What is on the leaf?

So if I wanted to do a soil that does not require additional amendments, what would you recommend?

I don’t need to be lugging 40lb bags of s**t around my house. :sunglasses: :smile: :v:t6:

I figured I could put about 4-3 gal bags/pots in my cabinet. But getting around the trellis is always a big WTF.

How do you guys get around the netting???

Take a peak at @dmtscravey - he is using nets. Most everyone uses either some kind of packaged starter soil - Fox Farm, Black Gold, Epsoma Organic, Kellogg Organic…It is potting soil with amendments. You can usually get all the way up to flowering with minimum to no additional nutrients. We add things like teas, sugars, etc., along they way as needed, desired. I use 3 gal cloth bags. You can easily fit 4-6 in your grow area. I buy bags at Ace Hardware for 1.5cuft at 16.00 and usually have a 5 coupon. I add perlite (from Lowes at 5 a bag). You pretty much have everything else so a couple bags in the garage and you are set. I move my plants all the time. I move them to a table to trim, train, and even set them out on sunny days for a little R&R. Sometimes I will goto a 5 gal bag for photo strains. I only grow auto for the winter so it can all fit in my tent. I have 32 sq ft of floor space and a 6.5 tall tent so I can stand in it. No bending over for this old dude, I would crack in half.
I use pvc sched 40 and create a holder for my trellises when I do SOG. I do small ones, like 2-3 x 2-3 foot squares / rectangles, 4 to 6 uprights, open tops so I can move my nets up / down. Mostly I just grow with no canopy (except for trying to get each plant to have a canopy), no nets, I have plenty room for each plant and do not want the added time it takes to scrog, get around a trellis. I am happy just topping and fimming here and there and a few lst bends…Im good.

I actually haven’t used any Nets yet. But I am planning on trying it I think because I have never done it and I like to try things I haven’t done before. But all of my grows are just free hand if they need tied up I tie onto the main stalk and use counterweight buds on the other side and don’t use netting. Here’s a plant that I tied up before and all I did to it was prune I did not top or fimmed this plant it is before I was into that

4 Likes

Thanks, man I’m going to chew on the info. If you guys don’t use nets, then maybe…
So growing the way y’all grow, would y’all say you average an oz a plant?

If everything goes right, anywhere from 12 grams to 1/4 lb, sometimes more. Depends on strain, feeding, training. But, on average 6-8 containers in a tent 4x4. There are some who attain 1/4lb per plant x 4 plants

The Blackwater plant in the picture above pulled just under 5 oz of dried cured bud. This was my last growth it was a purple kush fem and it pulled just over 8 oz of dried cured bud which I have been smoking on since September sometime I believe

3 Likes

Damn 8oz. Wow. !!!

It’s my best plant to date the spear on the right was 26in long and the main Colas was 24 in Long and 10 in in diameter it was a crazy plant

5 Likes

Here are some Day 47 pics. If you see somethin’, say somethin’,please. :sunglasses: :laughing: :v:t6:

![Day 1 of Week 6-6|375x500]
(upload://67rwAXeXxSTm3OUgZDLGpsEwpTh.jpeg)

BTW, I’ve inspected those leaves that look brown/purple. The color does not appear to be random. There seems to be a symmetry to the way the color appears on the leaves.
Or am I a dumb ass who is lookin’ at a nitro deficiency?

Do you add CO2 to your tents?

1 Like

Those are some phenomenal looking buds @dmtscravey!! Sad part is they lose a huge amount of weight by the time they dry/cure. My biggest single plant dry/cure harvest was just over 3 ounces. Best I could do are these:

4 Likes

Oz never did give nothin to the titanium man, or something like that. :rofl:

I’ve only got a bit of titanium wire wrapped around bone grafts in my neck, where the original fusion partially failed. The rest is all bone implants to stitch the neck together. It’s really crunchy these days, but I’m not going there again, after twenty five years, two surgeries, a year of daily rehab, etc. I’m more concerned about the lower back and hip damaged many years ago. When I wake up some days and can’t feel the foot….
Getting old sucks when you’ve abused the body, but then again I’ve buried younger brothers, so I’m the lucky one???

I know what you mean. I am now the patriarch and that is a scary thing. I’ve buried those younger than me and it is hared to not have this sit in the back of your mind. It NAGS me all the time and the older I get, the more it nags me. Specially since I got married late (50’s) and my kids are 24, 14 and 10. I only got one through college and the way the world looks now, I am not sure about tomorrow any more. I don’t know if we can make it through today. Never been this befuddled in my life