What to do when the heat outside is 90 to 100

Whats up guys? I just started growing outside for the first time ever. In this intense heatwave what is the danger temperature for outside plants? do you put them in the shade. Thanks Keep on keeping on!

1 Like

Hello, and welcome! There is a thread on here for outdoor growing and the sub heading is about how the outdoor growers have been dealing with the heat. That, my friend, would be a great place for info you seek.I will see if I can’t find it for you.

2 Likes
1 Like

I lost a few that were in the garden but I moved everything potted into the shade. I lost 2 only…the rest are surviving. I expect my buds t be airy, not dense, due to the tremendous heat but potency is not really affected. Our heat hit 118 and has been 110+ for a few weeks. We get a mid 90’s reprieve here and there but average is 106°f right now and +110 expected next week again

3 Likes

I am quite pleased to say that all 5 plants are doing very well. With air circulation and air exchange they seem to be unaffected by the heat. I do not have an air conditioner. I just harvested my Gold Leaf plant and was happy with the results. My green house will top out at 95, but with all the air movement I think the plants are going to be fine. This is not to say that I have not been baby sitting them and doing everything I can to help keep them cool during this heat. As Mike pointed out and I am seeing, the density is not as good, but the strength should be great. The weight is the same as I would have expected so no real loss.

2 Likes

It’s good to have a tarp handy few sticks in case you need to block the sun help me out

1 Like

Hey – so good to see you here. How you been? Sorry for hijacking your thread @Toddelving – just gotta say hi to an old friend.