Thoughts on tricomes

Do these look mostly cloudy ? I don’t see any amber ones yet. Also this plant for some reason always seems to have wet soil, the pot doesn’t really get light, but the plant seems to be fine it’s just small/short compared to its sister plant. It’s a deelite auto.I stopped giving nutes and just been getting water thinking it wouldn’t be much longer. I might have a few more weeks perhaps. I think it’s in week 5 of flower. Definitely seems longer than that.

1 Like

hi @jjress clear or cloudy but definitely not amber yet…also be careful of light reflections that can make trichs look amber at some angles. Getting close though…

3 Likes

Patience my friend,your almost in the window!

3 Likes

whats the strain? If Indica, I would chop now to prevent it from becoming too sedative / couch lock unless that is what you are aiming for

1 Like

That is a deelite auto. Not sure if it’s indica or sativa or hybrid. I’ll have to check.

It is a hybrid, like most today. If it short and bushy, it is most likely indica dominant. If it is taller and slender, it is most likely sativa dominant. Happy growing! I grew a Bruce auto (sativa dominant hybrid) it was short and bushy, smoked like an indica.

2 Likes

Deelite is mostly Indica…

2 Likes

I am new to this, not sure how to post a question. I have several auto’s, and I have not seen any amber, mine look like this, lots of smell and white on the buds. this is week 9 for all my plants, starting to get a lot of yellow leaves. Please, any advice will be much appreciated

This is my first grow so I’m trying to figure it out also as I go. But if your plants look like the pictures I posted then your getting close to harvest also.

Those are your pictures, I don’t know how to post my pictures, I have some under a loop, but my buds look just like yours. The write up on the autoflowers I plantes say they should be ready in 8 weeks, but it has been longer. I don’t want to harvest to early or late. Like you, I don’t see amber on any buds. I moved the plants outside after 2 weeks, and transplanted into 5 gal, and some into 10 gal fabric pots. They are growing great, but it is getting late in the season. I am in New England.

There is a little button in the right lower corner to put pictures in these messages. I was told that the information in the strain information on this site is based on growing hydro and not so much in soil. That the best way to tell when they are ready is by the tricomes.

![2
Thanks for the help, how do you post a new question. As you can see by these pictures, there is no amber in any, all of the rest of my plants look like this.

The weeks of flower in strain information is just a guideline. I have yet to grow an HGCC auto seed that has been ready in suggested time frame. I went approx a month longer on the last/earliest auto harvested. Good luck and happy growing!

4 Likes

There should be a tab for new topic when your on the forum main page, maybe you can do it also from your profile.

trich.pstl.hrvst

these are what the trikes / stigmas should look like when you are at harvest time

5 Likes

@thebreeze Welcome, Tom! Nice to see another New Englander here. I’m in Marlborough, MA. Tough weather this year, but most of my plants made it and my trichomes are getting cloudy. I like to get high, versus stoned, so I harvest at first sign of amber. Good luck!

2 Likes

@thebreeze Unless my eyes are mistaken me Tom, there is definitely some amber in there! I would harvest now if you haven’t yet!

@jjress From the pics you shared there are quite a few clear trichomes. The cloudy ones are the ones that are pretty much glowing from the light, while the clear will seem to have a shell or shield. Like everyone has pretty much said, wait til you start seeing some amber trichomes before thinking of harvest. Once you start seeing the Amber it’s truly a matter of preference. As a first time grower, if you’re checking on them everyday, from the first sight of amber trichomes, mark the best day on your calendar for harvest in the next 3-5 days. The day or two before you plan to harvest, kill the lights for 24-48 hours, this will help speed the drying process by encouraging the plant to not take in any more water. (They only use water during photosynthesis) HAPPY GROWING!! 🪴❤️🪴❤️🪴

1 Like

Weymouth, MA. here, the weather has been brutal!

I love how excited everyone gets with their grows. One advice I give is just make sure you check the trichomes on the bud and avoid the sugar leaves. The sugar leaves seem to show amber trichomes before the bud will. Looks awesome.

2 Likes