The importance of decarboxylation (decarbing)

As always, thank you for the helpful info @MDBuds and others. It’s always nice to have these re-posted from time to time.

2 Likes

@MDBuds really excited to see this article come to light and thank you for sharing that infusion breakdown! :smiley:

2 Likes

@Kronic they didn’t use the article but I’ve been thinking about posting it on the forum anyway just to get the information out there.

4 Likes

@MDBuds Oh darn I’m sorry to hear that. I know I’d love to read it, it sounds like some wonderful information! :smiley:

2 Likes

@MDBuds, will you post your article?? I’ve been trying to locate that exact info.
What types of carrier oils would absorb the cannabinoids the best.
Find formulas used to calculate for dosage.
I’m making lotions & savles for pain, eczema, acne etc.

1 Like

@LilMic I did post it.

Can you tell me what the dosing would be if I used 2 Oz of bud ,it was lifter 20% CBD in 14 fluid ounces of coconut oil?

1 Like

@dmtscravey if decarbed and infused properly that should give you roughly 17 mg cbd per ml. If dosing with 5 mg using .33 or 1/3 ml will be fine.

Thank you I have been taking a full syringe one to three times a day which I think is a full milliliter so I’ll have to cut back a little bit.

2 Likes

You’ll be needing to think of a way for me to pay you back for all this knowledge and help you’ve given me throughout the grow. @MDbuds

2 Likes

@dmtscravey when I finish a few of my breeding projects I’ll send you some seeds and you can grow a few for me and show them off. That’s enough for me. :v:

1 Like

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 45 minutes before trying again.

4 Likes

It’s a deal just let me know when and how many and I’ll get them going!

1 Like

@MDBuds How Come i can’t see @LilMic ?

1 Like

@LilMic there you are you finally appeared in a Blank Spot sorry

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Luv making this just as much as eating it

3 Likes

OK- Here is a simple decarbox recipe for those of us who are (humbly) not as scientific as our beloved @MDBuds :blush:

If using a regular gas or electric oven here is how to convert RAW flower/leaf/bud into the decarb you want.
CANNABINOID ACTIVATION CHART

• THC:- Decarb at 250°F (121°C) for 30-45 minutes.
  • CBD: Decarb at 280°F (140°C) for 60-90 minutes.
  • CBN: Decarb at 320°F (160°C) for 90-120 minutes.

(this is courtesy of [Herb Decarboxylation Made Easy | MagicalButter](https:
//magicalbutter.com/blogs/base-recipes/decarboxylation)

You do NOT have to have the fancy Decarb Box, you can make an aluminum foil pouch, or place your dried raw buddage on a cookie sheet or a silicone baking sheet, etc. Personally I have used silicone baking sheets and the silicone box and it comes out great.

YES! Once Decarbed you may store decarbed buds/trimmings in colored mason jars that are air tight, store in a cool-dry place. Hope this helps some.

4 Likes

Good info!! Gotta decarb your weed folks​:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes