The Best Way to Cure Your Marijuana Buds

Originally published at: https://homegrowncannabisco.com/grow-your-own-with-kyle-kushman/growing-indoors/the-best-way-to-cure-your-marijuana-buds/

You’ve built out your grow, bought your Homegrown cannabis seeds cannabis seeds and followed the guides from pop to crop. You’ve even dried your marijuana plants and they look perfectly ready to smoke. It’s been a long process and all you want to do is blaze up a bowl. Sure, you can do that, but…

4 Likes

For new growers or first time curers, Boveda Packets or any two way 62% Humidity packets are life savers! I personally dry my cannabis with as much of the plant still on it for a longer and slower dry. I also like to keep my humidity way low - roughly 30 - 35% and I really dry the bud out, as when I put it in jars within 24 hours I have it back to 65% or more Humidity within my jars. So don’t let your dry feeling after the dry process scare you, you really want that long dry to help the flavor profile and smoothness come through. - Kronic

9 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Of all the different stages of a cannabis grow the dry/cure is the most intimidating to me as a novice grower.

9 Likes

Hey Ryan - we want to make a space where you don’t feel silly asking any questions! We all have to learn once and we will make sure that we have a community that recognizes this! Glad the post gave you info you can use.

6 Likes

Honestly, since i started growing drying and curing are very important parts to the puzzle of growing. Now saying that e ery aspect of growing is extremely important once you’ve locked down soil,lights,ventilation,air flow,best water to use,nutrients and of course your seed…the rest is purely patience i feel. Let your ladies dry slow until crispy, then trim,jar with boveda packs 62% nd cure proper for a very beautiful result! Happy growing fellow farmers!

4 Likes

As was mentioned above, the Boveda 62% packs work really well.
I will give my plants a rough trim before hanging to dry for a week or so, then put them in airtight jars with a pack in it. Ya gotta burp the jars a couple times a day for a week or so to let any deep moisture to escape.
The Boveda’s will keep your bud fresh for long periods, if you replace them when they get hard. I have some stash from over a year ago that’s still nice and fresh smelling and tasting.

4 Likes

[/quote]

8 Likes

Me also, it’s nice to have smarter peeps to help.

3 Likes

I would be glad to help you out but i got banned bc someone was convinced ffof is a hot mix, it is not! I even showed him a sprout in a solo cup grow contest im in as he claimed ffof is so hot it will fry a seedling, this is not true! And i dont want people bashing a great company for there mistakes, i told this person that he either used to much pearlite, or pearlite that was infused with food or more than likely he gave a full dose of nutrients to a sprout, i was told i was wrong and you can transplant autoflowers and you can but it shocks the plant and adds unnecessary stress, autoflowers have very very weak root systems so why invite trouble when if you do it as directed you can easily avoid problems by sowing your seed 1 half inch deep in the pot you intend to do your whole grow in, this place sells seeds i wonder if they advise there customers to tansplant all there autoflowers? Probably not for the reasons i stated above, if i was blunt and hurt someone’s feelings im sorry but ffof is not a hot mix and it will not harm seedlings, yes you can transplant autoflowers but it is not recommended, so from now on please do not ask for advice bc im not going to get banned again for telling the truth. Snoleperd!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for your post. Sometimes we all get a little headstrong and believe what we know is the honest truth. Sometimes the way we express ourselves makes other feel like they are being attacked. We offer our opinions becasue we BELIEVE in what we are saying and yet others take it as - Do not talk to me like you know everything and I am stupid. I love this forum becasue it allows each of us to offer OPINIONS. Maybe we can STATE our claims with a little more compassion and understanding but I agree…when someone is asking for an opinion, we tell it like it is. And it is what we believe it is.
So I ask, both asker’s and teller’s, have compassion for our sister and brother growers out there. Take all knowledge with a grain of salt. I have seen this in religion…and I recall a testimony that said “when you want to know the truth,pray and ask the Lord whether or not it is true”. Do not let the words of man make your decisions for you, take that knowledge and apply it to your situation and decide for yourself the truth of what you see,read, hear.
Keep on keeping on. @snoleperd76 -I appreciate your knowledge and skill as I do of all members, including the greenies, newbies and legacy individuals

7 Likes

6 Likes

@kronic checkity check check it. :joy:

3 Likes

Oh boi - @snoleperd76 you have a lot of growing to do with your understanding of fox farm ocean forest. Ask any commercial or serious caregiver and they’ll tell you almost always they start in rockwool, peatmoss, or happy frog and transplant to ocean forest. I don’t have time of day to argue with you but we appreciate you trying to help but when you’re wrong and multiple growers are telling you that, maybe put the ego aside and realize the information you may know might not be accurate. Happy growing.

3 Likes

So just a little remark here…I have Lemon, Pineapple, GSC, Bruce, Tangerine, GG4, AK47, G13, GorillaGirl and Alaskan Purple -ALL AUTO’s going at the same time. Started them within 3 days of each other. Every strain is reacting differently to my soil. Some find it hot, some find it perfect, some find it a little cold and look like they could use a boost. All of them in the SAME SUBSTRATE…FFOF as the foundation! 10 different strains and 4 of them are reacting like it is hot, 3 are perfection and 3 act like its too cold. I have duplicates of the Alaskan Purp and GSC and Bruce and they are exactly the same across the board. I water from the same master container so the ph and temp is exactly the same, in the same tent and rotated to be sure they get the same amount of photons and the Rh is also the same for ALL. I cannot tell you WHY they react differently but after all my years, I know not only can strains react different, within the same strain each seed can act different. This opinion is based on over a couple THOUSAND grows and 50+ years exposure. THis is just an OBSERVATION. Sometimes the mechanics just do not add up

6 Likes

@Mrb53004 those observations would be phenotype variances in genetics as well as possible fluctuations in the soil microbe populations. It’s amazing to watch it in real life.

5 Likes

@Kronic :grin:

:smiley: GIF_20210208_103205 GIF_20210208_103000 GIF_20210208_102705

6 Likes

As a newbie, I can relate to what you said. I have 3 strawberry cough in the same soil, planted the same time, etc. Two are a nice healthy green, the 3rd is a lighter green and has always been my ‘problem child’ :slight_smile:

I read you grow Bruce Banner as well as Gorilla Glue #4…which do you feel is more potent on the sativa level?

2 Likes

My bruce is not in yet but I will let you know. Maybe 3 weeks out
GG4 is a phenomenal strain. It just has ALWAYS been good. Had hermies here and there but still a “TOP SHELF” product. Bruce has a good reputation and tends to be a little more uplifting / daytime (sativa) weed
GG4 is very relaxing…Banner is more creative
But I will let you know asap

5 Likes

More potent-----After having my harvest cured enough to make a choice, here it is
GG4—Really nice and prefer dinner time and later
Bruce - Oh yea, wake and bake
who is better? BOTH. Just depends on time of day and what you are doing. I prefer Bruce when you want to get up and out and I prefer GG4 when you want to chillax

3 Likes

3 Likes