What is the best LED for a 3x3 veg & flower

Viparspectra TC600 is what i have now

@teed welcome to the forum.

@2Grow4Love man you plants are looking good. Personally Iā€™ve found plants in general do better under a white or full spectrum vs the blurple lights. There might be some actual studies done on it but I donā€™t have any links. It does not matter though what matters is you growing and buying what you like.

Iā€™ve spent a decent amount of time researching the subject, and boiled it down to a few things I see as important to us growers.

1 manufacturer of LED diodes, theres only a few in the whole world, Samsung, Cree etc. Who makes them determines how well made and how efficient (light vs heat vs wattage) they are.

2 who assembled the components. This will determine how good the quality and warranty is. Some are assembled by the manufacturers and some are not.

3 warranty and price. These are directly affected by the first 2 items and have a direct relationship to each other.

4 driver/power supply. A decent one is not cheap, a good one cost almost as much as some lights. This is a big factor in how long your lights last, how bright they are, nd how hot they are.

Most lights you see under name brands on Amazon and such will all use the same components, they add their stickers and flair to differentiate themselves.

There are several really good videos in YouTube. I highly suggest LED gardner both his youtube Nd the website/blog.

1 Like

I have a spyder farmer and an off brand quantum board thatā€™s supposed to have all the same pieces. Iā€™m in the process of comparing them.

I would recommend that whatever light you get that it has all spectrums from 400nm-720nm. Research ā€œthe Emerson effectā€ this will help you understand what the plants need and which light to go forward with :+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the info!

1 Like

Thanks @Rye im sure trying over here lol. They are in week 4 of flower. White widow autoflower and Blueberry cross with Jack H autoflower. They are my pride and joy for the last 2 months. Im starting a pheno hunt with my ganddaddy purple seeds next run.

2 Likes

Keep loving them, its working.

1 Like