What to do with Leaf Trimmings

Exactly, just trim the bottom leaves. You also do need some fan leaves to help produce sugar so removing all is not a good idea. On auto’s I don’t remove anything

5 Likes

@Bill check out or Type in Search: How Do You Indulge? and Happy Hoildays How do you indulge?

Sep 2 - We spend months cultivating and babying our beloved plants. After all the time growing, drying and curing, our long waited for bud is finally ready to be enjoyed. What’s your favorite way to indulge in some fine homegrown? Pipe? Bong? Bubbler? Or maybe a good old fashioned hand rolled joint. What

2 Likes

@Khatru @Kronic Well Dang :v: First Link

This badge is granted the first time you add a link to another topic. Linking topics helps fellow readers find interesting related conversations, by showing the connections between topics in both directions. Link freely! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Huh… well @DollarBill, seems like you got an award for something you weren’t even trying to do! Pretty cool :laughing::+1:

1 Like

@Khatru yes, and i’m outa likes as usual :v:

3 Likes

@Khatru Curing in glass jars now! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Whoopee!!! Bet it will be…deluxe!!! I like variety but…a great variety! :slight_smile: I’ll try to grow again next spring. It’s a summer time job, even with just a few plants!

1 Like

@dmzimmie Happy Thanksgiving, Horse skinned me on the wall :racehorse: i feel no pain hahahaha :earth_americas: Let me remind the World, when we still have Christmas; there is still Hope for the Whole World :innocent: i’m Happy with Charcoal

3 Likes

I’m headed for Ft Lauderdale for Thanksgiving, 2nd year for 3 of us old friends to get together. I’m wanting to take some of my good stuff…we’ll see! Yea, I’d be happy with charcoal, but HEY…don’t get me wrong, I DO like more than charcoal, if it’s given! HAHAHAHAHA Yes, I think there’s still some hope for the Whole World!!! I tip my pipe to you! HAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

@MDBuds My plants are beginning week 3 of flower. Do you think i can get away with a trim underneath the net or leave as is now? A little bushy for my liking.

2 Likes

There is controversy over this. Are they auto or pheno? Personally, I trim those larger lower fan leaves. Do just a couple at a time and you can see if it affects the plant. I schwazz my pheno and auto pretty much up to the last 2 weeks. Watch Kronic (from this site) youtube video, he also does and explains about it.
Here is one of my Girl SC auto I just clipped 2 days ago. She is a month.5 old (sprouted 10/1)

She is just beginning to flower. You can see some of the fan leaves I trimmed. This was her at 8 days old (10/8)
She has a sister, planted SAME DAY, same medium,same feed schedule, light (actually position swapped daily to insure they get same light coverage) and her sister is half her size and no flowers yet. I topped big sister and fimmed the runt, that was the only difference. I overdid one feeding where I gave them the wrong nutes (gotta label my bottles better) and they had a little burn but that was like 5/6 days ago. Flushed a little wiith plain ro water. They are still recovering but doing well. I am doing 24/0 on the lights and dropping temps 10degrees at night with lower humidity. This is first thing am pic and you can see temp/humid meter. These are HGC seeds

3 Likes

@2Grow4Love If you are doing scrog yeah you can still trim under the net through flower. Usually you want to do your final trim around week 2 but week 3 won’t hurt. You just want to avoid trimming week 5 and beyond when the plant is producing the most terpenes and trichomes to avoid any potency loss.

2 Likes

Just a small bong for me

1 Like

Yeah today starts week 3 of flower so im going to get my trim done today! As always thanks for the knowledge and Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Yes, it’s good to stay up to date!! Have a good Sunday

1 Like

Question to the group:
What are the maximum number of points on a leaf that you’ve grown?
Also, is there any significance to the number of points on a leaf?
My max is 11!!! (White widow I’m currently growing)

4 Likes

There is no significance really to the number of fingers. It just shows how much the plant wants light. Thinner sativa style fingers will have more where as broader indica style will have less. It’s an evolutionary trait to increase the surface area of the leaf but maintain airflow.

Sativas are naturally from equatorial climates that have high humidity so they grow more thin fingers to reduce their chance of disease and mold.

Indicas are naturally in higher light lower humidity climates so they grow broader leaves to protect the plant from light and to keep more water.

Hybrids are crazy sometimes because they’ll turn on genetic switches for either or depending on the climate they’re in sometimes regardless of the phenotype.

If you grow indica dominant hybrid phenos in a high humidity environment sometimes they’ll turn on their sativa genetics and grow looser buds and have thin fingered leaves with with longer nodal spacing.

If you grow sativa dominant hybrid phenos in a high light low humidity environment they’ll turn on their indica genes and have broader leaves, shorter nodal spacing, and tighter buds.

It’s crazy to watch.

5 Likes

Wow @Bill thats the most ive seen. Pretty cool

2 Likes

@Bill Cool Pic bill, Color is nice

1 Like

@Bill we freeze our leaves and some fresh wet cut bud making what we want or need

2 Likes