What do yall think

Aight yall… Opinions on readiness? New moon today and im wanting to harvest these ones. I see amber but im wanting to also​:grin: the first are Harleys and i want wake and bake (energetic) high for some of it. Also for the Bruce Almighty was wanting a gurl or 2 to be as well. That purple is making me drool :grin: 7wks 5days in flower.

3 Likes

@Kojak all I can see is white in your pictures even if I magnify I cannot see the trichs…lots of frost for sure!

1 Like

Hard to hold steady in Macro mode… Can’t figure out how to use the loupe and camera together… The smells on these gurls is sweeter than they were. Less rhubarb more fruity :grinning: that makes me think they ripe. First time is nerve racking… I really don’t want to waste all the hard work on a few days here at the end.

I use the TAKMLY microscope and it connects to the Iphone. I put the phone on a tripod so both of my hands are free to hold the scope and adjust the magnification for what I need to see and then snap a picture.

3 Likes

you need to be able to see the trichomes at this level

2 Likes

I do, I just can’t get pics… I think I’mma harvest 2 of each at 8wks(12/8) and the other 5 at 10 wks… unless the Amber comes on strong. Good thing about having so many I guess :grinning:

2 Likes

WOW! didn’t realize you had that many growing…if they all produce well you will be spending a lot of time at harvest.

2 Likes

I just placed an order for one of those, thanks for the suggestion. You mentioned it before but I didn’t get around to ordering it back then.

Drooling in MS. Also

@CurrDogg420 I like it so easy to use and reasonable price… actually on sale at Amazon right now

Looking pretty good. An older grower I know says “wire me don’t tire me” in reference to letting the trichomes go longer. I tend to agree. You can probably go a little longer.

2 Likes

I’m in the same category as the OP. I’m seeing big juicy buds on my Strawberry Cheesecakes.
How accurate are the predicted times for Autos?
According to the instructions, my earliest harvest should be Dec 17th.
Don’t want to bring the crop in early. They are doing so well. But I don’t want to be asleep at the wheel.

Not sure if my images are good enough. Like others, I am probably over reacting.

Looking at the leaves will not give you a good idea when to harvest, those trics will go amber before the ones on the bud itself. It’s the bud you smoke, watch here for best results. I have found that the flower times in seed ads to be optimistic at best. Usually, one to two weeks to early, take your time and let nature do its thing, you’ll be happy you did

2 Likes

Yeah, when I posted that, I was way early. In the last couple of days, the trikes went from clear to milky. I’m expecting to harvest this weekend.

Here is an excellent YouTube and it’s only 4 minutes.

The key point in the video is that the bud is at peak THC when the trikes turn milky As they turn amber, the trike is degrading and so is the THC. But, there is usually a growth spurt when they turn opaque so it is worthwhile to allow since trikes to turn amber since the total volume of THC will exceed the loss in degradation.
What makes the video convincing is that they use scientific instruments to measure the THC, rather then relying on anecdotal opinions.
This study was not concerned with taste quality or the like. Strictly THC strength.

1 Like

I have found that when the leaves start to change…the hairs will no longer stand up…in fact they will draw close to the buds then they are ready. But this is just a visual aspect I have picked up on…I still check now with a wi-fi linked microscope to verify. But don’t need it after 60 plants in the last year and a half. I can now just look and touch to know when.

1 Like