle and breakable there. But if I gently pour out the pot the sprout will be A-OK. The most common thing I find is they somehow get their bearings wrong and the sprout is trying to push through the bottom of the pot. Like completely upside down. If you find this happening don’t grip the root/stem. I usually just hook under it with my small finger or a bent paper clip. No pinching. Then I plant it so the sprout it’s about level with the soil line. Even if there’s a crazy curly twist of roots going every which way. When they stretch down I have seen inches and inches of stem rolled into figure 8s as it’s trying to get its bearings. It’s crazy how long the sprouts stem roots can stretch. And still have a viable sprout.

I did get my 2 big girls transplanted into 10 gal pots and they are doing well. (I am shocked at this but pleased.) It’s about a week after transplant and both look like they feel better. I’m putting together a separate tent and I may go on and flip her and my other big girl early Sept. They are doing well right now and I’ll make up my mind at that time. In the ten gals bags, they are fat bottomed girls, whew. Glad I have a plant caddy and a wagon.

3 Likes