Viparspectra 450W/V450

I currently have a Viparspectra 450W LED with both Veg and Bloom switches. I have heard people say flip both on from the beginning and i have also heard that some people use veg switch only for the 1st week or two then switch both on after that. Can anyone that has used this light with success please give me any input. It would be deeply appreciated.

I cannot speak of Viparspectra but I am sure it is like most other led’s. I have a 480 watt mars hydro and a 300 watt. I use them both at full power and my biggest problem was the 480 was too close for a period an d hurt my plants…I have thus adjusted and no problems

Thank you! The light i have is 200 watts off the wall with both switches on.

imho you could run all day long full blast…but I guess it depends on your space and your goals…I push my girls to the limit and I don’t see how 200 watts could even make a hurtful dent in your plants unless you are not utilizing it fully. Make those plants call you papi, they are your bitches.

Thanks again and appreciate your patience. I am in a 2x4 grow tent and plan to put the 2nd light in at flower because it has a 2x2 flowering input

Sounds like a good plan to me, never heard of a light that had a veg bloom switch before…is it a newer or older model? My mars hydro just has a dimmer but it has 480 watts with uv and everything, and my other 300 watt only has a dimmer. I am learning also, could you tell me how that works? Do the light spectrums change on the same board?

It is my understanding that if your lights are dimmable you are running full spectrum but need to allow the percentage of light according to the plants stages recommended by your light manufacturer.

1 Like

Really??? Sounds like you need to smoke more weed…

2 Likes

@EDMP I looked at that type of light with the switches for veg and flower and opted for the one with a dimmer instead. You seem to know about the different light requirements for the stages of growth, so I would get the Photone app for your phone which measures light intensity. It will help you to get the proper distance for each phase of the grow. Good luck and enjoy.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input

1 Like

You are most welcome. We are here for you. You don’t need a problem to contact us, ya know. We love to see a new grower getting started. Keep us apprised of your grow.

For your lights, I would turn off the flowering until a week or so into veg, then turn all on. In flowering, maybe turn off the veg lights the last week or two while flushing and get those lights just as close as you can without fox-tailing.

1 Like

So about 2 - 3 weeks from seedling stage? Thanks again

Excellent advice, I’ve been able to dial in my Viperspectra KS5000 using the Photone app, I highly recommend it.

1 Like

Photone is not extremely accurate, but it can get you in the ballpark, and can be used for a day to day comparison.

2 Likes

I bought a $30 light meter on Amazon and I had the photon app. The photon app is ok but it was always a little off from the light meter which has been consistently accurate

2 Likes