What am I doing wrong?

well i thank everyone for their tips and happy growing to all. For me i’m going to have to try elsewhere since seeds are so expensive

@MDBuds yeah they said i can get 1 replacement and they are sending me 7 new seeds. the issue with me is that i still have 18 seeds and with only 1 replacement per order i’m out of luck on the rest of these seeds

1 Like

@fredgs21 sterilize them first this time and give them a presoak in a kelp and molasses solution. It should help germination especially if they’re old seeds.

1 Like

@MDBuds @Daddy1971 @fredgs21 maybe its just the old man in me but…If my company sponsored a forum around what I produced or sold I would most certainly have someone monitoring that forum for what some might call "word on the street’ to get ahead of a potential issue instead of waiting until a number of customers complain about it…I have seen this seed germination issue come up in several threads so there is smoke…pun intended

1 Like

@MDBuds when you say Kelp can i use the germ genie they sent me with molasses?

@fredgs21 you sure can. Tested out the germ genie myself and it works just as good as liquid kelp.

1 Like

The way I do my seeds i don’t soak when I put in paper towels and if they don’t sprout in 48 to 72 hours i trash them and i agree with you @retiredoldguy I would keep check on my customers for germination rates

1 Like

@MDBuds what mix? i want to try it today since i have molasses

1 Like

@fredgs21 I do about 1-2 tsp per gallon of water. Works great. Soak my cocoa discs in it too. I mostly eyeball it then check pH. If pH is too low I add another splash of kelp to bring it up. If it’s too high I add another splash of molasses.

I try to keep pH between 6 and 6.5 for germination. 6 for coco discs and 6.5 for soil or paper towels.

1 Like

@Daddy1971 that sounds like it can end up getting expensive. I wait the full 7 days myself because some sprouts take longer than others.

1 Like

Well @MDBuds I’ve been through all of that with germination the waiting game i know what works best for me in my environment and I have great success and i only germinate 4 seeds at a time over the last few years ive only had couple seeds that did not sprout for me and i always take clones

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the tips. bottom line here is it’s a weed it should grow by just putting it in soil like i use to do in the early 80’s. with all the genetic breeding over the years has made it harder to grow if you ask me. with that said though you aint going to get me to give up on a beautiful sticky bud stash

2 Likes

@Daddy1971 Gotta love clones! At $10 to $15 per seed for a chance to grow vs $5 to $10 for a clone that already has a couple of nodes…no brainer for me! And that’s Craigslist pricing, now that I’ve got a buddy on a different cycle, all our clones are free!

3 Likes

Yes and i love free free free freeeee @spudgunner i love cloning too

if you guys need/ desire a few free seeds (just the cost of postage), hit me up. Only regular photo, no feminized. Then you have nothing to lose except a few bucks for the postage.
My method - fridge for minimum 3 days to simulate winter, soak in water 12 -24 hrs, unbleached coffee filters (taps never get stuck in fibers), then coffee filter in paper towel (maintains moisture level), in sealed baggie, closet or drawer…room temps.
What sprouts in 5 days sprouts, else dump them.
Bottled water

then I move them to peat pods 36m in a dome
covered till shoots reach the tops of the dome
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0834XQW5B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081BBRL6X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

don’t forget, HGCC offers guarantee germination. Keeps records, do not accept points credit, get replacement seeds

I have had success and failure with all seeds. Sometimes it happens

7 Likes

@Daddy1971 Yeah, up here our selection of seeds is limited. BC Bud was renowned as some of the best in the world back in the day, illegal as hell, no internet, no feminized seeds or autos. So how did you get plants? Clone! Nobody ever grew from seed up here, you wanted guaranteed consistent results.
Now it’s legal, the government has control. Yeah, I could buy seeds from their site, I think they have 3 or 4 phenos on it. Or buy from online black-market sources and take your chances that you get what you paid for, if anything.
Give me a clone and I know it will be female (nobody clones males!), and if YOU’RE growing it and took the time to clone it, it’s probably good! And from now on, FREEFREEFREE!

Low budget… The Kinks - Low Budget - YouTube

5 Likes

@Mrb53004 Thanks for the offer Mike, but I do like my clones! Shit, I’d clone myself if I could! Spare parts! Lol! Also worried about getting them across that border between us, controlled substances and all that shit!

I started back in the '80’s with seeds until I could afford to buy clones. I did have 1 plant, unknown where the seed came from (bottom of something I was smoking!), that didn’t come up with the typical opposing branch sets…came up with 3! and the next set, also 3. All of the branches came out in sets of 3 not 2. Very strange looking plant, definitely Indica, short bushy plant with super fat leaves. Fortunately she was a girl that grew beautiful pine cone buds. I took about 10 cuttings, 3 of which survived! And it was freaky good too, some of the best my middleman had tried (and he dealt with a LOT of growers back then, he owned one of the few hydroponic stores in the valley at the time!). Unfortunately the place we were renting sold and I couldn’t keep the line going…actually that was when I had to quit growing (late '92??).

@MDBuds , have you ever had a plant that came up with sets of 3 opposing branches rather than just 2? Curious what that was!

4 Likes

@spudgunner it’s just called a tri leaf mutation colloquially. I don’t recall the scientific name for the mutation at the moment. It’s harmless though. Grow it out and enjoy the extra yield.

@MDBuds I did, back in summer of '92! Was THE best plant I’d grown back then, would compare to today’s strains.
Polyploidy, maybe? I had friends with friends with disreputable friends who dabbled with colchicine back then, but I never got anything through those channels.

I think it’s not that clear-cut. I think if you really want to improve what you’re growing and be in charge of your own destiny you have to embrace both. What I mean is if you find a stand out amazing keeper strain be it potency, mold resistant, growth pattern, bud size, color of buds or trichomes, whatever. You have to clone that motherfucker you won’t have it again. But then comes the responsibility of making seeds. You must cross with that material and cross it back to keeper plants.

The winds of time could always shift again…and make it virtually impossible to ship seeds. It’s not a blue or red thing. Biden did not embrace cannabis and shame on democrats for not holding him to a pike over this. The only republicans embracing cannabis are all retired now and had a lot different message when they were on watch. It is not federally legal yet……

Call me crazy but I just have this feeling that the overall “tone” (for lack of better description), that all the legalizations that have happened are about the government controlling access to cannabis. And Fuck everyone who grows on their own. Even the states that allow it are doing our best to dial it back now. I guess I should say countries too, since very many of you are not in the USA.

:speaking_head:Make your own seeds. It is easy to do. Pass it on

4 Likes