Vivosun Air inline fan

I have bought an vivosun air inline fan with the vivosun carbon filter. I don’t seem to know as to how it has stopped having air flow from the outside.

@Rudog0528 make sure to try and make the duct run as short as possible and use metal duct clamps or foil tape, to seal. Is the fan motor humming or is the blade working smoothly?

@Rudog0528 you may have hooked it up backwards with air going to the filter instead of air going away from filter…

1 Like

recommendation…Move the filter outside the tent and use the openings as intake vents. Air enters from the bottom (co2 is heavier) and hot air expels from the top…It also gives you more headroom in the tent…
I have one vent open on bottom left, top right vent is attached to 6" tube going OUTSIDE and down the right side of my tent. I give up NO HEADROOM for the exhaust…It gives me more room or taller plants. I can get my lights within 12" of the top of the tent so I have 5 feet grow (12" from light to top of plant - that accounts for 2 feet in my 7 foot tent). Negative pressure as the fan SUCKS air OUT of the tent. If I need it balanced, I insert my small 6" intake fan to the lower left corner and it balances negative / positive flow

1 Like

@retired no I didn’t have it the wrong way. I did change the direction now to where I have the duct sucking air from the top of the tent to the floor. I do need to get a new filter tho but after this next grow I will.

Everything is working smoothly I might just need a new filter tbh. But I did move it out for more space. @CkNugz

@Rudog0528 hey man good to hear you figured it out…My carbon filters get replaced yearly, I run them all the time and after a year I can tell the air going into the tent is reduced. No smell but airflow starts to get restricted

1 Like

@retiredoldguy, do you reverse the filter canister at some point prior to replacing it?

Ive only had mine for about 6 months and I haven’t noticed any flow reduction yet. But my VivoSun and AC infinity filters both recommended reversing the filter canister so that it draws from the other end, when you start to notice a reduction in flow. You can remove the duct flange and end cap, and then reassemble them on opposite side of the canister.

I ask somewhat rhetorically because if I recall the instructions weren’t translated all that great with the VivoSun. It only dawned on me what they were trying to say after I picked up an AC infinity to run on my intake side.

I buy pre- filter covers and switch out every 6 mos
I also place the cartridges in the sun as sunlight re-activates charcoal

@CurrDogg420 @Mrb53004 I don’t reverse because in my mind logic tells me this is a short term solution. The idea is that, that end of the filter didn’t suck in as much air as the front of the filter closest to the fan so in theory it should be less clogged. I don’t use the covers because I have a clean enough environment and the covers just reduce airflow in my setup. I did not know about putting the filters in the sun to rejuvenate them…I need to research this.