We got us a freak of nature. Blueberry auto stretching

Currently growing only one plant. I lost a couple when my nursery got too dry, rh in the high thirties, and they failed before taking root. I corrected the moisture issue, adding an ultrasonic humidifier in the air intake.
The one blueberry seedling that survived long enough to sprout true leaves is now in early flower. I’ve lost track of the day count, but it’s five or six weeks ish, and a full 36 inches tall and still growing. The standard for the strain is about 30-32 inches. At 36” I’m all out of adjustment on the light hanger cords, and it’s still stretching. Last night I bent the top over, getting it out of the brightest light, a choice rather than sunburn but not ideal.

After the early issues, I told myself I was only going to water and feed this plant, and aside from an early tie down I released once the plant had snaked back toward the light anyway, I’ve not trimmed a single leaf. I’m feeding the FF liquid trio, half dosage, into FFOF in a five gallon fabric pot.

Forget the strain description, this beast is both slow and big. Plan is remove no live leaves, water when dry 1/2” down, and sf1000 light wide open, 18/6 into 55-60 rh at 78-80 daytime temp, slipping to 72-4 ish overnight. I’m hoping it’ll give decent yield at the end of it all, but it’s still investing itself in lots of vertical…

4 Likes

39” at about 8 weeks, and starting to fill out a bit.

3 Likes

Nine weeks, give or take a couple of days. A skinny hair short of forty inches. Bear in mind the strain description says it MIGHT get close to 100cm in ideal conditions, hydro, etc. ain’t nobody calling this result in FFOF with half dose of the FF liquid trio and 18/6 sf1000 light, with untested tap water.
I’m guessing it’s got another week or so, maybe longer, based on continuing new growth and only early looking color expressions in leaves. Tricomes are looking pretty dense, though I’m not seeing amber. Got some pretty decent buds though, and sugar leaves getting that Frosted Flakes look in some areas.

4 Likes

I use fox farm also and this is my baby at 9 weeks

3 Likes

I’ve since learned a thing or two.

I no longer use big pots indoors with autoflowers. In my 27 by 27 by 63 inch tent, three gallon pots, and LST tying down for about three weeks max seems the hot ticket for yield. I run the sf1000 light at 100%, and keep distance appropriate for the state of growth. My target is 12 weeks, but they sometimes finish early. Keeping vapor pressure in range helps also. Every day overwatered is a day lost, for example.

2 Likes

well you are doing something I am not…because my plants take at minimum 16 weeks to finish. I guess I am stressing them too hard sometimes. I have 60 autos under my belt and still learning. I use 5 gallon fabric pots all day long. I have a new photo tent with a mars hydro 300 watt light and just bought a new light for my auto tent that is mars hydro and 480 watts.

2 Likes

This plant needs to have LST ( tie down the limbs

1 Like

Somewhere in this mix is 2 blueberry plants. Of the seven plants 3 are kinda taking off and starting to stack up a bit, the other 4 are way behind for some reason. But seem to be about the same in the way that the 4 stragglers should finish about the same time I hope.

I have 4 photo plants that I changed the light schedule to 12-12 and are showing some signs of pre flower now. I was hoping the autos will be done by early December, maybe a few of them will, but the photo plants will likely go into next year. I guess I will be the first to know. :joy::joy: I’m hoping these will turn out more dense than my last grow, they got a bit heat stressed, they still smoke good and make great edibles, just not very dense. I feel with the temps getting cooler now they will do much better this grow.

1 Like

Nicely done! All looking good nice color no christmas tree looking plants great work :heavy_check_mark:

@Chasworks i haven’t been on here for a bit, here are some of the latest photos. The first picture is a mix of my 4 photo plants and 3 autos. I had to move the photo plants to my 4X4 text as they were getting pretty packed in the 3X3. But now the 4 autos I put in the 3X3 and getting really snug. I think the 3 autos mixed with the photos will be ready to chop in a few weeks.

These are all the auto plants before I mixed everybody up. All the plants are looking healthy, I tried an all organic soil and nutes for all the auto plants. The soil additive smelled like straight shit for quite awhile but the plants loved it.

I will be harvesting these soon, maybe a few weeks still.

3 Likes

nice, but not heavy enough

Looking good in there! You will be smoking some quality weed soon! Excellent job! I haven’t had any luck with free auto’s. I can’t get most to germinate! Its been tricky and i am a seed to smoke guy :yin_yang::ballot_box_with_check::100:

1 Like

My last 2 grows my auto plants have averaged 2-3 oz per plant, no complaints here about that. Some were in 1 gal pots and some were in 3 gal pots. My photo plants always have a much better yield results.

1 Like

If its good quality smoke thats num one for me: you can fill your tent with plants for yield if thats your major concern: aren’t we in this to grow our own quality smoke? Or are we trying to get hired as a grower?

3 Likes