The Best Way to Cure Your Marijuana Buds

Originally published at: https://homegrowncannabisco.com/grow-your-own-with-kyle-kushman/growing-indoors/the-best-way-to-cure-your-marijuana-buds/

You’ve built out your grow, bought your Homegrown cannabis seeds cannabis seeds and followed the guides from pop to crop. You’ve even dried your marijuana plants and they look perfectly ready to smoke. It’s been a long process and all you want to do is blaze up a bowl. Sure, you can do that, but…

3 Likes

For new growers or first time curers, Boveda Packets or any two way 62% Humidity packets are life savers! I personally dry my cannabis with as much of the plant still on it for a longer and slower dry. I also like to keep my humidity way low - roughly 30 - 35% and I really dry the bud out, as when I put it in jars within 24 hours I have it back to 65% or more Humidity within my jars. So don’t let your dry feeling after the dry process scare you, you really want that long dry to help the flavor profile and smoothness come through. - Kronic

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Of all the different stages of a cannabis grow the dry/cure is the most intimidating to me as a novice grower.

4 Likes

Hey Ryan - we want to make a space where you don’t feel silly asking any questions! We all have to learn once and we will make sure that we have a community that recognizes this! Glad the post gave you info you can use.

3 Likes

Honestly, since i started growing drying and curing are very important parts to the puzzle of growing. Now saying that e ery aspect of growing is extremely important once you’ve locked down soil,lights,ventilation,air flow,best water to use,nutrients and of course your seed…the rest is purely patience i feel. Let your ladies dry slow until crispy, then trim,jar with boveda packs 62% nd cure proper for a very beautiful result! Happy growing fellow farmers!

3 Likes

As was mentioned above, the Boveda 62% packs work really well.
I will give my plants a rough trim before hanging to dry for a week or so, then put them in airtight jars with a pack in it. Ya gotta burp the jars a couple times a day for a week or so to let any deep moisture to escape.
The Boveda’s will keep your bud fresh for long periods, if you replace them when they get hard. I have some stash from over a year ago that’s still nice and fresh smelling and tasting.

1 Like

[/quote]

3 Likes