Thoughts on tricomes

“the first sign of amber trichomes, harvest in 3-5 days”

My White Widow is on Day 47 and already has amber pistils. I need to check the trichomes, but they are becoming cloudy.

I have read to wait to 50%. Why the earlier harvest?

It is 105 and 45% rH here. I think the heat may be accelerating her flower.

Her leaf tips began burning, so I switched both plants to plain water.

They were started at the same time, but DeeLite will take longer.

And that’s okay. I’m running out so I’m glad White Widow is almost ready. She will hold me over until I get better at this. Next grow will certainly be during the winter. :slight_smile:

DeeLite Auto is slower and bushier, so I’m thinking she will have an indica effect and White Widow will be more sativa.

All in all, this hasn’t been that hard and I can’t remember when I’ve enjoyed anything as much as visiting with my plants every day. Lol

3 Likes

@deborahmarie369 I didn’t cut any of mine short but I waited till the tricomes were pretty much all cloudy, I did see a few amber color ones here and there. This is my third grow kind of, I started later in the year last year and the plants were in veg when it was rather hot, this year I started them in Mid February and I ended up dealing with some really high temps in my grow space as well, I was able to control the humidity but not the temps and I agree it seemed to accelerate some of the plants during flower, one of the plants that I had planted like 2 weeks after the first 10 blew past all the other 13 total plants and finished a week before anything else. I did 10 auto plants and 4 photos. All of the plants are in jars now. I actually did have a few plants do some foxtailing from the stress of the heat, but they turned out fine in the end. I seemed to have averaged 2oz of nice flower per plant with all the auto plants. It was 3-4 on 3 of the photo plants, and 2 on the last one. I also have like 4-5 oz of trimming and popcorn buds mix to use for butter. I will be doing another grow starting the middle or closer to the end of next month so when they finish it will hopefully be much cooler and probably finish the end of December or early in January, we will see how it goes . I must say I really do enjoy watching these plants and other flowers I have planted in my yard grow, it is rather fascinating and rewarding. Thanks for the comment, Happy Growing. :blush:

1 Like